OT: Severe Weather Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
It’s too far out to say for sure, but all guidance seems to signal for some kind of tropical system east of the Bahamas around Friday of next week

Can’t pinpoint anything at this point, but definitely worth watching

It’s too far out to say for sure, but all guidance seems to signal for some kind of tropical system east of the Bahamas around Friday of next week

Can’t pinpoint anything at this point, but definitely worth watching
Tres - do you think the Bahamas will be storm free beginning this weekend until early next week?

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Tres - do you think the Bahamas will be storm free beginning this weekend until early next week?
Yes and no. The hurricane will more than likely stay far enough away where the only threat would be strong surf on Atlantic Ocean facing beaches, though you’re in the middle of the Bahamas it seems so not as bad as say, Abaco or something like that

However, a cold front looks like it’s going to get hung up around there. While there’s always a threat for showers and thunderstorms basically any day in the tropics, that boundary will likely lead to more widespread thunderstorm activity across whatever parts of the Bahamas it settles across

So tropically, I think you’re fine based on what I see, but at the same time I think it will also likely be more showery/stormy than usual

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
Yes and no. The hurricane will more than likely stay far enough away where the only threat would be strong surf on Atlantic Ocean facing beaches, though you’re in the middle of the Bahamas it seems so not as bad as say, Abaco or something like that

However, a cold front looks like it’s going to get hung up around there. While there’s always a threat for showers and thunderstorms basically any day in the tropics, that boundary will likely lead to more widespread thunderstorm activity across whatever parts of the Bahamas it settles across

So tropically, I think you’re fine based on what I see, but at the same time I think it will also likely be more showery/stormy than usual
Okay - thanks so much. Iffy forecast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad