Speculation: Shakeup Trade Coming in Vancouver?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Canucks are prime for one. Jim Rutherford has shown not to be afraid of the Winter player for player deal. Notables going back 10 years:

Kaberle for Spacek
Gleason for Liles
Scuderi for Daley
Perron for Hagelin
Hagelin for Pearson
Pearson for Gudbranson

Reactions: virothepyro

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Most of those are pretty lopsided IIRC.

Might be best to wait till the trade deadline or the offseason and avoid making a move for the sake of "putting your stamp on the team"

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Who is actually available for a player for player sort of deal on Vancouver's side and what would they be looking for?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Pearson for Gudbranson

No way. Pearson in no way fits a need for the Flames. He's also on a longer contract, when the Flames are attempting to clear space to re-sign their star players. Gudbranson is on a 1 year 1.95 million contract and has been solid for the Flames. Pearson has 3.25 for 3 more years.

The Flames also have a very deep set of forwards, especially on the left wing. Pearson might not even make the roster.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
No way. Pearson in no way fits a need for the Flames. He's also on a longer contract, when the Flames are attempting to clear space to re-sign their star players. Gudbranson is on a 1 year 1.95 million contract and has been solid for the Flames. Pearson has 3.25 for 3 more years.

The Flames also have a very deep set of forwards, especially on the left wing. Pearson might not even make the roster.
He listed trades that have already happened. Pearson was traded for Gudbranson in 2019.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Blake loved Jim! League did shutdown Hagelin back to Pit due to retained salary. King's have plenty of bottom 6'ers to swap right now.

Pearson better have a suitcase packed. :laugh:

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Acquiring Bruce was the shakeup, until this team starts underperforming again I can't see anything happening unless its a significant upgrade to the D.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Want a shakeup trade that probably accomplishes very little?

Sharks trade Evander Kane@50%, Kevin Labanc, and Radim Simek to Vancouver for Tyler Myers, Tanner Pearson, and Jason Dickinson.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Highly unlikely. BB was brought in to help evaluate players and rebuild value. Minor trades maybe, but I doubt Rutherford wants to make any big trades himself considering his role is largely to search for a new longterm GM.

They'll wait to get that position filled and the players evaluated before make a direction on who stays and who goes.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Canucks are prime for one. Jim Rutherford has shown not to be afraid of the Winter player for player deal. Notables going back 10 years:

Kaberle for Spacek
Gleason for Liles
Scuderi for Daley
Perron for Hagelin
Hagelin for Pearson
Pearson for Gudbranson

I don't see why he'd make one now...he just took over the job, and he's only the interim GM. His primary goal right now should be 1) stabilizing the organization and launching a search for a new GM, whose vision and input should very much be heard before any notable moves are made. And 2) Evaluating what players on the Canucks are actually capable of under a new, veteran, and pretty successful coach.

The Canucks have lots of time before the deadline, which is when they can make longterm decisions on the likes of JT Miller.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't necessarily think this is fair, but I could see something like Boeser for Kapanen being something JR could look at. Or maybe Miller for Kapanen instead.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If he makes either of those deals I would hope he is fired on the spot.

Oh boy, if you think that is a fireable trade, you're in for a RUDE awakening when you see Jim Rutherford's actual trades :laugh:

Boeser for Kapanen would pale in comparison to some of the trades he made as the Penguins GM. He gave up a freaking 1st round pick for Ryan Reaves.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Oh boy, if you think that is a fireable trade, you're in for a RUDE awakening when you see Jim Rutherford's actual trades :laugh:

Boeser for Kapanen would pale in comparison to some of the trades he made as the Penguins GM. He gave up a freaking 1st round pick for Ryan Reaves.

Boeser for Marino?

Reactions: zcaptain

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
I feel like that's worse for Vancouver than Boeser for Kapanen is :laugh:

Marino's not bad, but he's not nearly what he was in his rookie year. He's a kinda whatever minute eater at this point.
Haha well I'm just guessing he adds a Dman before swapping forwards

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

He listed trades that have already happened. Pearson was traded for Gudbranson in 2019.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Trader Jim and his chaotic brand of insanity is already striking fear into the hearts of fans everywhere. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad