Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Megathread XXI: "New, improved, and wayyyy too much info" Edition

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
i feel like there's a question for NHL rights retention. CHL guys have to be signed within 2 years. NCAA and euro guys are essentially 4 years. easy solution would be to convert it straight to the NCAA rules but we've seen euro guys who move to the CHL don't follow the CHL structure. so that seems to be a little bit of roadbump.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
i feel like there's a question for NHL rights retention. CHL guys have to be signed within 2 years. NCAA and euro guys are essentially 4 years. easy solution would be to convert it straight to the NCAA rules but we've seen euro guys who move to the CHL don't follow the CHL structure. so that seems to be a little bit of roadbump.
The rights usually reflect where they played when drafted. It also is when they are no longer eligible to play on their current junior/NCAA team. So if they transfer then I would think the team would hold their draft rights.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Just watched the most insane Sam Dickinson game. He has so many positive traits and yet he decided this game specifically he was on a mission to either launch every puck at the net no matter the situation or try some insane dangle that he just does not have the hands to execute. My hope is that he was just trying to do too much because Cowan/Barkey/Bonk aren't back yet, but sheesh buddy. I had just read an interview where he said that taking care of his own zone and shutting down plays was the most important thing and all out-offense wasn't "who he is as a player" or something of that nature.

To be fair to him the whole game was super chaotic and he was playing just a metric ton of minutes (including almost 90% of every PP and PK), so I'm not going to take too much from it, but man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad