Confirmed with Link: Sharks claim Goodrow from NYR

Le Grand Quebecois

Jun 6, 2015
Oakland, CA
I'm undecided about the trade. I would like to hope that Goodrow is a solid PK piece to take those minutes off of Couture's plate. If the likes of Goodrow, Dellandrea, Sturm, possibly Kunin, can manage that side of special teams it could go a fair ways to insulating the young centers and a rehabbing Cooch.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I'm undecided about the trade. I would like to hope that Goodrow is a solid PK piece to take those minutes off of Couture's plate. If the likes of Goodrow, Dellandrea, Sturm, possibly Kunin, can manage that side of special teams it could go a fair ways to insulating the young centers and a rehabbing Cooch.
Our PK forward group probably now looks like Granlund, Sturm, Goodrow, and Dellandrea, with some minutes for Zetterlund, Eklund, Kunin, and Celebrini.

Kunin is really bad on the PK (of course Granlund isn't that good there either), so maybe this represents an improvement overall.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
In b4 third shitstorm where we find out the handshake deal was only sharks are claiming Goodrow for free.

Heads will definitely roll here if it came out that this all came about because the Sharks wanted to trade for Goodrow (i.e., simply a low draft pick in exchange for Goodrow), but Goodrow's NTC was in the way, so Drury, in wanting to shed cap space anyways, said you can have him for free via waivers, and you'll definitely get him since you have #1 waiver priority.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
If there is a follow up deal with NY now, the league will definitely research and potentially have consequences for at least the NY Rangers

Reactions: WSS11

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Heads will definitely roll here if it came out that this all came about because the Sharks wanted to trade for Goodrow (i.e., simply a low draft pick in exchange for Goodrow), but Goodrow's NTC was in the way, so Drury, in wanting to shed cap space anyways, said you can have him for free via waivers, and you'll definitely get him since you have #1 waiver priority.
It is better he is mad at the NYR than the Sharks.

He really has no option other than play with the Sharks. He can demand a trade which he has no value. The Sharks could even waive him and he only gets claimed by maybe Chicago or another bad team.

If there is a follow up deal with NY now, the league will definitely research and potentially have consequences for at least the NY Rangers
I know you can trade for future considerations what about trading for “past considerations” ?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Friedman and Marek were talking about this on the 32 Thoughts Podcast today. I'm surprised it happened that quickly. Initially I was happy to see Goodrow back, but now I have mixed feelings. If it leads to something more, so be it. I know it's not a lot on the contract, but this almost seems unnecessary.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Maybe we could work out a trade with Tampa in exchange for that Sheary contract I’m sure they’re looking to dump and a draft pick?

Somehow Sheary has a 16 team NTC too so never mind. Unless they also put him on waivers lol

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I would love for Grier to be so ruthless to use this loophole to ignore multiple NTC’s.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Maybe we could work out a trade with Tampa in exchange for that Sheary contract I’m sure they’re looking to dump and a draft pick?

Somehow Sheary has a 16 team NTC too so never mind. Unless they also put him on waivers lol
We just gonn keep the circle goin? SJ-TB-NY-SJ-TB...???

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
If GMMG did this on the assumption that he could change goodrow's mind, that is a pretty high risk-low reward move imo

I could see JW doing this as an interim GM but GMMG... Cmon man

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
I read in the trade thread that TSN had an article saying that San Jose and New York may have a draft day trade to complete this deal. I haven’t seen it but thought it would be worthwhile to bring up.

I just wonder if this was referenced because someone actually has some insight or just because they can't believe we made this deal without such a trade being in the works....

I'll be a bit disappointed in GMMG (although not awfully) if there isn't actually more to this acquisition!

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
No one is being investigated

Two teams tried to make a trade, the player exercised his trade protection

As a result he was instead waived and got claimed, for which he had no protection

No rules were broken, people are getting paranoid over nothing

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I find it odd that some are worried about this. Waiver claims don’t need prior approval of the player.
Just because a reporter says he’s unhappy is easily misconstrued. Until I see something concrete that Barclay doesn’t want to be here, I’m not getting bunched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad