OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I am rubbing salt into a wound, I get it, But I am trying hard not to overly pile on.

You got screwed twice... Grandma and Grandpa did not leave you a dime, Mom and Dad will not leave you a dime...

AND.. all the government spending on them the last 60 years, has meant debts and broke government. And that money will come from your hide.

anyone born 1970 onwards is getting hit with enough lefts and rights, they will be begging to get kicked, just for a change.

As I answered earlier that it's more depending on the couple, when it comes to inheritance...and not how rich they are as my grandparents were poor, but it was about how important was it to leave things for your kids.

Where I agree so much is the government spending and the economy in general.

You have inflation rising faster than salaries...you have debt growing at insane speeds...

This can't go on for ever. There will be a breaking point. Just have no idea how that will happen.

Reactions: BigRig4

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Because a lot of cottages for people who aren't super wealthy tend to be older and built by the owners. They also tend to have very large lots that need to be maintained.
When I was growing up I always associated going to the cottage as a step above camping because ours is a structure that was built by my grandfather and a couple buddies while half in the bag in the 60s.

Lakewater plumbing so no potable water, used an outhouse, bathed in the lake with biodegradable soap, no TV, no AC and it's not winterized.

I never really saw it as luxurious, but I am incredibly grateful to be able to fish and swim in a lake that's within an hour of the city.

And then ive been to some people's in the middle of January where we'd take a dip in the hot tub and then a joint in the sauna before we all sat down and streamed a movie on the Smart TV. Some people's "cottages" are just bougie second homes on the water.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
As I answered earlier that it's more depending on the couple, when it comes to inheritance...and not how rich they are as my grandparents were poor, but it was about how important was it to leave things for your kids.

You have inflation rising faster than salaries...you have debt growing at insane speeds...

This can't go on for ever. There will be a breaking point. Just have no idea how that will happen.
Now more than ever. Our children are going to have it hard, not finding a livable wage, as Canada is quickly getting old and they are going to make a killing replacing the aging population, but home ownership is going to be tough…

mysens

Apr 9, 2013

Don't forget the new added capital gain tax when you want to transfer the cottage owner deeds. This country is borderline third world. In fact, while traveling this summer in Italy, the populous there, once they hear I am from Canada, all ask what the hell is going on in your country,.you have crime rates higher than the most dangerous places in the world and why are you guys paying some tax to clean your air....the world is howling at us.

Reactions: Masked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad