Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Yaroslav Askarov (w/extension, 2yr @ $2m per), F Nolan Burke 2025 3rd for Edstrom, VGK 1st, and G Chrona

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
If Askarov turns out to be as good as Miller this trade is a grand slam.
A borderline HoF goaltender with near 400 wins and a career .915 save percentage? Pfft... I guess. The naysayers will say, "yeah, but he was a 5th round pick!"

Reactions: Baysick

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
I'm no goalie expert but I kinda feel like Ryan Miller might actually be a pretty good comparable for Askarov stylistically, for what it's worth.
That’d be great but Miller and Price are probably 2 of the greatest technically sound goalies to ever play the game. Askarov penchant for adventures kind of DQ’s him from that I think the MAF comparisons are more comparable and that’s not a terrible thing

Grinner

May 31, 2022
As long as they lose I'm happy

In all honesty I want them to give us the #1 pick, so I'm actually on your side, I just think the only pick close to as funny to surrender is #31
I'm never happy when the Sharks lose.
I am however. More tolerant when they lose.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Seriously. The character assassination attempts are just pathetic, but I know Preds fans will eat it up.
Can we start calling him Fidel?

For not being very specific AI picked up on it kinda:

1724853519682.png

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007

Its from a year ago but still decent look into the Teemu version of Johnathan Quick 😂

This was a really helpful breakdown if a bit overly casual. First NHL game so he was super jittery.

Very aggressive style, definitely needs to work on rebound control and picking his spots, "calming down" a bit. Honestly he was a bit lucky not to give up 2-3 more, but he did steal two. Preds were leaving him out to dry. Was a bit too reliant on his athleticism. Jonathan Quick came to mind for me too and some folks in comments agree with that + Fleury... super athletic, a bit all over the place, will have very low lows but hopefully also the same highs. Gonna be a gamble of a career.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
This was a really helpful breakdown if a bit overly casual. First NHL game so he was super jittery.

Very aggressive style, definitely needs to work on rebound control and picking his spots, "calming down" a bit. Honestly he was a bit lucky not to give up 2-3 more, but he did steal two. Preds were leaving him out to dry. Was a bit too reliant on his athleticism. Jonathan Quick came to mind for me too and some folks in comments agree with that + Fleury... super athletic, a bit all over the place, will have very low lows but hopefully also the same highs. Gonna be a gamble of a career.
Speers did great with Blackwood and Tanko no reason to think he can’t get his fundamentals cleaned up. I agree this is a gamble, I’d like to see a more recent breakdown of his play because a lot can change in a year, Askarov has no time under Mitch Korn, which could be a blessing in disguise because it’s a clean slate for Speers to work with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad