Serie A 2023-24 Season

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Two goals by Vlahovic nearing the end of first half to put Juve ahead against Sassuolo. Looks like Vlahovic is again finding his good form, which he started the season with.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
iStock-821206882-resized.jpg

To our sweet Roma prince. Let your firings be numerous to your trophies.

Reactions: Power Man

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Smooth sailing so far for Inter in the supercup semifinal they play in Saudi against Lazio. Italian federation took the bad example of the Spanish one and are playing a mini-tournament for the Supercup. Sarri was very vocal in his opposition to this but he's been fair and played his best team tonight, but Inter are just too good. 2-0 up in the 56th minute.

And Frattesi puts the game away in the 87th minute, 3-0.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Milan back on level terms, Giroud was close to scoring, but it is Jovic who puts the ball in after it hit the woodwork.

Edit: Wow Okafor, had already lost any hope that Milan could win this match.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Milan lead 1-0 away to Udinese, but match interrupted after half-an hour, apparently racists shouts towards Maignan.
Embarrassing. I'm sure they'll make the thousandth Twitter post about it and that's it.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Vlahovic continued his red hot form, although he stole his second goal from McKennie, touching the ball on the goalline when it was already going in without him needing to get involved.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
The always classy Saudi public booing a moment of remembrance for Gigi Riva during the Super Cup.

Simeone gets himself sent off in the 60th minute for stamping on Acerbi's foot while on a yellow. Like father like son I guess.

And in really surprising news the cameraman managed to find two women in the stands! Their heads covered, of course, we can't go too crazy.

Lautaro finally wins it for Inter in over time. Simone Inzaghi with his SIXTH Italian supercup. Big game coach 💪

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
10-man Juve (Milik was sent off early in the 1st half for studs up challenge) takes the lead on 53rd min, Vlahovic scores again from a penalty box scramble after a corner.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Not looking good for struggling Milan against Bologna at home. Several missed clearing attempts by Milan players which allowed Zirkzee a shot which went through a defender and Maignan somewhat easily.

And with few minutes left in the first half, Giroud missed a PK, one of the poorest PKs I've ever seen from him.

Bologna had manager Thiago Motta and another staff member sent off for protesting.

Edit: At least Loftus-Cheek manages to equalize just before half-time.

Edit2: Another missed PK by Milan, this time by Theo Fernandez. His following shot rebounding from the post was disallowed. Rafael leao earned the PK with a penetrating run past several opponents before being stopped by a slap into his face.

Edit3: What a leap and header by Loftus-Cheek to score his 2nd and put Milan ahead on 83rd minute.

Edit4: Milan ruine their chance of a win when youngster Terraciano unnecessiraly pulls the shirt of a Bologna player bringing him down inside the box.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Milan with a hard fought win at Frosinone.

Giroud with a typical header from Leao's cross gave them the lead at first, then Giroud started the comeback after Milan fell behind, heading for Gabbia to score an equalizer from close range.

And finally sub Jovic scored the winner with his first touch, after the ball luckily ricocheted to him in the goal mouth scramble.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Inter with a big win. Own goal won it, though Thurman put Gatti under a ton of pressure. Vlahovic has an incredible chance a minute before but had a terrible touch.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Inter take a big step towards scudetto, beating Juve 1-0. The only goal being an own goal by Gatti (tried to prevent Thuram from scoring but chested the ball in) towards the end of first half.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Good start for Inter away to Roma, Acerbi scores after a corner to put them 1-0 ahead around 15 mins.

Edit: But there is certainly fighting spirit in De Rossi's Roma. Mancini heads home Pellegrini's free kick with rain pouring down.

Edit2: And Roma takes the lead, El Shaarawy shot goes in via post, nice finish from Pellegrini's through pass at 44 mins.

Edit3: Thuram poaches a goal at he start of 2nd half, despite Mancini marking him closely but unable to shackle him well enough.

Edit4_ And Inter have turned it around. Beasting Thuram can't be controlled by Angelino either, which makes him score an own goal. And soon after that, Pavard with a good control, and strikes a long distance shot at the post.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Theo scores from his typical forward run, nice assist by Leao.

Weird that Pioli has now managed Milan in as many matches Sacchi did during his time. Obviously the success levels are nowhere near each others.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Thiaw with 3 idiotic challenges in the same sequence, the last which happened inside the box. So Monza takes the lead with a 45th min PK.

Edit: 10-men Milan equalize with sub Pulisic scoring their 2nd goal on 88th minute.. He also assisted Giroud's goal.

Well, it didn't last long as Bondo scores his first ever Serie A goal a minute later, Monza ahead again.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
With a win tonight, Thiago Motta's Bologna are up to 4th place already, alas in a CL spot.

With Pioli likely to leave after this season. I wouldn't mind if AC Milan hired Motta as their manager.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Another 4-0 W for Inter...+55 goal difference, 12 point lead, 15 consecutive goals across the last four games...I cannot believe how easy this has gotten. Like...it's legit reached a point where Inter need to get past Atleti because, otherwise, the April/May part of the schedule is just gonna be f***ing boring. Those 2-4-5 more Champions League games are needed to keep things spicy.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Hi everyone, quick question on buying tickets. I am looking to go to the Napoli vs. Lecce game on May 25th in Naples. Can I buy tickets right off of Stubhub?

I ask because years back when I went to a game in Poland, I had to register with the stadium and get a fan card of sorts. This was in the early 2010's when they were still rooting out some hooliganism. When I went this past May, that was no longer a thing in Poland. I doubt that there is anything like this in Italy, but figured I would ask if there is something I'm missing before just buying off Stubhub.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad