S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Scores and Standings

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
And Belotti also didn't score at all for Roma last season, but got a brace today (and had another goal disallowed for offside).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Osimhen starts the campaign off with two goals in a 3-1 win. This bloke might be reaching 150+ million if he ever moves.

Also, pretty pathetic from Udinese to lose 0-3 to Juve.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yeah, good start for Milan and Pulisic, who was involved in the build of the first goal by Giroud, and then scored the second from a Giroud lay-off.

Bit of a scare for Milan in the first minute when Lygogiannis hit the bar with a long range shot, but Milan been largely in control after that.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Yeah, good start for Milan and Pulisic, who was involved in the build of the first goal by Giroud, and then scored the second from a Giroud lay-off.

Bit of a scare for Milan in the first minute when Lygogiannis hit the bar with a long range shot, but Milan been largely in control after that.
Indeed a great start to the season and showing for a change they can have success away. Too bad Leao hit the post on that great move on the keeper

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How washed is Bonucci? He probably wouldn't be coming to Berlin to start if he does accept, but we have 4 quality CBs for our back 3, with a 5 who is passable. We do also play very deep and structured, so he wouldn't have to cover much space and would always have guys shielding him.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Milan has struggled to create much of anything in the first half an hour, until Pulisic slotted it home into an empty net from Loftus Cheek's pass.

Edit; Toronto equalized immediately, and then Milan was given a penalty for a handball, which I don't really agree to.

First Giroud ducked a Rafael Leao's cross, which took a small touch from his shoulder into opponent's hand 20 cm's behind him and then went from hand to opponents face.

Torino player's hand didn't make him any bigger and could be argued to have been in a natural position as Giroud was backing into him before ducking when the cross came in.

Oh well, Giroud puts Milan ahead again from the spot just before half time.

At least Theo makes it 3-1 with a proper goal.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
After going up 4-1 with another Giroud penalty, Milan are throwing in their new purchases Okafor, Musah and Chukwueze. It's nice to see Milan finally has some good quality on the bench to come on.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
After going up 4-1 with another Giroud penalty, Milan are throwing in their new purchases Okafor, Musah and Chukwueze. It's nice to see Milan finally has some good quality on the bench to come on.
Luka has threw away his career with dumb moves.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Roma is the gift that keeps on giving.

Hard to believe that players like Aouar and Ndicka arent't starting for them. At least Aouar entered at the start of 2nd half and scored.

For example, Ndicka is better tha Smalling in pretty much everything (maybe heading in some non-aggressive situation being equal).

Rui Patricio didn't exactly cover himself in glory in this match. I know Svilar hasn't really got any chance to play as a starter since being one of the youngest starters ever for a season in the CL some years ago, so hard to tell how good he is nowadays, but you might think he deserves a shot at least.

Reactions: S E P H

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Did Leao get hurt today?

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Did Leao get hurt today?

He was subbed off, but I didn't see anything concerning during the match and nothing was mentioned in the broadcast I was watching and he was filmed sitting on the bench after the substitution looking quite normal.

I haven't read any post-match stuff, so I don't really know.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Good start for Milan as Rui Patricio brings down Loftus Cheek and Giroud converts already his 3rd PK of the season.

And Rafa Leao extends the lead at the start of 2nd half, putting the ball in via post despite being hold and dragged to the ground by a defender.

Milan hang on to the win despite Tomori being sent off and Spinazzola scoring late.

Last edited:

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
does anybody know when the torino vs roma game is going to be? serie a and roma have it as the 23rd, but torino's website has it on the 24th.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
does anybody know when the torino vs roma game is going to be? serie a and roma have it as the 23rd, but torino's website has it on the 24th.

Dates and times were made official only up to the fourth day.

Hard to believe that players like Aouar and Ndicka arent't starting for them. At least Aouar entered at the start of 2nd half and scored.

For example, Ndicka is better tha Smalling in pretty much everything (maybe heading in some non-aggressive situation being equal).

Rui Patricio didn't exactly cover himself in glory in this match. I know Svilar hasn't really got any chance to play as a starter since being one of the youngest starters ever for a season in the CL some years ago, so hard to tell how good he is nowadays, but you might think he deserves a shot at least.

Aouar is technically very good, but he is one of the slowest players I have ever seen. Ndicka is no better than Smalling. When Dybala returns I don't think both he and Aouar will play. They're playing really badly, not that it's new, but it's impressive to see how they can't make 3 passes in a row.

Reactions: God

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad