Prospect Info: Sharks summer development camp 2024

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Will Smith and Quentin Musty seem to have instant chemistry. They were the best Duo. Smith is going to make the team and Musty will probably get 9 games. Smith is soooo smooth and shifty on his skates. I wasn't expecting his defense and forechecking to be so good either.

Celebrini when in the offensive zone was basically in control and just circling around making plays and I really see the Crosby comparisons. Only played 2 shifts in the first quarter and not much in the 2nd quarter and dudes were just draped all over him when he was out there lol. He was making plays nobody else, including his linemates, knew was coming. plays that likely get finished by NHL caliber linemate

Pohlkamp looked very good and he wasn't even on my prospect radar. Right handed D and was easily the best Dman today. hell, give him 9 games and see if he is the RHD who can stick? he looked like a forward, but didn't have any defensive lapses. BUT this was a low contact 4 on 4 and 3 on 3 scrimmage.

Cagnoni is thicker than I thought. I heard he was small, but he's not skinny. Expected to see him offensively standing out but he didn't go on his offense today, His defensive zone play and decision making were great

Dickenson needs a year or two more in juniors. Looked good. Skates great, but will need some seasoning. Made a few forced mistakes, but nothing too worrisome for a scrimmage. Him and Celebrini seemed liked they were trying too much at times.

Halttunen looks better than I thought. I knew he had a bomb of a shot(i was impressed with his shot for sure), but I didn't see the problems with his defensive game that I have heard of and his offensive zone instincts are better than i thought. That celebrini to Halt one timer shot at 1:18:58 was killer

When the score was 7-2, it looked so lopsided lol. Then team white came back to tie it up, wtf lol

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Man, every time I see stuff about Celebrini, can't help but think he was molded in a lab to be the perfect franchise center on and off the ice. 2 way player, high skill, high end workrate on and off the ice, very composed on and off the ice, and just seems like a good and friendly kid.

It's kind uncanny lol.

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
My family and I had an absolute blast at the scrimmage today. I'll have to watch a replay of the stream later but it got pretty damned loud when team white tied it. So hype. That Smith Musty duo was disgusting and Pohlkamp, Hulttunen, and Edstrom were standouts, too.

Celebrini will put butts in seats for a decade plus. Team teal tried to put the clamps on him early, double teaming him, but he's a wizard at creating his own space. Him and Kasper at the end of the 4th would just not be denied. My brother and I were going crazy when they tied it haha. What a fun event and it was especially awesome seeing so many hyped fans there. Seriously can't wait for this season. Hope everyone is having a great 4th!

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
Cagnoni is thicker than I thought. I heard he was small, but he's not skinny. Expected to see him offensively standing out but he didn't go on his offense today, His defensive zone play and decision making were great
Unless I had the player wrong, I thought I saw cagnoni get absolutely tossed once or twice. little concerning but i mean isn't brad marchand a shawty?

DoubleOT

Jan 5, 2017
San Jose, CA
Fun game! So cool to get a first look a Macklin and all these great prospects.

I actually thought Dickinson had some great moments. It's not a game for D and goalies. He had some good plays and rushes. Great skater. Too much to say his skating makes me think of a 6'3 Scott Neidermeyer? Maybe not his all around game or even speed per se, but his smooth stride. Could be the $16 tall boy of Drake Brewing Co. Pilsner talking here.

Macklin looked great, those last 2 minutes or so he just turned it on. His shot is elite, as is his vision and IQ. What a player.

Super fun. I'm pumped to see some of these guys make the show and lead us to a good 15-20 wins this year lol.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
I think Smith will be slightly better than Celebrini next season. Maybe Celebrini catches up by the end of the year. That competition between each of them is going to be great and help push them to work harder.

Smith also looked better during the NCAA playoffs head to head. Curious to see where Mack is after another year of development. Celebrini has a higher ceiling, but that’s mainly due to his 200 foot game. I think Will will be slight better offensively while Mack is Bergeron-esque in being elite in every aspect.

The thought of Celebrini absolutely erasing other teams top lines and still scoring, alá Barkov, and then Smith absolutely lighting up the opposition’s 2nd and 3rd lines is exciting.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think Smith will be slightly better than Celebrini next season. Maybe Celebrini catches up by the end of the year. That competition between each of them is going to be great and help push them to work harder.

Smith also looked better during the NCAA playoffs head to head. Curious to see where Mack is after another year of development. Celebrini has a higher ceiling, but that’s mainly due to his 200 foot game. I think Will will be slight better offensively while Mack is Bergeron-esque in being elite in every aspect.

The thought of Celebrini absolutely erasing other teams top lines and still scoring, alá Barkov, and then Smith absolutely lighting up the opposition’s 2nd and 3rd lines is exciting.
Yea I'm interested to see how it goes with Smith. I think a lot of us pointed to his conditioning and strength being a big part of his deficiencies last season. Seems like he's made a conscious effort to address those this summer. Hopefully we see it translate to the ice in training camp.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Pohlkamp looked very good and he wasn't even on my prospect radar. Right handed D and was easily the best Dman today. hell, give him 9 games and see if he is the RHD who can stick? he looked like a forward, but didn't have any defensive lapses. BUT this was a low contact 4 on 4 and 3 on 3 scrimmage.
It's just a scrimmage, but I have a scout friend who thinks highly of Pohlkamp and considers him one of the Sharks's best prospects.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I thought 4v4 was weird, and it looked like the guys just weren't as comfortable out there as a result. 3v3 looked much more natural.

Dickinson was not impressive. Fell down a lot, got pushed off the puck easily, made bad turnovers. I get that he's young and only has OHL experience, but he looks like he needs a few games of trial by fire to unlock that next gear. AHL would be best, but.....

I really like watching Musty play. He's got those deft touches that are just so useful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad