Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
any update on Yegor Spiridonov? his stats are saying he's bouncing from league to league in russia ... but beside that?

His season is probably over - SKA teams are still playing in the KHL and MHL playoffs, but I think Spiridonov finished in the VHL and maybe he's ineligible for either playoff?

Unfortunately, his season was broken into chunks because of the WJC - 29 games all told. Looks like he's improved but isn't setting the world on fire, but with this weird season, probably best to wait and see how he does next year, hopefully in the VHL if not the KHL full-time.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
It will be better for Spiridonov to play one more season in Russia (KHL or VHL). He wasn’t bright even in VHL and I’m not sure he will make the SKA’s roster, which is very deep. IMHO, the best scenario for him is loan in weaker KHL team which needs player like him and will give him ice time like Torpedo did with Chekhovich.
If Spiridonov will come to AHL next season he will be broken like Chekhovich was in 2019/20. At first, he gotta establish himself in KHL. At this moment his skill is much less than Ivan’s

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Last edited:

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Bordeleau should just go to the Cuda. Chances are he wants to run it back at least another year at UM. What a mess of a season. He showed tremendous ability nonetheless. Excited for his future either way.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
If I were him having just experienced that uncertainty of the NCAA and amateur hockey right now and getting your WC and possible college hockey championship taken away, I’d take that max ELC by DW tonight and never look back. Gong show.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If I were him having just experienced that uncertainty of the NCAA and amateur hockey right now and getting your WC and possible college hockey championship taken away, I’d take that max ELC by DW tonight and never look back. Gong show.

Yeah there's a little more certainty here and I think he'd progress more here than at college but you can't replace the college experience.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Bordeleau can only come to the Sharks if he signs a contract with us so he'd have to make his decision about turning pro like now. Otherwise, he's done for the season. I don't think they can just loan him to the Barracuda and then go back to college after.

Pretty sure they can't. He's allowed to attend rookie camps on his own time, but that doesn't include playing in officially sanctioned league games. And those tryout contracts that CHLers sign after their seasons end that lets them skirt the 20yo+ rule aren't applicable to college kids and NCAA eligibility in the same way. He sets foot on AHL or NHL ice and his NCAA career is donezo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad