Player Discussion Shane Pinto (C) - PART 2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
An offer sheet would be brutal now, right?

If we are over cap teams will be salivating to take us to the cleaners like last year before we got “lucky” with the suspension

Hopefully it’s just the agent talking shit.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
An offer sheet would be brutal now, right?

If we are over cap teams will be salivating to take us to the cleaners like last year before we got “lucky” with the suspension

Hopefully it’s just the agent talking shit.
Very few teams have to picks and cap space needed for an offer. Philly is one of the only ones that may make an offer.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
An offer sheet that couldn't be matched due to our cap situation would at least have the merit of clarifying the direction of the team, in that it could precipitate a rebuild.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
this sob really trying 2 request trade and cash in after we stuck by him with gambling bs? smh
Seems like it, I hope Staois plays hard ball, let him sit until he comes to his senses!!! We can let a 23 year old kid who is a RFA bully us, f*** that shit, you don't want to sign go sit down then.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The agent is doing his best to get the best deal for his client, that's his job. Stop taking it personally & stop blaming Pinto. He pays those guys to get him the best deal possible regardless of the club's situation that is up to the GM to work out, not the player or the agent.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Everyone freaking out but I don't see reason to. This is Staios' first negotiation, and it probably serves him well in the long run to play a little hardball. The agent is going to do what he has to do to get Pinto the best contract possible, but Staios is going to be steady about this. The talk of offer sheets and exploring trades is all a part of the process.

They probably already have a deal ready to ship Joseph out, but want to try and get Pinto to commit to a lower number first.

Reactions: aragorn

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
this sob really trying 2 request trade and cash in after we stuck by him with gambling bs? smh
Well his agent said they may request one so that's not accurate. It's a negotiation tactic.

He made a proxy bet, big deal. Took league minimum after dorion blew their cap.

It's too bad his agent is taking this approach. It looks like they have 4.4 million in space. A 2 year bridge at 4 million seems fair for both parties.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
An offer sheet that couldn't be matched due to our cap situation would at least have the merit of clarifying the direction of the team, in that it could precipitate a rebuild.
We can match. Do not have to be cap compliant for a few months yet. Maybe it makes us have to make some decisions in September, but for now thats September.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I am going on record that Pinto to Utah makes SENSe, to me 😉 (happy Canada Day, mannny beers later)

Edit:

Pinto + JBD to Utah
For
McBain, Kesselring, Douglas, and Soderstrom

Utah would benefit from Pinto moving into a 2C role immediately. JBD fills Kesselrings spot (well, may 65% of it...).

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Everyone freaking out but I don't see reason to. This is Staios' first negotiation, and it probably serves him well in the long run to play a little hardball. The agent is going to do what he has to do to get Pinto the best contract possible, but Staios is going to be steady about this. The talk of offer sheets and exploring trades is all a part of the process.

They probably already have a deal ready to ship Joseph out, but want to try and get Pinto to commit to a lower number first.
This isn't Staios' first negotiation. He was a GM in lower leagues and has been around this quite a bit in the NHL, even if he wasn't the one pulling the trigger. But from seeing him work last season and even from the trades this season, he seems like a patient and methodical type of negotiator.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What f***ball said he had requested a trade? Di marco from the fourth period?

f*** off and don't report things dickhead
This is the world we live in now. The agent says they might request a trade, someone reads that on X/Twitter & translate it as Pinto requests a trade & someone else reads it & passes it on as fact & then I get a news feed within minutes saying that Pinto requested a trade & then Staois says it isn't true & then minutes later I get another news feed that says the GM says Pinto did not request a trade & I'm left wondering what is true & what is not? Citizen journalism & social media reporting is still a work in progress.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
This is the world we live in now. The agent says they might request a trade, someone reads that on X/Twitter & translate it as Pinto requests a trade & someone else reads it & passes it on as fact & then I get a news feed within minutes saying that Pinto requested a trade & then Staois says it isn't true & then minutes later I get another news feed that says the GM says Pinto did not request a trade & I'm left wondering what is true & what is not? Citizen journalism & social media reporting is still a work in progress.
Agreed, but that di marco guy is one to never believe again.

Reactions: aragorn

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Canucks fan in peace! I have both Norris and Pinto in my keeper league and was wondering if I should consider dealing one of the two? And if I do deal one, who has the higher upside? I don’t know much about either player other than the basics, and they seem to have very similar stats in very similar games played (of course, injury vs suspension for that lol)

Cheers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad