Seravalli comes in hot with an all-time tone deaf season prediction

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Seemed pretty clear to me at first. But good on him to take the high road and clarify / apologize.
Agreed. Don't think he meant it to come of like it did, he made a mistake and apologized.

Anyway, I love his other prediction:

"13. After a proper period of mourning, the Lady Byng Trophy will be renamed in memory of Johnny (and Matthew) Gaudreau. Lady Byng had a great 100-year run. John won the Byng in 2017 and was a true gentleman of the game. It would also be appropriate for on-ice officials to vote on the award."

That needs to happen.

Reactions: LevelingSolo

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Agreed. Don't think he meant it to come of like it did, he made a mistake and apologized.

Anyway, I love his other prediction:

"13. After a proper period of mourning, the Lady Byng Trophy will be renamed in memory of Johnny (and Matthew) Gaudreau. Lady Byng had a great 100-year run. John won the Byng in 2017 and was a true gentleman of the game. It would also be appropriate for on-ice officials to vote on the award."

That needs to happen.

I would rather they re-institute a +/- trophy, this time at 5v5 +/- only so it doesn't get gamed by 6v5s and so on. And call that the Johnny Gaudreau trophy after he led the league in that category in 2022.

That would be a very meaningful trophy hockey-wise, I personally would not want to be associated with the Lady Byng. Gentlemanly has always been an awkward thing to call a hockey player.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If you watch Seravelli on his podcast runs, this isn’t that shocking coming from him.

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
I think its just awkwardly phrased, by no means though was he trying to offend anyone with this

Edit: Yikes to some of the replies, the Internet reactionary outrage is real here

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Dumbass comment but no different than the other 99% of garbage I see in hockey media so I'm not sure why this particular incident is receiving so much outrage. (probably because it's Seravalli who is already quite disliked)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think its just awkwardly phrased, by no means though was he trying to offend anyone with this

Edit: Yikes to some of the replies, the Internet reactionary outrage is real here
Poorly worded by a “professional”. I agree that it wasn’t his intentions but darn, no one rushed you to get this out. Had time to review.

Now he sees how it feels to have a quote get picked apart like he would do to a coach or player.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
I don't even wanna research to see if its just taken out of context for a singular extra click bait, but if I'm hearing the reactions properly on this thread, this is beyond classless

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
He has the same dead-eyed, expressionless affect and tone of voice no matter what he's talking about, he's totally bereft of tact, he's incapable of human conversation. He thought he was being poetic here.

Ad

Ad

Ad