GDT: SF - SWE vs CZE May 25, 2024

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
In terms of the nations at Worlds I got clear order who to cheer for.

SVK (kinda weak, but HM)

LAT

….
FIN

SWE

SUI (I hate them in hockey, but generally cheer for them against those mentined below.)
USA

CAN

NOR (they don’t get enough hate in my opinion)

6 kilometers below them is BLR

Somewhere in burning depths of hell - RUS
I love how you have really thought about the order carefully!

I agree 100% on Russia. Belarus I just don’t care about one way or the other. Just not a factor in anything, unless your name is Sweden a few years ago. And the population of Belarus is very unsupportive of its government, so nothing non-hockey related comes into it for me.

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
In terms of the nations at Worlds I got clear order who to cheer for.

SVK (kinda weak, but HM)

LAT

….
FIN

SWE

SUI (I hate them in hockey, but generally cheer for them against those mentined below.)
USA

CAN

NOR (they don’t get enough hate in my opinion)

6 kilometers below them is BLR

Somewhere in burning depths of hell - RUS
This is very vague.. you should be more specific next time :cool:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Another breakaway? 2 on 0? Did he miss the net.

Canada has to bury one of these soon.

I'd also recommend taking more penalties.. they got a lot of breakaways shorthanded.lol

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I love how you have really thought about the order carefully!

I agree 100% on Russia. Belarus I just don’t care about one way or the other. Just not a factor in anything, unless your name is Sweden a few years ago. And the population of Belarus is very unsupportive of its government, so nothing non-hockey related comes into it for me.
Order is clear. Slovaks first, regardless of the fact my wife is Slovak. Hate losing to them though. A lot.

Latvia is a small passionate nation with a hate boner against Russia and unlike Norway/Denmark/Switzerland can’t carry their development by their strong eco alone.

I find Finns closer to us than Swedes, but the difference is mostly carried by my love of Finnish metal, Nokias and Winter War.

I don’t like Swiss because I didn’t want them to be better than us (at times)

USA are generally the nation to beat in so many sports.

Canada is by nature the favorite and I hate the hypocrisy of their old heads like Cherry.

I am not gonna clutter the discussion with my true reasons for hating Norway.

School bully and his sickly sidekick need no introduction.

Germans would be below Sweden and above Swiss, I refuse to accept they are kinda good now. They are great host country though.

This is very vague.. you should be more specific next time :cool:
Better?

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
You just knew Sweden was cooked after they struggled with what was probably the worst Finnish hockey team in the past two decades. Czechs went after Sweden's weak defense (unlike Finland who were far too meek in strategy until the final minutes) and it paid dividends.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Order is clear. Slovaks first, regardless of the fact my wife is Slovak. Hate losing to them though. A lot.

Latvia is a small passionate nation with a hate boner against Russia and unlike Norway/Denmark/Switzerland can’t carry their development by their strong eco alone.

I find Finns closer to us than Swedes, but the difference is mostly carried by my love of Finnish metal, Nokias and Winter War.

I don’t like Swiss because I didn’t want them to be better than us (at times)

USA are generally the nation to beat in so many sports.

Canada is by nature the favorite and I hate the hypocrisy of their old heads like Cherry.

I am not gonna clutter the discussion with my true reasons for hating Norway.

School bully and his sickly sidekick need no introduction.

Germans would be below Sweden and above Swiss, I refuse to accept they are kinda good now. They are great host country though.

Better?
Yes, that is pretty good. And I hate hate hate Don Cherry, what a bigoted absurd man. But to be honest, it doesn’t affect my view of Team Canada in any negative way. I just enjoy knowing that he is crying into his nappy when Canada lose.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
You just knew Sweden was cooked after they struggled with what was probably the worst Finnish hockey team in the past two decades. Czechs went after Sweden's weak defense (unlike Finland who were far too meek in strategy until the final minutes) and it paid dividends.
To be fair, our 3rd period strategy was Sedlák going BRRRRR.

Reactions: BullLund

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
There‘s a mount Everest of enthusiasm from the crowd and the entire nation. I think that your guys will win the gold. Easily.
We are just happy to be here! I definitely had a preference for the quarters but I have no preference for finals. Both beat us, both are better... let's see how it goes!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechia is amazing, but Sweden did what Finland used to do - all out in the group stage and not enough left in the tank.
I'll never understand how we beat the US and Sweden here. I'll take it all day long but we are running out of horseshoes!

Reactions: Goodman68

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Weirdly enough I have been hearing more than a few football enthusiasts claiming that Sweden is the absolute best to enjoy a football match live.
One of them is the British journalist that wrote "when Friday comes" and "1312 among the ultras", two absolut gems of books for someone that is interested in a very close look to the history and culture of football organized supporters
Yeah all the Stockholm fanbases are pure f***ing quality(Djurgården in hockey too unfortunately they’re not in the tio division) Malmö to some extent. Gothenburg isn’t at the same level.
AIK/Hammarby/DIF have great fans, in soccer that is. IFK Göteborg too, they improved last 2 years. MFF have regressed alot, we are not the same anymore.

Reactions: Jon Riley

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
AIK/Hammarby/DIF have great fans, in soccer that is. IFK Göteborg too, they improved last 2 years. MFF have regressed alot, we are not the same anymore.
Blåvitt? Well maybe I haven’t kept up.

Lenny Levino

May 15, 2024
That’s the difference. I would always support any team playing against Russia. I would not necessarily support teams against Canada, unless they are underdogs and it’s cool to see the underdogs win. I supported Austria against Canada. But I would also have supported Austria against teams like Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, etc.
What do you have against Russia?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Blåvitt? Well maybe I haven’t kept up.

We where better than them 2002-2022, but we have a bit of a generation swift on the stands, lots of older guys went to sitting section. And it does not help that Rex Scania, one of our former Ultras group got banned by Brigada (guys in the pic).

Screenshot_1.png

Reactions: EK47

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
They are known for giving up games in round robin when it suits them.
give an exemple

2006 vs slovakia? just 1 time

Not sure why czechs always talk shit about Sweden. Its tiresome. Swedes respect Czechia. You are a great hockey nation and deserved to win.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Wow....this makes me feel slightly better overall now....ahhhhhh who am I kidding, it doesn't.

US shit the bed massively, Canada choked and Sweden gets bounced. Top 3 teams on paper with only 1 of them winning a medal. Wild..
Not a chance in hell you could've convinced me one of the 3 weren't winning Gold here. I figured they all wouldn't medal (might have to play each other) but was positive 1 of them was a GOLD.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Not a chance in hell you could've convinced me one of the 3 weren't winning Gold here. I figured they all wouldn't medal (might have to play each other) but was positive 1 of them was a GOLD.
Good for you guys. Crowd is going to be insane tomorrow and well deserved to make it through the teams you all have. Pulling for Czechia for the gold!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad