Prospect Info: Sergei Murashov, 118th overall, 2022 NHL Draft

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think it was Spezza who was talking about investing in Wheeling to make it a better place to play. With the amount the Pens will be drafting the next few years, a lot of prospects are going to find their way down their.

The Fed and state just dumped like 32+ million into the city infrastructure and they have invested boatloads into the waterfront and have another 60ish million dollar convention center planned for down there. They have also renovated many of the old original Victorian buildings and demolished the ones that were beyond hope. So as much as ya'll (and myself) rip on the town it's actually getting better. I was down there this Summer for a waterfront event and was surprised at the amount of people under the age of 40 there.

Even the food scene is... well... still shit. But better shit!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think it was Spezza who was talking about investing in Wheeling to make it a better place to play. With the amount the Pens will be drafting the next few years, a lot of prospects are going to find their way down their.

Dubas was big on the pipeline from ECHL, AHL, NHL in Toronto.

He's likely trying to mimic it.

He did have some hits, but sadly he let most of them go, I believe both Joshua and Marchment spent time in the ECHL.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
It occurs to me I've never actually been to Wheeling. Sounds like the eldest and I may need to plan a Nailers-themed road trip.
You definitely should, it's a fun time and you might get to see a Murashov for $10

The Fed and state just dumped like 32+ million into the city infrastructure and they have invested boatloads into the waterfront and have another 60ish million dollar convention center planned for down there. They have also renovated many of the old original Victorian buildings and demolished the ones that were beyond hope. So as much as ya'll (and myself) rip on the town it's actually getting better. I was down there this Summer for a waterfront event and was surprised at the amount of people under the age of 40 there.

Even the food scene is... well... still shit. But better shit!

Someone said to check out Avenue Eats next time I'm there? Any thoughts on this place?

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Someone said to check out Avenue Eats next time I'm there? Any thoughts on this place?

It's REALLY damned good and not just because I know the owners. It's a burgers and bar kinda place but they really go all out on the quality of food aspect of burger-making. And you can tell. Location is cool, too. Right out on the waterfront.

They also own a more upscale dining place further in town called Elle&Jacks that is worth checking out. 50ish bucks a plate but the food and atmosphere is top notch. Try the creme brulee... one of the better I've had.

Reactions: steelcityassault

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I always enjoyed my times in Wheeling. The arena is what you'd expect for an ECHL team, but there's no bad view and the team always gives you your money's worth.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Uh... no. No it's not. It's almost all families and Boomers playing golf.

As for that particular stated objective... I mean... I would talk to some of the Nailers here and there back in the day "out on the town" or whatever passes for it around here while ordering drinks or playing pool. They didn't seem to be having too many problems in that regard lol
Can almost guaranteed Biz had a ton of fun out on the town in Wheeling back in the day lmao

Regardless, Murashov should be fine regardless of where he plays, he's got the talent to succeed quickly in North America

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Can almost guaranteed Biz had a ton of fun out on the town in Wheeling back in the day lmao

Regardless, Murashov should be fine regardless of where he plays, he's got the talent to succeed quickly in North America

Right? I didn't live in the area at that point in time but it would have been fun to hang with Biz for a night... uh... probably haha

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3