Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire F Ty Dellandrea from Dallas Stars for 2025 4th pick (WPG)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I like it. Dellandrea hasn’t been great in DAL but also hasn’t had a ton of opportunity. Probably isn’t much more than a 3-4C but I’d also supposed to be great in the room. Adds some more two way ability to our team too.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
... another Kunin, but younger and with more draft pedigree? Kind of continues the prospect reclamation project trend (entire Meier trade, Zadina, Kostin, Emberson, Addison...) of which Grier seems to have hit on like 50%. I would consider Mukh, Zetterlund, Kostin, Emberson as wins and the rest as losses.

edit: wow, did not know Kunin went 15OA in 2016.

• Wow
Reactions: Star Platinum

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Love it. Wanted Dellandrea on the Sharks going back to last year's playoffs. He's going to have a great opportunity to be a 3C.

Reactions: DG93 and CHIshark

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Love it. Wanted Dellandrea on the Sharks going back to last year's playoffs. He's going to have a great opportunity to be a 3C.
Had him pegged in almost all of my Burns to Dallas deals back in 2022 when PDB got hired there and rumors of Burns wanting out surfaced. Ironically, both he and Studnicka were guys I liked as potential trade prospects for years before eventually getting acquired by SJ.

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
... another Kunin, but younger and with more draft pedigree? Kind of continues the prospect reclamation project trend (entire Meier trade, Zadina, Kostin, Emberson, Addison...) of which Grier seems to have hit on like 50%. I would consider Mukh, Zetterlund, Kostin, Emberson as wins and the rest as losses.
It makes me think they don't really have many great hockey guys on the (scouting?)staff. I don't understand the insistence on throwing picks in your possession away on players that other teams have wasted their picks on thinking it's just the situation that's made them disappointing. No reason otherwise. Most of these aren't terrible they're just pointless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baysick

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Had him pegged in almost all of my Burns to Dallas deals back in 2022 when PDB got hired there and rumors of Burns wanting out surfaced. Ironically, both he and Studnicka were guys I liked as potential trade prospects for years before eventually getting acquired by SJ.
I think he's just been a victim of Dallas adding guys like Duchene, Dadonov and Marchment to push him down the depth chart.

Absolute worst case, he's a young 4C who can play up in a pinch. But there might be more there.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
It makes me think they don't really have many great hockey guys on the (scouting?)staff. I don't understand the insistence on throwing picks in your possession away on players that other teams have wasted their picks on thinking it's just the situation that's made them disappointing. No reason otherwise. Most of these aren't bad they're just pointless.
Because half the time, it probably was the situation that made them disappointing? Emberson got waived and was our best D by advanced stats, just a victim of a stacked group. Kostin wasn't getting a chance, now he is and honestly he looked promising. Zetterlund, Granlund (not exactly a prospect...) and Mukh all look like good gets. Whats-his-name from TBL, jury still out.

Yes, it turns out, he's not batting 1.000 because Addison looked really helpful before losing all that, Zadina seemed to struggle, and the other no name prospects in various transactions haven't done much. But overall I don't see the problem, in fact some benefit so far from the strategy.

Reactions: Gecklund

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
He's coming off a 9 point season so I can't imagine it will be a difficult negotiation.
You'd sure hope so, but I'm scarred from the Sharks history of overpaying depth players, I won't be too optimistic, but hoping for a good deal

I really like the player, though, definitely penciling him in at 3C for now

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I think he's just been a victim of Dallas adding guys like Duchene, Dadonov and Marchment to push him down the depth chart.

Absolute worst case, he's a young 4C who can play up in a pinch. But there might be more there.
Yes. Good upside move and assuredly more upside and production than a 2025 4th rounder is going to yield 99/100 times. He can play NHL hockey and put up 28 points in a 4th line usage role as a rookie. Good gamble.

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
Because half the time, it probably was the situation that made them disappointing? Emberson got waived and was our best D by advanced stats, just a victim of a stacked group. Kostin wasn't getting a chance, now he is and honestly he looked promising. Zetterlund, Granlund (not exactly a prospect...) and Mukh all look like good gets. Whats-his-name from TBL, jury still out.

Yes, it turns out, he's not batting 1.000 because Addison looked really helpful before losing all that, Zadina seemed to struggle, and the other no name prospects in various transactions haven't done much. But overall I don't see the problem, in fact some benefit so far from the strategy.
The good ones you named were all acquired via bigger deals/waivers and basically for nothing. I have no problem with that. I'm talking about the Kunin/Addison's that were horrible from the start and costs 3's and 4's. Much rather draft players and have fun following their potential development then spending the picks on known cans.

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
157963.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad