Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Bring back Harri Sateri.
We've had a lot of success with allowing our prospects to develop in other teams' systems (Balcers, Dahlen) and Sateri is no exception. He would be a great stopgap while Gaudreau develops some more. Come on guys, get our former prospects while they're still in their prime (e.g. missed opportunity with Bonino and now he's really old).

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Bring back Harri Sateri.
We've had a lot of success with allowing our prospects to develop in other teams' systems (Balcers, Dahlen) and Sateri is no exception. He would be a great stopgap while Gaudreau develops some more. Come on guys, get our former prospects while they're still in their prime (e.g. missed opportunity with Bonino and now he's really old).
I'm dead serious. Give him a contract for a season or 2 and see how things go. I don't think we should've gave up on Greiss when we did either so maybe that's an option? I don't know where he's playing or his contract situation. Gaudreau should be viewed as the goalie of the future. Chrona is another guy who could surprise people. Im not convinced Sawchenko isn't a sleeper too.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Watched McCue/Gilmartin earlier and now watching the Wiesblatt brothers face off. Our Wiesblatt with an early PP assist. He's fun to watch, even if he hasn't put up tons of points this year.

Oasiz Wiesblatt is draft eligible this year, and I like him so far. He's tiny though, about as big as Gushchin. Fast, good hands from what I can tell so far. might be one of those cases where when he gets older, he could start to really put up points at this level.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Watched McCue/Gilmartin earlier and now watching the Wiesblatt brothers face off. Our Wiesblatt with an early PP assist. He's fun to watch, even if he hasn't put up tons of points this year.

Oasiz Wiesblatt is draft eligible this year, and I like him so far. He's tiny though, about as big as Gushchin. Fast, good hands from what I can tell so far. might be one of those cases where when he gets older, he could start to really put up points at this level.

I'm watching Ganon vs the Giants round 2 (didn't go to the game though because it's stormy here and my power was out for much of the afternoon. But because it's a holiday the CHL App is giving away a ton of games for free including this one) and the Royals are now up 1-0. Laroque with an assist. I forget how hard it is to scout a single player when at the mercy of a camera following the play.

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Ozzy had a good game. He's dangerous on the powerplay because he's excellent at creating space for himself. I still am hung up on the actual skill level, or maybe it's just the decision making + the skill level. Sometimes he makes some quick cutbacks and lightning quick pass plays that I'm just really impressed by. Then other times it's just frustrating. I don't think his hockey IQ matches up with the plays that he is making. He'll cut twice, create space, then shoot into someone's heels. or he'll cut around a defender, then instead of trying to shoot on net he'll launch a pass way back to his dman. He also is very over-reliant on whipping passes cross-ice on the powerplay that just aren't going to work in the NHL, and aren't even really working now. He also has a tendency to pass first without thinking. He receives a pass that gets him into space, then he immediately passed it back without shifting the defense. Confusing.

Anyways, what he does well is very apparent. He's quick, he can dangle, he can pass quickly up the ice, and he can identify transition spots and plays well. He has an edge to him and likes to mix it up as well. He got into a fight this game too. I see him as a third line energy winger, and I hope he can make that. He's fun to watch.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Ozzy had a good game. He's dangerous on the powerplay because he's excellent at creating space for himself. I still am hung up on the actual skill level, or maybe it's just the decision making + the skill level. Sometimes he makes some quick cutbacks and lightning quick pass plays that I'm just really impressed by. Then other times it's just frustrating. I don't think his hockey IQ matches up with the plays that he is making. He'll cut twice, create space, then shoot into someone's heels. or he'll cut around a defender, then instead of trying to shoot on net he'll launch a pass way back to his dman. He also is very over-reliant on whipping passes cross-ice on the powerplay that just aren't going to work in the NHL, and aren't even really working now. He also has a tendency to pass first without thinking. He receives a pass that gets him into space, then he immediately passed it back without shifting the defense. Confusing.

Anyways, what he does well is very apparent. He's quick, he can dangle, he can pass quickly up the ice, and he can identify transition spots and plays well. He has an edge to him and likes to mix it up as well. He got into a fight this game too. I see him as a third line energy winger, and I hope he can make that. He's fun to watch.

Reminds me of Goldobin :'(

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Both Reimer and Hill were signed for two years (through 2023). MAYBE one gets traded this summer to bring in a backup, but I think it more likely that Sawchenko, Melnichuk or Gaudreau or Robins get opportunity to audition for backup role over the first few months of next season. (Or is the audition for for this two happening now.)

(Melnichuk and Sawchenko are RFAs this summer. The team might re-sign both, might re-sign one, or package one for a deal at draft or earlier).

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Both Reimer and Hill were signed for two years (through 2023). MAYBE one gets traded this summer to bring in a backup, but I think it more likely that Sawchenko, Melnichuk or Gaudreau or Robins get opportunity to audition for backup role over the first few months of next season. (Or is the audition for for this two happening now.)

(Melnichuk and Sawchenko are RFAs this summer. The team might re-sign both, might re-sign one, or package one for a deal at draft or earlier).
Robins with a diverse skill set?

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

I hope sharks cash out on Reimer this year. Leafs and Oilers should both be looking for a goalie desperately

Reactions: Sandisfan

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I hope sharks cash out on Reimer this year. Leafs and Oilers should both be looking for a goalie desperately
With our apparent push for the playoffs this year and next, I don't see Reimer going anywhere. I could see Hill getting waived if his injury issues persist long term. Maybe we see a Reimer/Sawchenko tandem next year. Makes Melnichuk excellent trade bait. Going into 2023/24 I could see Gaudreau getting a fair amount of opportunity.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
With our apparent push for the playoffs this year and next, I don't see Reimer going anywhere. I could see Hill getting waived if his injury issues persist long term. Maybe we see a Reimer/Sawchenko tandem next year. Makes Melnichuk excellent trade bait. Going into 2023/24 I could see Gaudreau getting a fair amount of opportunity.

I doubt that considering the second round pick that was spent on him. DW and Co. are going to seriously be hoping that he has a big turnaround in his second year, because that pick is looking like the big mistake, much moreso than the fourth for Pederson. It felt high at the time and feels even worse now.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Who would give up assets for Melnichuk? Feels a lot more likely to me he's non-qualified by us at the end of the season.

He's statistically the worst goalie in the AHL at the moment.

Yea, I know he's on a bad team but he is a big contributor to why they are bad.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I feel like Melnichuk will be a case where the Sharks let him go, he gets picked up by the Islanders, gets coached by Korn, plays in a Trotz system, and becomes a statistical top 15 goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad