Player Discussion Shane Pinto (C) - PART 2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Canucks fan in peace! I have both Norris and Pinto in my keeper league and was wondering if I should consider dealing one of the two? And if I do deal one, who has the higher upside? I don’t know much about either player other than the basics, and they seem to have very similar stats in very similar games played (of course, injury vs suspension for that lol)

Cheers!
Definitely deal Norris, his injuries are significant and might derail the rest of his career even if he returns, unlikely will reach his pre-injury ceiling. Keep Pinto out of the two.

Reactions: LuLover96

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Ottawa Senators president and general manager Steve Staios shut down a rumour Monday that centre Shane Pinto has requested trade.

Pinto is once again a restricted free agent this summer after going into the season unsigned last fall before he was handed a 41-game suspension for violating the NHL's gambling policy. He signed a one-year, $775,000 deal to resume playing as soon as the suspension ended, finishing the season with nine goals and 27 points in 41 games.

“I was made aware of something that was out there, that has been refuted now, but the negotiations continue to move on,” Staios said. “Sometimes these things take time, but Shane knows what we think of him, and we’ll continue to work at it.

“He didn’t ask for a trade.”

Bruce Garrioch of Postmedia reported last month the Boston Bruins asked about Pinto's availability as the two teams worked towards a Linus Ullmark trade, but were told he was not available. Garrioch now adds(opens in a new tab) that contract talks are currently at an impasse, with Pinto's agent looking for an offer sheet which the Senators would match.

The 23-year-old forward broke out in 2022-23, his first full season in the league, with 20 goals and 35 points in 82 games. He has 30 goals and 70 points in 140 career games with Ottawa.

The Franklin Square, NY native was selected 32nd overall by the Senators in the 2019 draft.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
i feel like it's a pretty strange move on the part of Gross given how last year went for Pinto, and how his career has progressed to this point.

At this stage I think you can confidently say Pinto is a 3rd line player. Still lots of potential to be a top 6 guy but he has not reached that level consistently. He's also young. I don't think he has the status to be a contract holdout expecting 5-6 mill+. In my opinion, he's a guy who has a lot to prove to the organization and quite frankly, himself.

The stuff being leaked to the media isn't helping anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad