Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire F Ty Dellandrea from Dallas Stars for 2025 4th pick (WPG)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I also feel like I remember Dellandrea doing some community service when he was playing in Flint way back when. Seems like a character guy.

Doug Wilson used to talk about character with guys a lot and look how that worked out. Maybe we need to go in the other direction and acquire a team full of selfish assholes.

If nothing else imagine when programs are printed and they have those little "fast facts" things in the player bios.

"Kicks puppies"

"Talks in the theater"

"Always takes a penny, never leaves one."

"Goes into gyms and eats a pint of cookie dough ice cream in front of the people on the treadmills"

"Once played 'got your nose' with a baby and didn't give the nose back at the end."

"Was a Ducks fan growing up."

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
This seems to have similarities to the Lane Pederson acquisition. I'm not really for or against these sorts of trades where you're moving a 3rd rounder or later for a shot at a more now fringe player since those picks don't have great odds of being anything anyway. I hope it works out for the Sharks better than that one and I also had Dellandrea as an asset in return for Burns proposals back then too. I think it's a solid risk to take.
would say it's more like Kostin considering age, games played, points, fancy stats, etc.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Doug Wilson used to talk about character with guys a lot and look how that worked out. Maybe we need to go in the other direction and acquire a team full of selfish assholes.

If nothing else imagine when programs are printed and they have those little "fast facts" things in the player bios.

"Kicks puppies"

"Talks in the theater"

"Always takes a penny, never leaves one."

"Goes into gyms and eats a pint of cookie dough ice cream in front of the people on the treadmills"

"Once played 'got your nose' with a baby and didn't give the nose back at the end."

"Was a Ducks fan growing up."
Some people think I'm trolling when I've joked about it in the past, but I've wanted to see a full blown Sharks heel turn for years... It would be by far the most satisfying way to see the sharks win the cup

Not leaning into it after #handpass was a serious missed opportunity

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
You understand you still need to learn how to be a pro right? This team is already going to be so young, this off-season will be full of older guys being acquired.

Whether it be workouts, getting through long road trips (not seeing family/friends), going through the ups and downs, dealing with the media, etc. Veterans provide so much more than scoring a few points.
This has been the justification for many bad moves and yet it remains repeated. The key is that you need to also allow young players to thrive and see how to actually play, not just get out on the ice. This is why we see good teams getting rid of guys like Goodrow despite having young players.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
you teach young players how to be a pro with a good support system. The right coaches, staff, facilities and expectations.

A scrub 4th liner isnt going to do that just because he tries hard. Especially not when the "kids" can run them around on the ice.

Reactions: spintops and Cas

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I really like this move. Still really young. 1st rd talent who will now have more opportunity and maybe some freedom to spread his wings a bit more. If it works out, it works out, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t. It’s kinda cool how we’re buying low on all these former 1st rd picks and hoping they blossom.

rideaucrusher21

Aug 8, 2008
CA
you teach young players how to be a pro with a good support system. The right coaches, staff, facilities and expectations.

A scrub 4th liner isnt going to do that just because he tries hard. Especially not when the "kids" can run them around on the ice.
Why not both? Obviously the support system you mentioned is important for young players’ developments, but having professional-level peers is important too. A “scrub” 4th player is still a legitimate NHLer. Much better than having guys that are career AHLers that haven’t figured out how to stick in the NHL.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Why not both? Obviously the support system you mentioned is important for young players’ developments, but having professional-level peers is important too. A “scrub” 4th player is still a legitimate NHLer. Much better than having guys that are career AHLers that haven’t figured out how to stick in the NHL.
and this “scrub” 4 th liner is worlds better on this team than Hoffman ever was.

• Wow
Reactions: landshark

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
You do want both, it's important they get it at the top of the lineup. I like this move, the Goodrow move makes no sense.

Reactions: themelkman

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I watched a lot of Dallas games and there were spurts when he seemed productive. Then I saw the various charts posted here and was surprised how bad he was. I think with a new team and more playing time, he can reach some of that potential. I like the trade from that aspect, and it's a nice depth move.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
can he punch faces?

I'm glad the Sharks chose him over Cam f***ing Atkinson though. Much better choice here.

Last edited:

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I'm glad the Sharks chose him over Cam f***ing Atkinson though. Much better choice here.

You say that, but Atkinson does NOT have an NMC, just a modified no trade. Atkinson can be waived too, and the Sharks could claim him in such a scenario.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad