Prospect Info: Sharks summer development camp 2024

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Thought Sahlin Wallenius looked really solid. Laroque had a few moves and looks decent. Halttunen showed some good puck protection. Smith looks confident and dangerous.

Pohlkamp having fun with it and showing off his shot.
I have a feeling Pohlkamp might be our rising star prospect this year. He already took a good step forward last year and I could see him really flourishing in the DU system under Carle after the transfer.

Yeah, all my reservations about him were on display. :laugh: Shows he’s got some development to do for sure.
Yeah, the processing speed seems a little slow for him right now. Not that surprising, he might even just be a little overwhelmed by the moment, and on that one bad turnover in the corner that led to the goal he wasn't getting any help, but safe to say it's easy to see where he needs to work on that stuff (though the tools are certainly as advertised).

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
He's our best all around right handed Defenseman. WJC winner and heading to Denver to be the guy behind Zeev. Gonna be a solid two way top 4 guy.

I have a feeling Pohlkamp might be our rising star prospect this year. He already took a good step forward last year and I could see him really flourishing in the DU system under Carle after the transfer.

Yeah, the processing speed seems a little slow for him right now. Not that surprising, he might even just be a little overwhelmed by the moment, and on that one bad turnover in the corner that led to the goal he wasn't getting any help, but safe to say it's easy to see where he needs to work on that stuff (though the tools are certainly as advertised).

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Chernyshov. He’s strong and relentless on the puck.
Absolutely, he's looked great. I'm stoked.

Pohlkamp is super exciting. Same size concerns as Cagnoni at 5'10" but he moves well and looks the part.

Dickinson is very young too -- and last year Smith looked a bit overwhelmed/like he was still playing USHL. The difference is, Smith is smart AF and has great hockey sense, and his play evolved demonstrably over the year. Dickinson has the controversy of some (EP, others, Jux) seeing a lot of hockey sense issues, and others thinking there's no issue. Either he's young and he'll grow out of it, or he'll be a risky player. It's just one 4 on 4 game of course but yeah would have liked to see a few better decisions to go with the bonehead mistakes :)

As an aside, Musty looks the part for sure. Maybe he does have a shot at the lineup this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad