Confirmed with Link: Sharks claim Goodrow from NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
All the teams in the northeast have travel set Easy difficulty

Midwest teams have it set to Normal

The other west coast teams have it set to Hard

Sharks have it set to Extreme Realism

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
I’m not against Goodrow. He may be useful for our prospects.
And I think he is angry at Rangers because they asked him about trade and he said No.
IMO, he will not blame Sharks for that.

But I’m absolutely sure against helping other teams to get rid of their bad contracts for free. Arizona earned many draft picks getting bad contracts. Why do we do the same things for free? Of course, we have much cap space but it doesn’t mean we should help other teams to clean their caphit. Drury made mistake giving this stupid contract to Goodrow - and he gotta pay to fix it.

If we will get an asset for that - it will be nice trade.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Yes, we should. San Jose has always been an undesirable location. However, players at the level of Goodrow are routinely and regularly available on the trade and free agent markets. There are numerous veterans that fill a bottom six role that remain unsigned for most of July. We signed Sturm as a Cup-winning veteran under similar circumstances. Guys will come at that level if we pay them enough and there are only so many NHL spots.
We signed Sturm on day 1 of UFA as a 27 year old after he was scratched for 7/20 Avs playoff games. In 2 years, Sturm has played more games for the Sharks than he did in his career before signing this contract. Let’s not pretend that’s remotely similar to anything you’re talking about.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
We signed Sturm on day 1 of UFA as a 27 year old after he was scratched for 7/20 Avs playoff games. In 2 years, Sturm has played more games for the Sharks than he did in his career before signing this contract. Let’s not pretend that’s remotely similar to anything you’re talking about.
Yes, Sturm was a #12-13 forward (still is, frankly). His stature was a lot closer to Kyle Burroughs.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Yes, Sturm was a #12-13 forward (still is, frankly). His stature was a lot closer to Kyle Burroughs.
he might be into a regular role now due to his size and his point output of last year, but agree he’s much closer to 13F than how he was described in the post I quoted. We signed him because we could give him term, money, and playing time (all 3) and I don’t think anyone else was willing or able to do so. Very good piece for us right now to help lead, but at the time he was kind of searching for a role and fit in this league himself.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Cas

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm talking about Barclay Goodrow. I'm not going to pretend Goodrow is on some different level to Nico Sturm. They both are limited contributors to their teams and largely suck. They have a regular availability to even the Sharks in the free agent and trade market. They are similar enough. There's no reason to act desperate over this level of player is the point.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
ok i know i'm an asshole, but am aita for thinking a pro athlete should be able to process being traded (close enough imo) to a team they didn't want to play for within like... 24 hours

ex: if you worked at Amazon but heard you were on the chopping block to get laid off... but right before you're cut, your mgr who is friends with a mgr at Chewy worked it out so you go work there for identical position and pay... would you really need a week to acknowledge that this isn't the worst thing in the world?

Reactions: Cas

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
ok i know i'm an asshole, but am aita for thinking a pro athlete should be able to process being traded (close enough imo) to a team they didn't want to play for within like... 24 hours

ex: if you worked at Amazon but heard you were on the chopping block to get laid off... but right before you're cut, your mgr who is friends with a mgr at Chewy worked it out so you go work there for identical position and pay... would you really need a week to acknowledge that this isn't the worst thing in the world?
Only big difference is moving across the country in that scenario but when you make $3m a year it sorta balances out I'd imagine...but yeah

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007

I mean, a lot of these guys stopped growing up as soon as they made it to the league, so it's more like "imagine a teenager getting paid $3M to prove that he's better than other people every day. Sometimes he proves it and sometimes he doesn't but his entire life is dedicated to proving he's better than others." and then play your analogy out, "He gets sent to a workplace where he will almost certainly not prove that he is better than anyone most of the time, in fact he will look bad most of the time." could take longer than 24 hours!

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
What happens if he doesn’t report to the sharks?
If GMMG not carefully planned, it might sets very bad precedent for the organization and the young sharks players might imitate Goodrow "no show" as way pressuring the Sharks brass for a trade. Hope Goodrow shows up and plays as a professional as he is known to be.

Last edited:

Patty Ice

Mighty Luca
Feb 27, 2002
Not California

Those Chewy dog food/cat litter boxes are heavy f***ers though.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
If GMMG not carefully planned, it might sets very bad precedent for the organization and the young sharks players might imitate Goodrow "no show" as way pressuring the Sharks brass for a trade. Hope Goodrow shows up and plays as a professional as he is known to be.
I dont think he can pressure us for a trade because its well known hes not a tradeable contract.

He plays for us or he terminates and signs a new deal

Reactions: Sandisfan

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
There's no precedent because the player has no leverage on this situation. If Goodrow were to refuse to report, the team can just suspend him without pay. They don't have to trade him and he can't unilaterally terminate his contract. The only leverage he has is to sit out the remainder of the deal. Any of the young guys who do that risk never playing in the league again, and you'd have to be pretty damn sure you're worth it to put millions of dollars of potential earnings on the line like that.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad