Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Leafs | Preseason game #2 | Wed. Sept. 18 7:30PM @ CTC

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Nothing against Tierney but I had him as the odd man out for a while; because of the glut of prospects coming up and also because his value is at its highest

i sincerely see no value in keeping Tierney. What does he bring that other Center can't?

Offence ? Brown is probably already better and if he isn't i would prefer to give the ice time to him so that he can devellop.
Defence ? He's mediocre at best. You don't need him in defensive situation. We already have Pageau and we want to devellop White to do so as well.

If Brown is kept, he's going to be our #1 option on the PP in not so long, IMO. I would probably go with White taking the faceoff. Tkachuk and White near the net. Brown and Batherson on the wall and Chabot at the point.

Then you can put Anisimov, Ellis, Ryan, Duclair and Brannstrom on the PP2.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
i sincerely see no value in keeping Tierney. What does he bring that other Center can't?

Offence ? Brown is probably already better and if he isn't i would prefer to give the ice time to him so that he can devellop.
Defence ? He's mediocre at best. You don't need him in defensive situation. We already have Pageau and we want to devellop White to do so as well.

If Brown is kept, he's going to be our #1 option on the PP in not so long, IMO. I would probably go with White taking the faceoff. Tkachuk and White near the net. Brown and Batherson on the wall and Chabot at the point.

Then you can put Anisimov, Ellis, Ryan, Duclair and Brannstrom on the PP2.
Tierney has significant trade value. He should be elevated in the lineup to get his points up then traded for maximum return. Getting Brown more first line icetime in the AHL then they should bring him up once they trade Tierney.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Tierney has significant trade value. He should be elevated in the lineup to get his points up then traded for maximum return. Getting Brown more first line icetime in the AHL then they should bring him up once they trade Tierney.

If they are not to give L.Brown proper offensive minutes and teammate to play these minutes with, I agree.

It's one game, but he looked ready yesterday. I would rather see Duclair-Brown-Batherson in offensive situation while given Pageau and White the defensive situation.

If Brown is ready, we should explore trading Tierney right away. He has value and i cannot see a futur for him here.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If they are not to give L.Brown proper offensive minutes and teammate to play these minutes with, I agree.

It's one game, but he looked ready yesterday. I would rather see Duclair-Brown-Batherson in offensive situation while given Pageau and White the defensive situation.

If Brown is ready, we should explore trading Tierney right away. He has value and i cannot see a futur for him here.
Whats the rush? I dont understand everyones rush, they need to properly manage these assets. This is a throw away season, do people want to win a cup or just throw darts at a board and hope they stick. There is a process to doing this properly.

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Whats the rush? I dont understand everyones rush, they need to properly manage these assets. This is a throw away season, do people want to win a cup or just throw darts at a board and hope they stick. There is a process to doing this properly.
Agreed. I think the way the lines were set up as Bondra mentioned somewhere earlier, that the writing is on the wall for most everyone except a maybe 4th line spot and a 13th forward spot.

I don't think Dorion is going to rush to make moves .. If Brown was undeniably the best player on the ice, that's different.. I think he's got it , I just don't see a spot for him at this time unless they shuffle things around and make one for him. I don't see them doing that. There is still time in training camp and shit happens .. injuries to a player that has a spot up the lineup .. can change things . I'd like to see them give him a chance on the wing in TC with some more established offensive players, Anisimov and Ennis maybe or even with White and Tkachuk he may be able to add a missing ingredient there. Try some things out.

Reactions: bert

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Logan looked a step behind yesterday. I liked anisimov more
And Tierney although not a big goal scorer is a bit underrated round here I think. Still young and potential to take a step offensively this year

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I think you play Tierney as a top 6. Hope he has good production again and flip him at the deadline to make room for a guy like Brown.

It gives you flexibility, and allows you to bring guys at their own pac.e

That said, Brown looked awesome last night. You can tell he's very skilled.

Reactions: Clayonator and bert

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I liked Connor Brown last night. I do think there is a bit of offense there. I do think Tkachuk and White will miss Stone dearly, but Brown is a nice player and will do fine imo. Would be nice to get 50 points from each of those three, not entirely unrealistic I don't think.

Reactions: Clayonator

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Liked:

C.Brown, Jaros, Sabourin surprisingly, Guenette sometimes, L.Brown, Verennau, Ennis, Labrie (he was hitting everything)

Just Ok:

Tkachuk (looked kinda slow), White (won faceoffs buts that's it), Anisimov, Paul

Was Trash:

Boro (Gets embarrassed and walked every shift), Hainsey (Ceci replacement, thankfully it's only until February), Ryan (slow, doesn't do anything anymore, always falling)

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Liked:

C.Brown, Jaros, Sabourin surprisingly, Guenette sometimes, L.Brown, Verennau, Ennis, Labrie (he was hitting everything)

Just Ok:

Tkachuk (looked kinda slow), White (won faceoffs buts that's it), Anisimov, Paul

Was Trash:

Boro (Gets embarrassed and walked every shift), Hainsey (Ceci replacement, thankfully it's only until February), Ryan (slow, doesn't do anything anymore, always falling)

I thought Boro looked good last night. Good positioning on the rush, didn't cough the puck up. I only watched the 1st and a bit of the 3rd.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I don't want him to be rush. But if he win a top 6 spot and show he is ready to contribute and devellop properly, i would rather see him here.

If not, send him back to Belleville for the time he need. Like you said, it's a throw away year.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This guy was playing Rep B in (I wanna say) bantam. Kind of crazy he's even gotten to this level.

It's kinda nice to see these local kids in pre-season. Now if he turns in to Boro 2.0 I'll probably change my tune, but I hope he gets into another game before being sent down.

I was helping coach Kanata when he was trying out as a 16 year old the talent was obvious after her got drafted to the ohl at 15. He played triple A that year I dont think he was playing rep B before. He can actually play too, people act like he is a nobody he played 4 years in the OHL and made the jump to the AHL at 20 years old.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I thought Tkachuk looked good myself. He was the catalyst on the Boro (oops, C.Brown) goal with his neutral zone rush and dish to Brown - he just missed the return feed for a tap in before it went around the boards to the point.

A few times he did exactly what we want which is take the puck to the net hard and cause havoc and then he also had a semi break away while generally being a bit of a pest.

First game of the year, trying out the new body...not bad IMO.

Defensive zone coverage will not get better overnight, especially with so many players looking to get to know each other although it was particularly bad for looong stretches.

Tank season should be assured...let the vets hold the fort one more year, get us some additional picks at the deadline and have the kids grow together in Belleville before a late season reward in Ottawa.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I thought Tkachuk looked good myself. He was the catalyst on the Boro (oops, C.Brown) goal with his neutral zone rush and dish to Brown - he just missed the return feed for a tap in before it went around the boards to the point.

A few times he did exactly what we want which is take the puck to the net hard and cause havoc and then he also had a semi break away while generally being a bit of a pest.

First game of the year, trying out the new body...not bad IMO.

Defensive zone coverage will not get better overnight, especially with so many players looking to get to know each other although it was particularly bad for looong stretches.

Tank season should be assured...let the vets hold the fort one more year, get us some additional picks at the deadline and have the kids grow together in Belleville before a late season reward in Ottawa.

It truly looks like management is taking this approach based on the lines. Thank goodness.... With the Chabot contract I feel like I am getting trolled. They appear to know what they are doing...

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I was helping coach Kanata when he was trying out as a 16 year old the talent was obvious after her got drafted to the ohl at 15. He played triple A that year I dont think he was playing rep B before. He can actually play too, people act like he is a nobody he played 4 years in the OHL and made the jump to the AHL at 20 years old.

It could've been major Peewee, but I was helping coach the Orleans Blues one year and it's definitely the same guy. He obviously worked his way up quick from that point, but it's still kind of cool to see one of those kids "make it".

I also think it's easy for stat watchers to write this guy off as some kind of goon, but the guy is just what it takes to stick around. He's certainly no AHL goon of the past who could barely skate and was only around to punch people, the guy can play. Hopefully he sticks with Belleville, it'll be nice to have another name to follow other than the "real" prospects.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It could've been major Peewee, but I was helping coach the Orleans Blues one year and it's definitely the same guy. He obviously worked his way up quick from that point, but it's still kind of cool to see one of those kids "make it".

I also think it's easy for stat watchers to write this guy off as some kind of goon, but the guy is just what it takes to stick around. He's certainly no AHL goon of the past who could barely skate and was only around to punch people, the guy can play. Hopefully he sticks with Belleville, it'll be nice to have another name to follow other than the "real" prospects.

Well he played for D.J in Oshawa so there is some familiarity. He is a modern 'tough guy' he can skate well for a guy his size he can also handle and shoot a puck pretty well playing in the role. I think he will be the physical presence in Belleville which will be needed with so many young skilled players. He knows his role and if the sens need toughness/physicality at some point this season I wouldnt be suprised if he gets called up.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I liked Connor Brown last night. I do think there is a bit of offense there. I do think Tkachuk and White will miss Stone dearly, but Brown is a nice player and will do fine imo. Would be nice to get 50 points from each of those three, not entirely unrealistic I don't think.

Id rather see Batherson or Duclair there, Brown is a grinder I dont think he thinks elite level offense. He would be good in a shut down role with Pageau.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad