OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
We complain about inflation... Here is a suggestion. Stop consuming. Lower demand. It will cause over supply and a collapse in pricing.

Walk more and watch gas prices collapse.

Here’s a suggestion, have the people in charge of printing more money, and increasing the total amount of money in the system, which ends up with more money chasing the finite amount of “goods” in the market, and artificially increasing the demand ( and price ) for the “goods” change their policy?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Shapiro and Atkins have destroyed the Jays. Nice work on renovations in Dunedain and Toronto, great facilities...but man did they misfire on the roster.
Was in the ball park in Dunedin this past March…. Nice facility but has one major flaw, the concourse is below the stands, and if you go for some beverages, or any food, you can’t keep an eye on the game….. the Phillies ballpark, in the Tampa area has an open concourse between the upper and lower stands, so you still see the field.

The new style draught beer dispensers at the BJs ballpark, in Dunedin are outstanding!

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I haven't seen it, but all indications were that it was a turn off your brain action movie, no?
Absolutely. Not a problem for me, as I have so frequently demonstrated.

Was in the ball park in Dunedin this past March…. Nice facility but has one major flaw, the concourse is below the stands, and if you go for some beverages, or any food, you can’t keep an eye on the game….. the Phillies ballpark, in the Tampa area has an open concourse between the upper and lower stands, so you still see the field.

The new style draught beer dispensers at the BJs ballpark, in Dunedin are outstanding!

Definitely a place I want to visit one day - did they have monitors up at least?

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Here’s a suggestion, have the people in charge of printing more money, and increasing the total amount of money in the system, which ends up with more money chasing the finite amount of “goods” in the market, and artificially increasing the demand ( and price ) for the “goods” change their policy?
true, but that would require a brain in peoples heads. I learned a long time ago, never wish for the impossible.

asking people to refrain is just as bad, now that I think about it. So, withdrawn.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Hope your landlord jumped on this right away. If you have any part of the rental that you cannot use due to the leak and mess, make sure you ask for an abatement of rent relative to the room/rooms not able to use.
Annoying thing is the landlord is super hands-off. Didn't tell us that there is a condocorp (we live in a townhouse apartment) that can provide us with info on garbage day, visitor parking, getting additional parking garage fobs, our bike storage unit, our regular storage unit. No contact info, doesn't respond to my gf and only responds to me, and won't even tell us when to expect utilities bills.

The place is nice because we can walk to lakeshore and avoid the nastiness of DT toronto, but flippin hell was it annoying having to explain to the superintender who came over to take of how much in the dark we are (literally and figuratively lol)

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Annoying thing is the landlord is super hands-off. Didn't tell us that there is a condocorp (we live in a townhouse apartment) that can provide us with info on garbage day, visitor parking, getting additional parking garage fobs, our bike storage unit, our regular storage unit. No contact info, doesn't respond to my gf and only responds to me, and won't even tell us when to expect utilities bills.

The place is nice because we can walk to lakeshore and avoid the nastiness of DT toronto, but flippin hell was it annoying having to explain to the superintender who came over to take of how much in the dark we are (literally and figuratively lol)
Yep, sounds like the "new age" landlord. Have money to invest and the condo was the best avenue. He will not take any responsibilities of being a landlord as it is not easy being one. Everyone aspires to be a landlord as they think they can park their money for growth and wash their hands, only to realize its brutally tough, especially when you encounter a non-paying rentor. Send this guy a note with a few quotes from the Landlord and Tenant Board on the obligations and responsibilities of a landlord. This could rattle him a bit.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
With the Paris Olympics are around the corner, various media outlets have been doing reports.

Yesterday took the cake. The Mayor of Paris went for a swim in the Seine to show it is safe. There have been concerns over its cleanliness. Bacteria count and crud in there is a concern.

Here is the doozy: there was talk of canceling the swim part of the triathlon.

Do you think that they know that the tri part of triathlon is 3... as in 3 legs. Swim, bike, run.

How the bleep do you cancel one of the legs?

I cannot wait until they have the diving competitions and declare no water in the pool. But the competition will go one anyway.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yep, sounds like the "new age" landlord. Have money to invest and the condo was the best avenue. He will not take any responsibilities of being a landlord as it is not easy being one. Everyone aspires to be a landlord as they think they can park their money for growth and wash their hands, only to realize its brutally tough, especially when you encounter a non-paying rentor. Send this guy a note with a few quotes from the Landlord and Tenant Board on the obligations and responsibilities of a landlord. This could rattle him a bit.
I had a similar experience with my old landlords... first-timers, and they waited until a leak in the kitchen turned into a full-on re-build due to water damage despite repeated requests for action. So frustrating, and so far from a hands-off job that I wonder who in hell was advising them. Sad that it seems more common than not nowadays.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I really wanna be a dick and just not pay rent until he decides to start texting us and realize he needs to communicate. The landlord board is a shit show and even if he wants us out, can't do it easily, but I don't want to become "that guy".

It's just annoying and I hope I can get communication sooner than later

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I really wanna be a dick and just not pay rent until he decides to start texting us and realize he needs to communicate. The landlord board is a shit show and even if he wants us out, can't do it easily, but I don't want to become "that guy".

put a stop on next months rent until he contacts you.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
What the f*** is wrong with this site where the scroll bar disappears and now i have to f***ing refresh the whole page just to be able to scroll up or down?

First it was this site took so long to load on certain pages and now i can no longer scroll up or down.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is this a google chrome issue?

Reactions: Loach

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
What the f*** is wrong with this site where the scroll bar disappears and now i have to f***ing refresh the whole page just to be able to scroll up or down?

First it was this site took so long to load on certain pages and now i can no longer scroll up or down.

I find this site the absolute worst in terms of pop-up adds. It slows everything right down, to the point my iPhone heats up astronomically

Beech

Nov 25, 2020

bic,

be careful in what you do.

there is the legal and the "angry". You risk things like credit damage. It would make future borrowing difficult.

So, don't with hold payments unless advised by a true legal counselor.

Spend a few moments on the NET, find agencies in Ontario or specifically in Toronto that can guide you on renters rights.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa

Yeah i have noticed that in Firefox too the last couple of days. This is the site that finally got me to download an adblocker many years ago cause they were so intrusive. Every now and then i remove it wanting to help out. But then it gets so disrespectful i have to put it back on.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Mysens had the most sensible suggestion, definitely don't stop paying rent, that kind of escalation just gives him cause for action against you (like getting you evicted) and would be incredibly short sighted.

Send a email, or letter with quotes of their obligations referencing the RTA, maybe indicate that if you don't receive a response prior to x date, you will be escalating to the Landlord and Tenants Board.

Unfortunately, from what I understand the response time from the LTB is super long, so while the threat of going to them might get the landlord to act, if he doesn't it probably will take a while to get anywhere. .

Reactions: coladin

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
bic,

be careful in what you do.

there is the legal and the "angry". You risk things like credit damage. It would make future borrowing difficult.

So, don't with hold payments unless advised by a true legal counselor.

Spend a few moments on the NET, find agencies in Ontario or specifically in Toronto that can guide you on renters rights.

Mysens had the most sensible suggestion, definitely don't stop paying rent, that kind of escalation just gives him cause for action against you (like getting you evicted) and would be incredibly short sighted.

Send a email, or letter with quotes of their obligations referencing the RTA, maybe indicate that if you don't receive a response prior to x date, you will be escalating to the Landlord and Tenants Board.

Unfortunately, from what I understand the response time from the LTB is super long, so while the threat of going to them might get the landlord to act, if he doesn't it probably will take a while to get anywhere. .

I appreciate the feedback. I was just venting. I don't have the energy to contribute to a toxic landlord-renant relationship. Won't withhold rent or anything, even if there's not much harm he can do back because of our wonderfully funded LTB

I've been a landlord before when managing a property for my parents and the experience was dope. I always made welcome packages for tenants (students at a uni), and just found that talking it out and tryna communicate as much as possible was always best practice.

Even other landlords I've had just do the bare minimum of communicating, just this current one is a bit of a ghost. I reached out to my realtor who reached out to his realtor and that finally got some action going and there's an electrician making sure everything is safe after the leak damages as I type.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I find this site the absolute worst in terms of pop-up adds. It slows everything right down, to the point my iPhone heats up astronomically

This site once caused my phone to crash to the point where i had to restart it. Lol

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I appreciate the feedback. I was just venting. I don't have the energy to contribute to a toxic landlord-renant relationship. Won't withhold rent or anything, even if there's not much harm he can do back because of our wonderfully funded LTB

I've been a landlord before when managing a property for my parents and the experience was dope. I always made welcome packages for tenants (students at a uni), and just found that talking it out and tryna communicate as much as possible was always best practice.

Even other landlords I've had just do the bare minimum of communicating, just this current one is a bit of a ghost. I reached out to my realtor who reached out to his realtor and that finally got some action going and there's an electrician making sure everything is safe after the leak damages as I type.
It costs very litte to file a T1 application, and regardless of when the hearing comes, the guy won't want to be inconvenienced with the bullshit. it will absolutely get his attention. You can send a nicely emailed warning, remind him to heed the warning, and follow up with action. It is the best 50$ you will ever spend if you file an application. 99% of the time, the guy will smarten up.

Take this from a LTB expert.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I hope everyone takes a warm weather as an opportunity to go to the dog park as many times as possible if its not raining.

Took both my dogs to a huge dog park and probably got in 10k+ steps and had two tired pooches that were snoring when we got home. Was an amazing weekend because of it

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad