Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Chicago, Thursday 7:30 pm (Home Opener)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Oh but I do. A lot of people bashing others for going to games because they have nothing but financial boycott on their minds. You can keep that in the boycott thread. This is game day thread.

Great point. It would be nice to stick to hockey discussions in one thread.

Reactions: Clayonator

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
No, he likes paying customers. We aren't the problem. We aren't the fans he talked about in December 2017.

You are.
The problem is Melnyk.

But I do find it humorous that you're proud of Melnyk "liking" you for buying his product. Congrats.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ya I agree but if people are gonna come in virtue signalling and say how proud they are to support a ****show and how much better of a fan they are, then I mean you gotta expect some blowback. You're looking for a response at that point.

All they said was that they were excited to go . You and others bashed them over it. You interpreted as them saying they were a better fan. Nothing of the sort was said.

[Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Ya lets talk hockey. Lets cheer on Zack Smith as 2nd line C, our Karlsson return on the 4th line and bottom pairing, with our two star forwards on expiring deals.

What a #team lmao

How about talk about some of our young talent on the team like Chabot, White, Tkachuk, Formenton and Lajoie? And how about the ones coming soon like Jaros, Chlapik, Brown, Batherson and Balcers?

Btw Tierney won’t be on the 4th line for long. That’s not what he is and Guy knows it. I understand it from the standpoint of spreading everything as evenly as possible with Tkachuk out. Similar idea with the D pairings. See? It’s not that difficult.

Reactions: Xspyrit

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Nothing wrong with going to the games and tuning out all the other noise, but it's a double edge sword of supporting the man responsible for ruining the product.

It feels so cyclical at this point. Why get excited for the kids we're going to ship out as soon as they want market value?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Couldn't say it better myself so I'll just quote it:

Anyone who chooses to boycott should do just that without criticism. As should any who choose to continue supporting the team.

Now, let's all heed these wise words in this thread and any other GDT or PGT, there are other places where debating the merits of boycotting was done, and after 2000 posts I'm pretty sure everyone has made their opinions know.

Thanks.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Now, let's all heed these wise words in this thread and any other GDT or PGT, there are other places where debating the merits of boycotting was done, and after 2000 posts I'm pretty sure everyone has made their opinions know.

Thanks.

I disagree entirely. This will be an ongoing subject and there should be no restrictions on where we can discuss the state of the franchise.

Runback

Jul 26, 2014

Thanks.

Thank you. I agree "entirely'. Really pumped about the future of these young players and the Sens.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I disagree entirely. This will be an ongoing subject and there should be no restrictions on where we can discuss the state of the franchise.

threads have topics, offtopic posting isn't allowed. The state of the franchise by the way has nothing to do with your position on boycotting or not. We pretty much know everyone's position at this point, so calling people out on not adhering to your personal take on whether to boycott or not doesn't even work in that context. it's pretty much just trolling.

Edit: Just to be clear, off topic posts, including crapping on people who boycott, or those who don't and discussion about the merits of doing so, will be deleted as off-topic. Repeat offenders will receive warnings

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
As I don’t think that the talent is any better than last year, I don’t expect the team to be very successful in the standings this year. I do hope that the players find a common cause to rally around and try hard every game. No blow-outs loses please. Good luck boys, may the red light shine for you!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
STHs get an extra pair of free tickets apparently. Putting more bums in the seats. Generating excitement. I think its a good idea

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
As I don’t think that the talent is any better than last year, I don’t expect the team to be very successful in the standings this year. I do hope that the players find a common cause to rally around and try hard every game. No blow-outs loses please. Good luck boys, may the red light shine for you!
I think it's pretty likely that blow out loses will be pretty common place for this season. That's to be expected with a 37 year old starter and a defense who's second highest paid player is Dion Phaneuf who plays for another organization. Some of the guys who get regular shifts here are absolute disasters out there.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think it's pretty likely that blow out loses will be pretty common place for this season. That's to be expected with a 37 year old starter and a defense who's second highest paid player is Dion Phaneuf who plays for another organization. Some of the guys who get regular shifts here are absolute disasters out there.
The defense is going to be a mess fromtop to bottom. I don't see any way we can overcome the lack of talent and inexperience back there.

Reactions: lancepitlick

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The defense is going to be a mess fromtop to bottom. I don't see any way we can overcome the lack of talent and inexperience back there.
I think it would require Chabot to become Norris calibre, Lajoie to have a season where he's a very steady top 4 guy and Wideman having a big year on the PP (40-50 points).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Games against deep teams are going to be ugly. Road games against those teams will be uglier.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think it would require Chabot to become Norris calibre, Lajoie to have a season where he's a very steady top 4 guy and Wideman having a big year on the PP (40-50 points).
Yeesh, thats a lot hanging in the "hope" realm.

I think it'll take more than just Lajoie as the young guy, they'll need another one like Jaros or Wolanin to come in at some point and supplant guys like Boro, Wideman (at 5v5) and to a lesser extent, Ceci. We know what they are, and they won't magically succeed as they're shoved in to a bigger role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad