Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Leafs | Preseason game #2 | Wed. Sept. 18 7:30PM @ CTC

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Matthews is such a ******bag no wonder Leafs fans love him.

What's funny is that all of his famous hijinks took place in games his team lost to the Sens.

He's got a lot of talent but it's time for him to focus on the big picture.

His salary has crippled the team so he's got to step up into that Crosby / Malkin territory to make it cost-effective.

He's still a kid. You'd never see Sundin doing that kind of thing.

I'd make Tavares the Captain personally. Let Matthews grow up a bit without that additional pressure.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Felt like we were desperately missing Chabot in that third period. Someone who could carry the puck out of our zone. And I think once the season starts we're gonna feel Wolanin's absence pretty hard too.

Reactions: Xspyrit

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Felt like we were desperately missing Chabot in that third period. Someone who could carry the puck out of our zone. And I think once the season starts we're gonna feel Wolanin's absence pretty hard too.

We are going to be heavily outgunned in a lot of games this year.

You may see some supernatural goaltending performances as a result.

And some really ugly games.

bigfatfist

Apr 17, 2012
What's funny is that all of his famous hijinks took place in games his team lost to the Sens.

He's got a lot of talent but it's time for him to focus on the big picture.

His salary has crippled the team so he's got to step up into that Crosby / Malkin territory to make it cost-effective.

He's still a kid. You'd never see Sundin doing that kind of thing.

I'd make Tavares the Captain personally. Let Matthews grow up a bit without that additional pressure.

Matthews will be injured by January and fighting with Babcock by May.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Reactions: Tuna99 and Senscore

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
In all seriousness, who looked good ? I could not watch.

I thought Logan B. looked better than Connor B. even though Connor B. scored 2 goals.
I like the veteran line of Ennis, AA and Bobby.
White was great on faceoffs. We're going to need that this year.
Tkachuk spent more time on the ice than on his skates.
Jaros had a very good game on the blueline
I'm scared to think Borowiecki will play more mins/game this season.
Both goalies were sharp.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
In all seriousness, who looked good ? I could not watch.
The goalies, Ennis, Anisimov were probably the best Sens. Logan Brown had some moments. Thought the top line really struggled, Tkachuk in particular. I hope they replace Brown on that line with someone who can skate.

I agree with FQL. Ennis and Anisimov were the best forwards. White had a decent game defensively. Good in the dot. Tkachuk took a couple pucks to the crease and had a breakaway.. Something just seemed off. They did not get much going. C. Brown had 2 goals a tip that went off him and an empty netter but I don't think he is what White and Tkachuk need ... but they are getting used to each other still. I think Ennis would be better with them based on tonight's game. I don't think he stood out in a good way.
Logan Brown isn't getting lots of chance to showcase his offensive skills other than on the PP where he is one of the better players the Sens have suited to making plays. He struggled in the dot 17% and never faced Matthews or Nylander. For comparison White was 68% 6/10 vs Mattews.
Nick Paul .. didn't stand out
Veronneau scored and was noticeable but not often
On D Jaros was the best.. Guennette did well enough for a first game. Played over 18 minutes
Anderson played very well for 2 periods
Gus played the 3rd and was good
Lots of play in the Sens end *Too much.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He's noticeably the worst skater on the ice at all times in a preseason game though. Dude is washed. He's gonna get lit up this year unless he has several more gears. Its pretty damn similar to Oduya.

I'm not looking for excuses for Hainsey here, but it is possible that as a 38 year old professional athlete, he's conserving his old man energy exclusively for the regular season.

Preseason games are usually more of a nuisance than anything for guys of his vintage. That being said - he's probably still slow AF, lol... But maybe not THAT slow.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Who is that guy who fought Harpur and body checked a lot of people? I want to get his jersey.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I agree with FQL. Ennis and Anisimov were the best forwards. White had a decent game defensively. Good in the dot. Tkachuk took a couple pucks to the crease and had a breakaway.. Something just seemed off. They did not get much going. C. Brown had 2 goals a tip that went off him and an empty netter but I don't think he is what White and Tkachuk need ... but they are getting used to each other still. I think Ennis would be better with them based on tonight's game. I don't think he stood out in a good way.
Logan Brown isn't getting lots of chance to showcase his offensive skills other than on the PP where he is one of the better players the Sens have suited to making plays. He struggled in the dot 17% and never faced Matthews or Nylander. For comparison White was 68% 6/10 vs Mattews.
Nick Paul .. didn't stand out
Veronneau scored and was noticeable but not often
On D Jaros was the best.. Guennette did well enough for a first game. Played over 18 minutes
Anderson played very well for 2 periods
Gus played the 3rd and was good
Lots of play in the Sens end *Too much.
Yeah, Jaros was real solid.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
All the dudes saying we were going to miss the playoffs seem awful quiet right about now

We're very, very, very likely going to miss the playoffs.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I'm just trying to be realistic. I'd love nothing more than to get swept up in the thrill of young kids and beating Toronto, but it's just fool's gold.

This is preseason. These games mean nothing. Brandon Bochenski.

Reactions: Blotto71

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
All the dudes saying we were going to miss the playoffs seem awful quiet right about now

I can't imagine us making the playoffs. We beat the Leafs in a preseason game and looked bad doing it. Obviously some bright spots, but this team doesn't give me huge confidence. Unless the goaltenders stand on their heads, then ya never know!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I saw a few things from Brown with the puck on his stick that were pretty sweet but I think he needs to up the pace and intensity.

The AA Ryan Ennis line was interesting. Ennis is going to look good I think. Definite upgrade on some of the bottom 6 dogs we've had the past two years.

White looked great

Hard to criticize the D. We only had 3 nhl D dressed and that's counting Boro as an NHL d

Anderson looked really good which us a bonus

The rink was pretty empty. Too many Matthew's jerseys.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yo guenette a steak?

Edit: steal

I wouldn’t be shocked if Guenette develops into a Lajoie type prospect

Trade Tierney,put Pageau on fourth and Brown with Duclair and Batherson

Nothing against Tierney but I had him as the odd man out for a while; because of the glut of prospects coming up and also because his value is at its highest

Reactions: Viletho

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5