OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Well, the points you made weren't particularly relevant. Its not like baseball is only played in America and Japan, they could have completed left out the regions where the sports are popular with no real impact.

There's certainly questions as to how they came to the numbers, which I pointed out, in my response, it's a discussion board and I'm discussing, sorry that you are so sensitive to having your position critiqued..

Ok, so my kids play baseball and soccer, but don't follow any teams. Are they fans of the sport? I don't follow any NFL teams but get together with friends to watch games. Am I a fan of the sport even if I'm not a fan of any particular team?

I think it's being lose with the term fan, but that's fine when identifying the popularity of a sport rather than a team.
Where in my post does it show I am sensitive? Because you are looking to start an argument because you can't get over the fact you can't use auto correct as an excuse and got laughed at is not my problem.

• Haha
Reactions: Micklebot

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
I have taken to riding my steel bike with 30 mm, knobby tyres, meant for cyclocross. Even then, I get flats. The roads are terrible.

So, last weekend, I decided to take my time trial bike out. It is old, 650 c tires (roughly 25" dia). Tyres for them are exclusively 23-25 mm, slicks. Risky.. but fun, I can hit, 50 kmh. Which for a 60 year old is joy. but you feel every indentation in the road. And these roads are bad.

Around Earl Armstrong and up River, towards Hunt Club... Wah, the shape River road was in..

So, I get brave again this Saturday and repeat the loop.. They have patched River road.. I mean, one patch after another. Cheap mix of asphalt and polymer additives that dries to create a bond.. You can buy the stuff at Home Depot, My neioghbour and I repaired our driveway earlier that Saturday.

The patches, which are in the dozens, many cover 2-3 M of length and across the entire street, stick up about 1/2" to 1"...

And these patches only fixed about 50% of all damage.

Now here is the beauty... I worked for the owners of a company that produces the stuff (In a different department and on a different product line)... SURFACE patching does not work... It is like painting over rotted wood. It does not hold.

And.. we have winter, the most destructive beast. And we have snow ploughs. Driven at 60-80 kmh and with shovels that are steel and will plane everything below them. They will lift the patches.

And since about 50% of all damage was repaired, holes and cracks will still fill up with water, then freeze and the crack and damage grows worse.

DON'T accept this folks. THIS IS YOUR CITY. your cars. It will be your cars damaged. It is your neighbourhoods that deteriorate.

Patch work is what 3rd world nations and Quebec does!!! DON'T ACCEPT IT.

I dropped $500 in 1996 on a damaged wheel, after I hit a pot hole on the HWY 40 (Quebec's portion of the 401). That is $1000 in today's dollars.

Pot holes, indentations, crevasses are nucleation zones for ice. Black ice.. You skid, you get into an accident. You get injured or die.

I have seen this city decay something awful in the 25 years of living here. From a beautifully manicured, well cared for city, to a patched streets and uncared for environment. It has gone from being a Hamlet, to being borderline 3rd world!!!

Don't accept. Don't sit ideally by!!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Renting a cottage? How gauche!
I love renting. I have so many properties, it is just the business that I am in, that the last thing I want is another property to own and look after. I love renting for a week, get my fill, and drop off the keys.

Same with any vacation properties. Friends of mine have places in Florida, really nice, but I have the same argument for those as well. I will gladly rent and give back the headache. Never wanted anything to tie me down and not go somewhere else because I haven't gone to the cottage enough...of course those passed through generations is a different story

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad