Proposal: Severson to TOR

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Fewest goals allowed/60 since October 17th (400 min minimum, 133 dmen)

1. Zaitsev
2. Gards

Leafs are not looking to replace these two for a cup run but are trying to find a partner for Rielly long term. Would be great to get one this year (and have an excellent bottom pairing of Hainsey/Dermott) but cap issues are probably going to force them to play it out with a minor move for RHD depth.

sd1976

Mar 14, 2008
BS?

BS is claiming that Severson would be the worst defensive player on the Leafs blue line.

It's not just BS, it's clueless. It's pretty obvious you don't know a thing about Severson, and yet, that didn't stop you from weighing in on his value.

His skillset leans more to the offensive side of the ledger, but he's still capable defensively and adds much needed physicality. At worst - at worst - he'd be in the middle of the pack defensively on the Maple Leafs but he'd be clearly better than Gardiner and Zaitsev for sure.
And now who is showing themselves to be clueless?

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

sd1976

Mar 14, 2008
I have plenty of basis in that I am fully aware of each player because I have seen them play often.

I didn't say Severson would be better than Gardiner. I said he would be better defensively than Gardiner and frankly I'm amazed that anyone would dispute that.
Literally everyone disputes that. You are on an island my friend.

Mar 14, 2011
I have plenty of basis in that I am fully aware of each player because I have seen them play often.

I didn't say Severson would be better than Gardiner. I said he would be better defensively than Gardiner and frankly I'm amazed that anyone would dispute that.
Gardiner's 5 vs 5 goals against average for this whole season; 1.81 (best among Leafs Dmen)
Severson's 5 vs 5 goals against average for this whole season; 3.27 (only Yakolev has a worst goals against average than him on the entire Jersey team)

Not sure what is so indisputable about your claim.

Reactions: Mork

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
LOL. Have you ever watched a game where the Leafs aren't playing? Bratt is literally the most valuable piece in the trade. It's quite clearly Bratt>Severson/Kapanen>Tor 1st. You can argue if Severson or Kapanen are worth more, but no way in hell either hold as much value as Bratt who literally carried our 2nd line for the games he was playing with MarJo and Zacha (2 guys who are not high end 2nd line caliber players).

Edit: We wouldn't trade Bratt for your 2019 and 2020 1sts, even if they had no protection. Hell, outside of your premier players there are few players that would interest us for Bratt. I wouldn't even swap Bratt for Nylander after that anchor of a contract you gave him.

Ok, you feel this way, great.
The numbers don't bear this out as being true.

sd1976

Mar 14, 2008
You are speaking for every other hockey observer?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
No just the ones in the thread you posted in. Is there any other simple item that you need explained for you or are you going to come back with more sarcasm to bait others into responding harshly?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
He's been more stable this year than past years.

Also if he had been more consistent, he would be making a lot more than 4 million a year.
Agreed. I don't mind him....i just wonder where he fits if we actually find a partner for Rielly.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
I like Bratt a lot and don't think Jersey should be in the business of even entertaining moving him. But Severson has looked incredibly ordinary to me this year, especially in his own zone. Kapanen + 1 + 2 is quite a payment.
I cant believe this proposal, its crazy overpayment common get a real life buddy with this proposal, I wouldn't trade kapanen straight up for this guy, common ……….

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Bratt, age 20:
48p in 97 career games

Kapanen, age 22:
35p in 94 career games

How's that for supporting evidence?
Pretty lousy since you tried to make the claim that Bratt is currently way better. If you want to use Kapanen's production as a 4th liner a few years ago, you've failed. Hopefully you can admit to being wrong now

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
How about you dont make outlandish claims with no supporting evidence?
What about the fact that he has missed a third of the games and played only 23 games yet has 11 assists. Until Hall was injured Bratt has been playing on the third line most of the season(doesn't mean he is a third line player). 23 games 13 points after coming back from an injury and not on the same level playing field as everyone else. The guy was out of the game for a month. How is Nylander doing? 11 games 2 points. Does that mean that Bratt is better than Nylander? Judging by you then I guess Bratt is better than Nylander.
Lets look at Kapanens stats and where he was at the same age as Bratt . 8 games and one point. What about last year as a year older than Bratt? 38 games 9 points.
This year they are both similar in PPG and Bratt is two years younger. But wait there is more.....Who is Kapanen playing with compared to who Bratt is playing with? Bratt is better than Kapanen. Bratt is actually closer to Nylander when it comes to talent level and not because of stats, but becasue I watch both of them play on a regular basis.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Bratt is far and away the best player in this deal. Laughable proposal.

He has 2 goals this year. Let's pump the brakes on calling him far and away better than Kapanen

Watch him play and get back to me.

How about you dont make outlandish claims with no supporting evidence?

Bratt, age 20:
48p in 97 career games

Kapanen, age 22:
35p in 94 career games

How's that for supporting evidence?

Awesome exchange. Terrific smackdown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad