Post-Game Talk: Sharks 7, Oilers 4

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Wow that was the most depressing 1st goal celebration I've ever seen.

Was Rattie the only one that went up to his after the goal?
That wasn't the goal apparently.. they counted it as McDavids goal which means puck never crossed the line for Rattie.. McD shooting it in during confusion was the goal

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I've missed the last couple games due to family events (looks like no regrets). How has Jones looked?
People here will all rave .. but the guy was -3 before his goal and stood around while Talbot was getting lit up.
Benning-Jones was still our best pairing. Gravel probably the best Dman.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not true. He's amazing at getting into the play. But Nurse is too. Nurse is just forced to do too much. He's being Schultz'd, but he's better at to than Schultz ever was.
I love Jones and expect him to be a regular on the roster next season. He'll probably stay up through this season as well. However I firmly believe Nurse is better. He's playing a different game than his best way of playing. Trying to do what Klefbom does is hard. Especially when your game is grittier. Nurse seems afraid to do anything too mean. He knows how important it is that he is on the ice as much as possible with these injuries.

Some players are just naturally better at hockey. It’s why a guy like Tkachuk is so much better at the game than JP despite JP being far superior athletically.

Jones is actually the better skater and he has more innate hockey ability than Nurse.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
People here will all rave .. but the guy was -3 before his goal and stood around while Talbot was getting lit up.
Benning-Jones was still our best pairing. Gravel probably the best Dman.

Gravel is much better than advertised. I want him and Sekera as a bottom pairing next season.
Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Russell
Gravel Sekera
Without any trades, this is what we have.

I think you take the gamble and move Sekera out. Even if he does step in and play his best after those injuries, you need cap room and a spot for Jones next season.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Vegas is now 9 points up for 3rd in the division.

Only hope I can see is a wildcard spot and those hopes are diminishing fast despite being two points away.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Gravel is much better than advertised. I want him and Sekera as a bottom pairing next season.
Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Russell
Gravel Sekera
Without any trades, this is what we have.

I think you take the gamble and move Sekera out. Even if he does step in and play his best after those injuries, you need cap room and a spot for Jones next season.
Factoring in NMC and Bouchard, I think Nurse will be moved to make room for Jones

Reactions: DerpMorg

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Some players are just naturally better at hockey. It’s why a guy like Tkachuk is so much better at the game than JP despite JP being far superior athletically.

Jones is actually the better skater and he has more innate hockey ability than Nurse.

Very true on Tkachuk. Boy that's frustrating.
I think Jones has "it" but he is untapped. I think Nurse is better at Nurse's game than Jones is at Jones' game right now. At this level.
Do I make sense? Nurse is closer to his peak and knows his role when the team is healthy.

Jones is about to be Sekera but more mobile and a more accurate shot. But he isn't there yet. Like prime Sekera not Oilers Sekera.

This feels like rambling, so I am gonna shut up and concede you're probably better at analysing Dmen than I am.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad