Sharks News/Notes XVII

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I can live with the Sharks being elsewhere in the Bay Area, MAYBE somewhere else in NorCal, but I'm definitely out if they move beyond that.

I'm glad Becher made this statement. This whole moving to annual renewals of the lease of SAP did have my brain thinking negative thoughts.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I can live with the Sharks being elsewhere in the Bay Area, MAYBE somewhere else in NorCal, but I'm definitely out if they move beyond that.

I'm glad Becher made this statement. This whole moving to annual renewals of the lease of SAP did have my brain thinking negative thoughts.
There is a lot of available land near Sharks Ice. Maybe a new arena that uses the fairgrounds land or parking.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Do you know how many contracts this puts us at (assuming Celebrini and Smith are the only slide-eligibles to make the team)?

Late reply to this and having to do it with a bit of back-of-the-napkin math off of Puckpedia to sort it out, so there's every chance I'm wrong somewhere along the way.

Forwards:
26 signed contracts in total but 4 probable slide candidates (Chernyshov, Edstrom, Halttunen, and Musty. Celebrini and Smith could but probably won't). That means there's 22 contracts to count against the limit

D-men:
17 signed contracts with 1 slide candidate (Dickinson). So 16 on the books.

Goalies: 4, none of which can slide.

That means that they're at 42 contracts against the 50-contract limit with an additional 5 sliding contracts exempt.

Additionally they have 11 F, 9 D, and 2 G that are unsigned but have their draft rights held, or 22 such players in total. Add that to the 47 contracts noted above (42 on the main list plus the 5 sliders) That would put them at 69/80 reserve list spots filled.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
In the Spittin' Chiclets episode today with Teemu Selanne, he mentions that he was offer sheet'd by Calgary and that forced his contract with WPG. But he mentions that San Jose was also interested in him too.

Was this known? Crazy to think what could have been if they signed him and had drafted better....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad