Post-Game Talk: Sharks 3 @ Canucks 1: Schedule the eulogy for one week from now.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
IMO the reason Chaput is on the Sedins line is to help them defensively.

The Sedins are now defensive liabilities.

Chaput is pretty decent defensively, covers a lot of ice and his grit compliments the Sedins.

It basically means the Sedins are done.

IMO, you put goldobin or boucher with the twins, and that line will get dominated defensively.

Then you play them less, and you give those other lines some of those minutes.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015

Play them less and they get matched up against third or fourth lines.

You want to have Haley pound the **** out of them today?

Maybe That is your goal. But I can't see them liking that idea.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
IMO the reason Chaput is on the Sedins line is to help them defensively.

The Sedins are now defensive liabilities.

Chaput is pretty decent defensively, covers a lot of ice and his grit compliments the Sedins.

It basically means the Sedins are done.

IMO, you put goldobin or boucher with the twins, and that line will get dominated defensively.

Lol....you've got five games left in a disastrous season, where the team is on pace to shatter the franchise futility record for goal-scoring, and the reason you leave a plug like Chaput with the Sedins is because they're defensive liabilities?

But I suppose Willie is in form right to the bitter end.....who cares about scoring goals?....he'd rather saddle the most productive players in franchise history with a guy who has exactly one assist since he joined that line....after all, it's more important to keep the goals out than to actually score them.

Can we just fire this guy, please?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Lol....you've got five games left in a disastrous season, where the team is on pace to shatter the franchise futility record for goal-scoring, and the reason you leave a plug like Chaput with the Sedins is because they're defensive liabilities?

But I suppose Willie is in form right to the bitter end.....who cares about scoring goals?....he'd rather saddle the most productive players in franchise history with a guy who has exactly one assist since he joined that line....after all, it's more important to keep the goals out than to actually score them.

But then we might lose 3-1 instead of 2-0. The horror!

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Play them less and they get matched up against third or fourth lines.

You want to have Haley pound the **** out of them today?

Maybe That is your goal. But I can't see them liking that idea.

What are you even talking about?

Why would that be a big concern when the Canucks have last change? Why would the amount of minutes they spend on the ice determine who they are on against? They'd have a higher chance of matching against Haley the more minutes they play, since the Sharks would have more opportunity to sneak him out there against them if that were their goal for some weird reason. Also, as status quo the team isn't trying to get its first line on the ice against other teams' fourth lines? Huh?

You don't think players who play fewer minutes have their matchups monitored by coaches?

What?

Last edited:

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015

he will be fired after this season

i just hope we hire crawford for the next 3-4 years cuz i want to see him gun for the cup when we got our prospects ready to play for it.

also crawford hockey is not boring.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
as long boeser + horvat + goldy + tryamkin has a good game, i dont care. just lose .

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site

So put Goldobin with the twins, and have him play even more in the defensive zone? that's good for his development?

What would be your lines?

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site

Some of that has happened, Horvat's line has played a boatload. IIRC, Boeser played like 19 minutes last game.

The other line is the Sutter line, and the 4th line. How does playing Sutter's line more create offense?

At the end of the day, we have 1 line going - the horvat line.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lol....call it the curse of the 2016-17 version of the Canucks....teams that traded with the Canucks at the deadline have both hit the skids.

Sharks can't win and look toothless and Ottawa now in a four-game funk....and we're not even talking "the mumps" here.:laugh:

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Some of that has happened, Horvat's line has played a boatload. IIRC, Boeser played like 19 minutes last game.

The other line is the Sutter line, and the 4th line. How does playing Sutter's line more create offense?

At the end of the day, we have 1 line going - the horvat line.

The goal shouldn't be creating offence. It should be finding ways to get opportunities for players they've invested in who they want to have playing upper roster roles in the future to get a chance to play those types of situations now, in a rare scenario where they can play NHL minutes with low consequence and use it as a teaching moment. That's basically the only non-pointless use of these last games.

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
Up until now, my answer to whether we should do something big on July 1 was a loud and resounding "no".

I was watching some Boeser clips this am and he mentioned he works out with TJX Oshie in the offseasons.

They must have a good relationship on and off the ice.

What if we were to free up some cap space... Anyone think we make a run at Oshie?

I still say "no", but it's worth discussing. We'd have to dump miller, Eriksson, and perhaps Edler to do it...

Could be an interesting 1-2 punch on that side.

It would make even more sense if we got Hitchcock.

We know that familiarity is important to this management team.

Nope Oshie is shooting 26% at 5v5 this season.

Stupid to offer him a contract after what is no doubt going to be his best season.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Patterson says Megna is in for Goldobin on the 3rd line.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I didn't check, but I assume Goldobin isn't waiver eligible. Why aren't they sending him down to help Utica??? He was papered right after the trade, I thought.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I get that Goldy has been bad but not playing him against his old team is absolutely insane

This is really really frustrating Willie D is probably my most hated to canucks person since Messier

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Putting in Megna at this point in the season over Goldobin, against his old team to boot, is just Willie f***ing with us.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Sharks need a game like this to get back on track. 7-1 Sharks our goal by Boeser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad