Confirmed with Link: Sharks to open season on the road in LA

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
What Shark players said anything like that? The quote could have meant anything but we all know how DW loves vague analogies so it's hard to say what he really meant by saying that these guys were like "co-workers". I think you're reading too far into it but I'm not really sure.

Again, if DW really thinks that, then only he is to blame. Personally, I don't think he really meant anything by it.

Where did you hear anything like that from the players though.

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
What Shark players said anything like that? The quote could have meant anything but we all know how DW loves vague analogies so it's hard to say what he really meant by saying that these guys were like "co-workers". I think you're reading too far into it but I'm not really sure.

Again, if DW really thinks that, then only he is to blame. Personally, I don't think he really meant anything by it.

Where did you hear anything like that from the players though.

See this is why you come off as a troll.

You go on blast without even knowing the facts...

Sharks News Thread. NHL Live video with DW.

"A group of my players said they felt like coworkers and not teammates."

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Anybody remember when it was reported early in the season that this group was a really tight knit team. I'm not crazy am I?

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Anybody remember when it was reported early in the season that this group was a really tight knit team. I'm not crazy am I?

No, you aren't, and this is a lot of the reason why I feel none of the reported things about this being a group of players who consider themselves being "co-workers" is actually accurate.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
No, you aren't, and this is a lot of the reason why I feel none of the reported things about this being a group of players who consider themselves being "co-workers" is actually accurate.

That's not what I got out of it. He said multiple players said that "some" players acted like they were co-workers instead of team mates.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Wasn't it a direct quote from DW though?

Yes. I just feel like DW is just saying things and making analogies because they sound cool. I don't think there are any real issues with the way the team treats each other, and, if there are, then you need to trade every single player save for 4 or 5 of your choice, and get rid of all of management, top to bottom, ranging from coaches to scouts to even equipment managers and physical therapists, if it's a full team issue. If it's just a few players, then get rid of those players.

If I had to guess, I could see Kennedy and Havlat both being "co-workers", rather than teammates. It is a fault on DW for acquiring Kennedy even though his character was clearly bad judging by the way he reacted to his being traded from Pittsburgh.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
That's not what I got out of it. He said multiple players said that "some" players acted like they were co-workers instead of team mates.

Yea that would make a lot more sense. All the younger guys seem to be pretty good friends. I don't know about the older guys though. Honestly the only one I could think of not having a great relationship with anyone would be Stuart. Obviously all speculation.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
DW wouldn't have said that if it weren't true. You can keep thinking everyone is best friends and he's making it up but when you blow a 3-0 series lead and go out like they did there is going to be tension in the room, which belongs to the players. Not the coaches or gm.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
DW wouldn't have said that if it weren't true. You can keep thinking everyone is best friends and he's making it up but when you blow a 3-0 series lead and go out like they did there is going to be tension in the room, which belongs to the players. Not the coaches or gm.

There's no doubt it was tense and it probably caused some problems that amplified previous non-issues. From what we know its been reported that they were a close group before.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
There's no doubt it was tense and it probably caused some problems that amplified previous non-issues. From what we know its been reported that they were a close group before.

They probably were. Locker rooms are the players domain away from the outside. If there are rifts, its up to the leaders to address and resolve them. Of course we'll never know what happened inside the Sharks room but if they let something like that fester, that's unacceptable.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I agree with all those real issues.

......but those are never discussed for long on this forum before it trails into (player) SUCKS! (player) IS BETTER!.

There dat narrative again. ;)

The narrative is that the players didn't believe in their dedication to one another. Go tell the players their "narrative" is BS.

Are you saying DW was lying? I'm sorry, you're much smarter than i am. I always let the used car salesman sell me a Pinto at Porsche price....

I'm not questioning your intelligence, but rather pointing out how shady DW is. When have we ever been able to take ANYTHING Doug Wilson says at face value? He's almost always quiet, and whenever he says ANYTHING, it ALWAYS has an agenda. I'm not saying that he's straight-up lying. What I'm saying is that that kind of comment is usually something he would never say unless there's a reason for it. I doubt this "problem" is unique to the Sharks. I think that DW made that comment for a specific reason. Whether that's to make Thornton or Marleau think that their teammates don't think highly of them in order to convince them to waive, or to distract from the fact that he wants to destroy a contending roster, or to give something for people to talk about instead of wondering why he hasn't said anything concrete this entire offseason.

He wouldn't say something like that without an agenda. And therefore we shouldn't take it at face value.

If the team's playing well, that means they must be tight. If they're losing? Lockerroom issues. If they cede one of the worst comebacks in history? Lockerroom poison and mass panic.

This is what I mean about narrative. If I were so inclined, I'd go find that LeBrun piece he wrote following Game 3, talking about how this incarnation of the Sharks was ready to put it on the line, how they were gearing up for a long playoff run, how they were able to pick each other up. 4 bad games later (of which I guarantee we'd have won one if Niemi or Stalock had been able to put up a single ****ing quality start :shakehead) and PANIC! LOCKERROOM POISON!

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Scheduling that says more about the NHL than the Sharks. Everyone already knows what happened.

Give me Lindros back you jerk wads.

Awayboardn

Feb 19, 2007
Quartz Hill
Excellent. Own the loss. Be humble. Move forward. Play harder.

This is exactly why I have never disliked the Sharks...Kings fan my entire life but 2nd to the Kings as weird as it sounds I have always had the most respect for the Sharks organization...can't say the same about the **** Ducks! I wish you guys nothing but the best of luck in 2015 and I'm a little pissed at the scheduling...that **** is messed up...our two teams put on a hell of a performance in the 1st round and good hockey is what I want most! Good luck this season boys!

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
:laugh:

Yeah, the real problems and issues worth getting bent over and debating to death are luck, tanking, and Joe/Patty vs (players that CAN'T be built around).

Sorry, i think this team has had TEAM issues for a long time. They don't play hard enough for one another.

A group of players on the team raising that same concern is huge. You can choose to look at it however you please.

Gonna laugh when its revealed that Couture's little wannabe YMCMB group are the ones who're acting like they're co-workers.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This is exactly why I have never disliked the Sharks...Kings fan my entire life but 2nd to the Kings as weird as it sounds I have always had the most respect for the Sharks organization...can't say the same about the **** Ducks! I wish you guys nothing but the best of luck in 2015 and I'm a little pissed at the scheduling...that **** is messed up...our two teams put on a hell of a performance in the 1st round and good hockey is what I want most! Good luck this season boys!

Saw your post on the Kings thread. Take your fakeness elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad