GDT: Shark V Oil 6:30

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don't think they meant it that way, just that Hinterland used it as example as to why he's not a good coach. Goodrow could be scratched for any number of reasons, could be slightly banged up or in need of rest but still technically healthy, could be DeBoer wants to play other players to get them ready for the playoffs, or could be some other entirely debatable strategic reason. We don't know those things and as much as I like Goodrow, he's been great this year, he's a 4th liner and we have a plethora of those that need to get into some games. A better question is why hasn't Hansen played in some time, that's one that I'd be far more critical of DeBoer.

And my comment was not particular to LZ’s comment on Goodrow. It was a comment regarding LZ’s mentality towards anyone who dares to question the coach or GM. If someone questions them, expect LZ to pop up to say something along the lines of “well, you don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, so you have no right to judge.”

Shark Fin

May 28, 2008
Redwood City, CA
Watching the Oilers feed they said Burns goes through several skates a season to donate to charity. Thats not good, breaking in new skates is painful.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
And my comment was not particular to LZ’s comment on Goodrow. It was a comment regarding LZ’s mentality towards anyone who dares to question the coach or GM. If someone questions them, expect LZ to pop up to say something along the lines of “well, you don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, so you have no right to judge.”

Ah, so it's the totality of it. So if I say the same thing 100 times, even if I'm right, I have no right to say it cause I never criticize them. Gotcha. This board is so slanted my posts get emphasized, because I'm one of the few to stand up to some of the stupid mantra's around here.

How about you pick out one of my posts where I'm wrong to point out that I'm wrong.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm not that upset about the challenge decision, but what gets me is the rule and the refs interpretation of it. The Sharks have had so many ticky tack calls take goals away this year but haven't had any luck when it comes to challenging the same types of plays. The Couture goal in Vegas still makes me mad.

Reactions: Led Zappa

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm not that upset about the challenge decision, but what gets me is the rule and the refs interpretation of it. The Sharks have had so many ticky tack calls take goals away this year but haven't had any luck when it comes to challenging the same types of plays. The Couture goal in Vegas still makes me mad.

That's because the same thing applies to their video review stuff that applies to every other non-black and white call they make. They call it tight to start the year and they loosen it up as the year goes on. It's ridiculous that they do that and it's ridiculous that they let these subjective calls go to review and especially this because the standard varies from ref to ref. League just needs to scrap it and they need to change the offside challenge as well.

My question is why would DeBoer challenge this but not challenge that offside in the last game? I would probably agree that the play was onside but it was still worth a challenge at the time.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Watching the Oilers feed they said Burns goes through several skates a season to donate to charity. Thats not good, breaking in new skates is painful.

Guys usually have 2+ pairs of skates in use. (Some guys have pair for every period as they sweat so much they get a whole bunch of wet adding to the weight.)

Players "break in" new skates at practice/morning skate. Not usually "in" a game.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Ah, so it's the totality of it. So if I say the same thing 100 times, even if I'm right, I have no right to say it cause I never criticize them. Gotcha. This board is so slanted my posts get emphasized, because I'm one of the few to stand up to some of the stupid mantra's around here.

How about you pick out one of my posts where I'm wrong to point out that I'm wrong.

You’re one of the few that “stand up to some of the stupid mantras”? If that’s the way you see it, you do you. What I see is someone unwilling to criticize anything the coach or GM does, no matter what it is, and acting like you’re better than the rest of us for it. Hinterland obviously takes it to the opposite extreme, so don’t mistake me for supporting his position. But I feel like the only posts you make lately outside of direct game commentary is to criticize others for criticizing DeBoer.

I can’t pick out any of your posts where you’re wrong because you never have an opinion. It’s just “we can’t have an opinion because we aren’t inside the org.”

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Sharks really wanna make this playoff race as interesting as possible. They don't wanna get too far ahead of Anaheim. Oilers are playing the 2nd of back to back and they seem to want this more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad