Post-Game Talk: Sharks 3 @ Canucks 1: Schedule the eulogy for one week from now.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Wow, not to mention Megna is on an expiring contract. That's bloody insane. This is a player that's basically a week away from not being in the organization.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yes, it was the same thing last year.....when Willie played the heck out of guys like Vey, Bartkowski and Weber down the stretch, when there wasn't a chance in the world any of them would actually be re-signed.

But this year, finally, there's an end in sight for this lineup lunacy.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Like what Mr Canuckle said last game, Willie is clearly checked out of this tea, he knows he's gone and is just auditioning for a NHL job next year.

Fortunately for team tank, Willie is completely incompetent so he forces garbage players to play major minutes.

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
Like what Mr Canuckle said last game, Willie is clearly checked out of this tea, he knows he's gone and is just auditioning for a NHL job next year.

Fortunately for team tank, Willie is completely incompetent so he forces garbage players to play major minutes.

His comments before the LA game openly criticizing management for sending Labate down and not rewarding players who work hard made it pretty obvious he knows he's being fired

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
His comments before the LA game openly criticizing management for sending Labate down and not rewarding players who work hard made it pretty obvious he knows he's being fired

I never heard that wow what was the actual quote??

JA

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/jayson-megna-re-signed/c-288363462
Jayson Megna signed to one-year extension
by Canucks Media Relations @Canucks / Vancouver Canucks
30 minutes ago

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed forward Jayson Megna to a one-year, one-way contract extension that will carry a value of $675,000.

"Jayson is a strong skater who has added depth to our forward group," said General Manager Jim Benning. "We value his character and professionalism and are pleased to re-sign him for another year."

Megna, 27, has registered eight points (4-4-8) in his first season with the Canucks in 2016.17. His 53 games played on the year are a career-high while his four assists tie a career-high set during the 2013.14 season. The 6-1, 195-pound forward appeared in his 100th career NHL game earlier this season on March 5th at Anaheim. He has also appeared in four games with the AHL Utica Comets this season, registering a goal and two assists (1-2-3).

In 107 career NHL games over parts of four seasons split between Vancouver, New York and Pittsburgh, Megna has collected 20 points (10-10-20) along with 28 penalty minutes. In addition, he has skated in two career NHL playoff games.

A native of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Megna was signed by Vancouver as a free agent on July 1, 2016.

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Meh. As long as Benning and co. get turfed in the offseason, I don't mind having Megna around for Utica next year knowing that competent management and coaching won't be playing him as an NHL regular. IIRC he's been a pretty high end AHL guy and it's not uncommon for teams to give out one-way deals to guys like that to bolster their minor league affiliates.

he's not playing in Utica next year bro..

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
I never heard that wow what was the actual quote??

Maybe it was the accumulated stress of another nightmare of a regular season. Maybe it was staring down a lineup sheet and seeing the names of eight players who shouldn’t be in the NHL. Maybe it’s the strain of watching his best players produce the NHL’s 29th-ranked power play.

Or maybe, it really was the decision to send Joe LaBate back to Utica. Given everything that Desjardins had endured this season it’s hard to believe Joe LaBate is the hill he chose to die on but, clearly, something pushed the coach over the edge.

““I really believe what you reward is what you become,†Desjardins said in advance of Friday night’s game with the L.A. Kings. “It was tough. I thought LaBate had a good game (against Anaheim on Tuesday night) and we sent him down. He was one guy who played physical in that game and I think (utility man Alex) Biega was another guy who came to battle.

“I think it’s tough as a group when you don’t reward (LaBate’s effort). It’s like we don’t value that.â€

Just so you know, “tough,†is a term Desjardins frequently employs in contentious situations. If he doesn’t like a referees’ decision he terms it a “tough call.†If he thinks an opposition player has taken liberties with a Canuck that’s a “tough play.â€

So we can infer Desjardins wasn’t thrilled with the decision to send LaBate to the minors, just as he hasn’t been thrilled by his team since mid-January.

http://vancouversun.com/sports/hock...es-candid-willie-calls-out-the-canucks-talent

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I can't believe you'd look at this line-up and want to bring back any forward outside of the young guys. Like we should definitely bring back as much of this awful team as possible. Good work keeping the core together. Tank on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad