Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
San Jose Sharks - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
52 guys under NHL contract this season (including the 4 slideables); 48 active contracts.

Sharks have 21 expiring contracts this season (10 RFAs, 11 UFAs). That gives them 31, including 2 slidables, for next season.

I'm thinking maybe 10 re-sign, so that gives room for the undrafted free agents, draftees and other guys to be signed.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Weatherby still has a year of college eligibility left, right? I think Reedy's graduating, so he'll be first in line for a contract, I think.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
They have 11 UFA's with two extra slots and his ELC would be two years. I get that it's not the most efficient use of a contract but it's hardly something to get terrified over.

Well then it's certainly a bad look that I used that word without later making it explicitly clear that it was intentional hyperbole for effect... I suppose I could've also relied on the fact that my known taste for flippant and at times artificially and non-seriously trumped up statements would be enough for people to judge the intent of the post rather than just the literal wording and understand that the word was meant to be taken in a less-than-sincere manner. But I guess that's also on me for expecting that nobody would make a mountain out of a inconsequential and tangential mole hill.

Because if I had done that it would've rendered that whole issue moot, and it would make continued references to that word choice look weirdly focused on needless vocabulary pedantry rather than any sort of real and substantive debate.

But that would be silly...

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well then it's certainly a bad look that I used that word without later making it explicitly clear that it was intentional hyperbole for effect...

Because if I had done that it would've rendered that whole issue moot, and it would make continued references to that word choice look weirdly focused on needless vocabulary pedantry rather than any sort of real and substantive debate.

I made my points on it. Don't get why you're making it a thing when you're the one admitting to taking it too far then turn around and be an ass about it.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Well then it's certainly a bad look that I used that word without later making it explicitly clear that it was intentional hyperbole for effect... I suppose I could've also relied on the fact that my known taste for flippant and at times artificially and non-seriously trumped up statements would be enough for people to judge the intent of the post rather than just the literal wording and understand that the word was meant to be taken in a less-than-sincere manner. But I guess that's also on me for expecting that nobody would make a mountain out of a inconsequential and tangential mole hill.

Your abundant satire has convinced Tim Burke that opponents would also be terrified of the Weatherbeast and is now strongly considering an ELC because of that reasoning.

Last edited:

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
The scounting report reads very similar to how I view Knyzhov lol.

Similar skill sets I think. I watched a lot of Hatakka in the WJC and was really impressed with how he has developed. He showed a lot more offensive poise in the tourney than I have seen from Knyzhov, but hard to tell if that will translate at the NHL level.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Watching the Wisconsin-Minnesota game. Reedy seems to be floating a bit on defense but has some nice stick skills.

He's also apparently comfortable in front of the net and willing to play physical, even a little dirty - he checked a Wisconsin player hard into the boards about two seconds after the Badger was rid of the puck.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Islanders just signed a KHL rfa for this season only. I assume that means Dahlen can be signed the same

Not likely. I believe the distinction is that Jonathan Dahlen is an RFA. Golyshev was on the reserve list as a prospect they drafted and hadn't signed an NHL contract.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This may be wrong but Dahlen is listed as reserve list on capfriendly for some reason

I would guess that's just where they're putting RFA's from this past off-season who haven't signed yet. February 11th was the last day an RFA was eligible to sign and still play this season.

Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I would guess that's just where they're putting RFA's from this past off-season who haven't signed yet. February 11th was the last day an RFA was eligible to sign and still play this season.
Yeah thats why I was confused why they could sign an older guy now and he can play. Maybe because hes never had a NA contract though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad