Seravalli comes in hot with an all-time tone deaf season prediction

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
People get offended easily. That’s a nothing-burger of a comment.

Now had he said, “with a little help from THE LOSS OF Gaudreau….”, that would’ve been pretty horrible.

It’s pretty clear he meant in a guardian-angel kinda way.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Not something worth getting too bent out of shape over. Dumb and a careless choice of words? Yes. But not malicious.

And I say this as a Canucks fan, a fanbase big silver threw shade at for most of the post/off-season.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Can't think of a better representative of the industry to serve as the president of the Professional Hockey Writer's Association.

I mean, I can but they're rare gems and not indicative of the industry.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Couldn’t he have just said “draft lottery” without bringing Gaudreau’s name into it?

I could see if he got on a podcast or radio show and someone asked him “well, why do you think that?”, but there was no need to mention that in a short post like that.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
cVcKk9VWuvCVGhWMIG.webp

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Wait wait wait wait

He wrote this after the death, and thought it was somewhat appropriate

Pfffffftttt this is brutal

If he had said that on a podcast or something, that would've been excusable. Now he's just failing at his job.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I don't think anyone is saying he's evil or bad, just a huge moron.
Exactly.

I'm not calling for his head but the fact that this thought went from his brain, through his fingers, (presumably) through some sort of editor and out into the world in the first place is just a really dumb thing to have happened.

And then it was compounded by multiple corrections and edits.

So this went through what ... three or four checkpoints where it could've been stopped and it just seems to have blown through all of them.

He can wear a dunce cap for the day.

Reactions: Shocker

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Sports journalists are f***ing idiots, and the hockey media tends to be the cream that rises to the top of that heap.
Sports journalists is like military intelligence right?

I get that people hate him, he is a clown but shit happens.

The offseason is way too long and things like this fill it sadly.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Don't really see it as a big deal but pretty Seravalli typical to stick his foot in his mouth. Always been a loud mouthed idiot. Sports journalism has taken a dive in general quality the last 5-6 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad