• Habs

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • Sens

Votes: 101 71.1%

• Total voters

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Close race but I’ll give the W to the Sens. Much more high-end players.

Last edited:

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Easy to make this comment. So enlighten us : what should be the comparisons then?

Suzuki vs Pinto? But then Stutzle vs who?

And if in these comparisons, the MTL guy is superior, please come up with factual arguments. I am ALL HEARS, this is exactly what I have asked.

I didn't do that exactly for this reason, to NOT come up with those stupid baseless empty statements you see all the time on the internet. If I say something it's because I have made some research and I am able to build a factual argument. The scholar way vs internet lol

You were invited to come up with arguments. But as usual, people who write like you have nothing to say so it's going to die right there. GG
If every single OTT guy is clearly better, then explain how the Sens only finished with two more points than MTL in the standings, despite the Habs having another disastrous season in the injuries department?

Who is doing all the heavy lifting on the Habs? Matheson? Gallagher? Montembeault and his .903 save-percentage? 😂

GG

Reactions: dukeofjive

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If every single OTT guy is clearly better, then explain how the Sens only finished with two more points than MTL in the standings, despite the Habs having another disastrous season in the injuries department?

Who is doing all the heavy lifting on the Habs? Matheson? Gallagher? Montembeault and his .903 save-percentage? 😂

GG

If Montreal is so close to Ottawa, how have they lost to the Senators 9 times in a row?

Unsurprisingly, you are seemingly unaware of Ottawa’s roster problems this past season as well, which lines up well with your “takes” on Stutzle and Spezza.

Montembault would have probably made a difference given the state of Ottawa goaltending.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
If Montreal is so close to Ottawa, how have they lost to the Senators 9 times in a row?

Unsurprisingly, you are seemingly unaware of Ottawa’s roster problems this past season as well, which lines up well with your “takes” on Stutzle and Spezza.
I’m ready to hear the mental gymnastics. Go on.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

GG

Why do some people need to be explained absolutely everything? What is the subject of this poll? When someone asks me a question about music, I don't answer talking about sports. You reverting to a "standings" argument shows how quickly you get lost, even in a simple conversation like this

This is exactly like I predicted in my previous post, you have no substance.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Why do some people need to be explained absolutely everything? What is the subject of this poll? When someone asks me a question about music, I don't answer talking about sports. You reverting to a "standings" argument shows how quickly you get lost, even in a simple conversation like this

This is exactly like I predicted in my previous post, you have no substance.
Nope, you just aren’t able to defend your positions, and you can’t handle your opinions being criticized, so you’ve resorted to ad hominem tactics. It’s how most posters on this site operate, so I’m not surprised.

Reactions: Habano

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Nope, you just aren’t able to defend your positions, and you can’t handle your opinions being criticized, so you’ve resorted to ad hominem tactics. It’s how most posters on this site operate, so I’m not surprised.

Dear mother of... are you even for real? :laugh:

My positions are already set, you haven't come up with anything of substance to start a debate. You just came up with a vague generic comment that a brainless zombie could have made.

You really don't get it, don't you? I am generous so instead of just laughing my way to the bank, I'll give you another chance. Answer these :

- What should be the comparisons then?
- If you want to keep the comparisons I have made, please come up with factual arguments as to why the MTL guy is superior

It is not rocket science, the "burden of proof" is on you. Doh

Reactions: xVolchenkov

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sens, their guys have produced more and we've seen what most if not all of them can be.

There's a lot of question marks for the Habs prospects.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Dear mother of... are you even for real? :laugh:

My positions are already set, you haven't come up with anything of substance to start a debate. You just came up with a vague generic comment that a brainless zombie could have made.

You really don't get it, don't you? I am generous so instead of just laughing my way to the bank, I'll give you another chance. Answer these :

- What should be the comparisons then?
- If you want to keep the comparisons I have made, please come up with factual arguments as to why the MTL guy is superior

It is not rocket science, the "burden of proof" is on you. Doh
It has to be black and white (you picking all Sens and me picking all Habs) or else you can’t act outraged, right? 😂.

And I never said I had an issue with the comparisons themselves. I took issue with the fact that you picked the Sens guy in every single one, which it isn’t at all clear enough to arrive at that result, unless you’re incredibly biased, which you are.

Like I said, if you were just gonna pick the Sens guy every time, you could’ve just said “Sens AINEC”, instead of saying just that in a drawn out, long-winded way.

Btw, you “proved” nothing, and none of your positions have anything to do with “logic”. It’s just your (biased) opinions, so don’t act like they are fact. That was the whole point that apparently went over your head.

Reactions: Habano

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It has to be black and white (you picking all Sens and me picking all Habs) or else you can’t act outraged, right? 😂.

And I never said I had an issue with the comparisons themselves. I took issue with the fact that you picked the Sens guy in every single one, which it isn’t at all clear enough to arrive at that result, unless you’re incredibly biased, which you are.

Like I said, if you were just gonna pick the Sens guy every time, you could’ve just said “Sens AINEC”, instead of saying just that in a drawn out, long-winded way.

Btw, you “proved” nothing, and none of your positions have anything to do with “logic”. It’s just your (biased) opinions, so don’t act like they are fact. That was the whole point that apparently went over your head.

I didn't even do that. Sometimes I asked a question, sometimes I used IF (which is probably way too sophisticated for you anyway), etc.

But seriously, I don't have any time to waste. I am interested to know who you'd pick and why and that's it. I don't care about the rest of the crap you're saying

But seriously, I was hoping going into a debate with a more level-headed poster. All you can do is say "you're biased" lol

If you're not answering the questions and prove that you have absolutely no idea how to turn this into a factual debate, I'm not even going to bother answering. Enough time wasted already

Reactions: xVolchenkov

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Zub vs Reinbacher : Reinbacher could end up quite better but Zub is a great defensive D-man so will have to wait on that one as well.
Lol
I understand that beating the rebuilding Montreal Canadiens 9 times in a row is the biggest thing to celebrate since your Cinderella run nearly a decade ago, but that's not how it works. Montreal was close to Ottawa last year in the standings which means they are close to each other. And that's with Ottawa basically having all of their top guys graduate while Reinbacher/Hutson/Mailloux have 3 NHL games combined so far.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I understand that beating the rebuilding Montreal Canadiens 9 times in a row is the biggest thing to celebrate since your Cinderella run nearly a decade ago, but that's not how it works.

Why would I celebrate beating a rebuilding team 9 times in a row?

You'd think they would accidentally win a game at some point though.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Why would I celebrate beating a rebuilding team 9 times in a row?

You'd think they would accidentally win a game at some point.
Because it’s the thing you all always bring up proudly as if it’s a major franchise accomplishment. How many times did the Canucks beat the oilers in a row? What good has that done them?

There are 30 other teams, your record against one team means absolutely nothing in terms of standings. If the Sens can beat the powerhouse Habs 9 times in a row, why can’t they beat other teams more? If it’s because the Habs are so much worse than all those other teams, then why were we only 2 points apart? Habs were comparable to the Sens despite not having two of the best prospects in the league not graduated yet.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Because it’s the thing you all always bring up proudly as if it’s a major franchise accomplishment. How many times did the Canucks beat the oilers in a row? What good has that done them?

It's just a fact, that's all. It will end eventually. Not sure why you get so worked up about it.

There are 30 other teams, your record against one team means absolutely nothing in terms of standings. If the Sens can beat the powerhouse Habs 9 times in a row, why can’t they beat other teams more? If it’s because the Habs are so much worse than all those other teams, then why were we only 2 points apart? Habs were comparable to the Sens despite not having two of the best prospects in the league not graduated yet.

I guess we'll find out this season.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Sens are clearly better. Montreal has the potential to catch up with their elite prospect pool but that’s never a sure thing

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $10,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4