Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire pick 11 for 14+42

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
So from my perspective, being at 11 guarantees us one of (knowing that Levshunov, Lindstrom, Demidov, and Silayev are almost guaranteed to be gone):

Buium
Parekh
Dickinson
Yakemchuk
Sennecke
Iginla

That’s a range I 100% want to be in. I almost wonder if Iginla is the target.
This is the mentality I really really hope they have. If this is about guaranteeing Eiserman, really f***ing not happy with that.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
All of the mock drafters that usually start to get an idea by now where teams are leaning are predicting Eiserman to SJ.

"If Cole Eiserman is available, he's not getting by San Jose." That sentence, or some form of it, has been uttered to me no less than 10 times since the draft combine. In this instance, he's not available. Good thing, too, because San Jose has a massive discrepancy in prospect quality at forward and defense." ESPN

"But as one scout told me recently: “My circles say if Eiserman is there at 14, San Jose won’t pass on him.” Taking Eiserman would continue to leave a huge hole in the Sharks’ pool on the back end relative to at forward, but I think the gap between Eiserman and the field of D here is strong enough that if the Sharks feel the same, I don’t mind it at all. Eiserman’s close friendship with Celebrini (they’re like family) doesn’t hurt either. Would be a great story." Scott Wheeler
Those still read as speculation to me, informed speculation, but it's using very couched language

It could mean they're just trying to protect their sources, but it could also mean that this is coming from scouts outside the Sharks circle rather than inside, I prefer to be optimistic and think they're targeting defense

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Those still read as speculation to me, informed speculation, but it's using very couched language

It could mean they're just trying to protect their sources, but it could also mean that this is coming from scouts outside the Sharks circle rather than inside, I prefer to be optimistic and think they're targeting defense
I also think (desperately hope) that all the Eiserman smoke was predicated on pick 14. As opposed to pick 11 which is a very different situation.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
All of the mock drafters that usually start to get an idea by now where teams are leaning are predicting Eiserman to SJ.

"If Cole Eiserman is available, he's not getting by San Jose." That sentence, or some form of it, has been uttered to me no less than 10 times since the draft combine. In this instance, he's not available. Good thing, too, because San Jose has a massive discrepancy in prospect quality at forward and defense." ESPN

"But as one scout told me recently: “My circles say if Eiserman is there at 14, San Jose won’t pass on him.” Taking Eiserman would continue to leave a huge hole in the Sharks’ pool on the back end relative to at forward, but I think the gap between Eiserman and the field of D here is strong enough that if the Sharks feel the same, I don’t mind it at all. Eiserman’s close friendship with Celebrini (they’re like family) doesn’t hurt either. Would be a great story." Scott Wheeler
And the guy who Sheng talked to said "His jaw would be on the floor" if the Sharks took Eiserman. You can find anything if you look for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "smoke" was just that Celebrini endorsed Eiserman in his interviews, so people assume it is what will happen.

I do agree the Flyers thing is somewhat concerning.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So from my perspective, being at 11 guarantees us one of (knowing that Levshunov, Lindstrom, Demidov, and Silayev are almost guaranteed to be gone):

Buium
Parekh
Dickinson
Yakemchuk
Sennecke
Iginla

That’s a range I 100% want to be in. I almost wonder if Iginla is the target.
Exactly my feeling too. I really like this move.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007

This is why this trade up makes me believe Eiserman is the target even more than I did with just the quotes from insiders/writers. Philly really wanted him and Grier is getting in front of them in line.

Not saying that I agree with it, but just putting the puzzle pieces together.
I agree with you that there is a lot of smoke on Eiserman and Sharks, but I think it's equally likely that the move up was to guarantee him OR to guarantee Iginla OR one of the top D.

I don't think it's a guarantee that they moved up to get Eiserman but I agree it's a possibility. I just hope to hell it's not true.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Not going to get to worked up over if it's Eiserman or not. We are a little over a day away from finding out!

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
And the guy who Sheng talked to said "His jaw would be on the floor" if the Sharks took Eiserman. You can find anything if you look for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "smoke" was just that Celebrini endorsed Eiserman in his interviews, so people assume it is what will happen.

I do agree the Flyers thing is somewhat concerning.
National writers have very little to no need/reason to pull something like that out of their butt and report on it. It's not my preferred pick (nor is Yakemchuk), but I can see why it might be a fit and why this trade up might reinforce that being the pick.

Would be thrilled if that pick turned into Iginla, but I am skeptical that he makes it past Calgary/NJD.

Reactions: landshark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad