Post-Game Talk: Sharks 7, Oilers 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Very true on Tkachuk. Boy that's frustrating.
I think Jones has "it" but he is untapped. I think Nurse is better at Nurse's game than Jones is at Jones' game right now. At this level.
Do I make sense? Nurse is closer to his peak and knows his role when the team is healthy.

Jones is about to be Sekera but more mobile and a more accurate shot. But he isn't there yet.

This feels like rambling, so I am gonna shut up and concede you're probably better at analysing Dmen than I am.

I think you hit it perfectly with Jones having “it.” Some players just get how to play the game and you can tell they have the ability very early on (Brayden Point is a good example). Others are more gifted genetically in terms of height or speed but can never really put it together because they can’t process the game at the NHL level.

I’m flattered, but we are all just (very opinionated) fans here lol

Reactions: Pointteen

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I think you hit it perfectly with Jones having “it.” Some players just get how to play the game and you can tell they have the ability very early on (Brayden Point is a good example). Others are more gifted genetically in terms of height or speed but can never really put it together because they can’t process the game at the NHL level.

I’m flattered, but we are all just (very opinionated) fans here lol

Point was such a secret last season in my pool. Not anymore.

Nah I will admit I suck at analysing D in their own zone and them starting the rush. Goalies I really only notice rebound control, puck handling. Talbot taught me to watch how they play high shots.

Reactions: Cloned

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Sure. I guess it's a coincidence that Larsson has been a tire fire since Klefbom got hurt?

The guy is trash.

Larsson is good at hockey. Great at shutting down. He's just a chemistry culprit. He needs a partner he clicks with. I doubt we have anyone he can do that with right now. I would love to see a prime Sekera partnered with him.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Or he can't make up for Nurse being absolutely dog **** defensively? Larsson hasn't been very good, but Nurse has been an absolute tire fire.
They both suck.
Larsson is good at hockey. Great at shutting down. He's just a chemistry culprit. He needs a partner he clicks with. I doubt we have anyone he can do that with right now. I would love to see a prime Sekera partnered with him.
Needs a partner he clicks with AKA someone who can carry him. Klefbom is a stud and Larsson is a borderline second pairing dman.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Couts > Nurse defensively. I would do it. JP is a risk but idk if he will pan out here. Likely to leave and score 40 goals a year for a decade on another team.

JP won't score 40 on any team. 35 at his peak, sure.
I do that. I wanted Couts in that draft. But he wouldn't be the player he is now in Edmonton. Voracek and Nuge would be dynamite together. Let's expand this trade.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
They both suck.

Needs a partner he clicks with AKA someone who can carry him. Klefbom is a stud and Larsson is a borderline second pairing dman.

How quickly you forget how there were quite a few Oilers fans ready to ship Klefbom out because it looked like Larsson was the key to that pairing.

They're both the key. That's why they are able to play against top forwards. Individually, not so much. Together, they can shut down a team with proper backchecking forwards.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Or he can't make up for Nurse being absolutely dog **** defensively? Larsson hasn't been very good, but Nurse has been an absolute tire fire.
???

He has been awful and has lagged down anyone paired with him.
It's easy to deflect blame to the other person, ...I get it, we paid a premium to get him, but he is a lemon.
stop blaming others for his deiciencies.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
How quickly you forget how there were quite a few Oilers fans ready to ship Klefbom out because it looked like Larsson was the key to that pairing.

They're both the key. That's why they are able to play against top forwards. Individually, not so much. Together, they can shut down a team with proper backchecking forwards.

His spreadsheets don't tell him stuff like that.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Wild goat looking motherf***er Couture with some more points against us (2 goals). Nice

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Winnipeg has lost 2 in a row at home.. and they've only scored 3 goals total in their last 3 games... this Oilers game coming up is a great slump buster for their offense.

Remember how Chia fired TM after a bad loss on a weekend and on the same day as the next game? Might see the same on Monday with Nicholson firing Chia.

Poetic symmetry, I guess.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Nurse a -9 in the last 3 games.

"Top pairing defender"
"5+ mill is a steal"

He isn't a top pairing D yet. He could be, if he was insulated correctly and allowed to grow. But the injuries to this D are out of control.
Every player is two spots up the depth chart except for Larsson. How anyone can be hard on any of these D is beyond me. Unless they do something outrageously stupid, they aren't qualified to play the minutes, PK, PP or competition they are up against.
Except for Larsson, who has to deal with Nurse who is very clearly not a top pairing D at this point. That's not an insult. Not many can play those top pairing minutes at his age.

Reactions: TB12 and PGW

Boom not bust

Nov 17, 2018
Edmonton
they were straight up shit that game. Probably the worst of the year. Got lucky on offense to score 4. Terrible zone coverage, transition game, 'top pair' completely exposed.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He isn't a top pairing D yet. He could be, if he was insulated correctly. But the injuries to this D are out of control.
Every player is two spots up the depth chart except for Larsson. How anyone can be hard on any of these D is beyond me. Unless they do something outrageously stupid, they aren't qualified to play the minutes, PK, PP or competition they are up against.
Except for Larsson, who has to deal with Nurse who is very clearly not a top pairing D at this point. That's not an insult. Not many can play those top pairing minutes at his age.
Nurse isn't a top 4 defender at this point. I showed it earlier .This year before the bump to the top, he was defensively our worst regular defender by a good margin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad