Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thinking it may be time to take our cup back ,and open up some sort of museum,in the new arena.. About the history of our city and its role in starting up the league that would become the NHL...Toronto has had it long enough
I went to the museum where they had all the heads and arms from the statues that are in all the other museums. Steven Wright

Grizwald

Dec 19, 2017
Pretty lousy examples. Everyone here thinks Melnyk is a meanie and he hurts their precious feelings. Cry me a river pal. OSEG destroyed families, put people out of business , forced people to lay off workers.

All of a sudden, your examples look kind of pathetic. [mod]

Melnyk has never hurt my feelings, far from it…lol

And whether you like it or not, OSEG's reputation in Ottawa far exceeds Melnyk's reputation.

And If these vicious allegations you spout regarding OSEG are indeed true then they should be proven in a court of law because unfortunately your credibility and bias doesn't hold a whole lot of water. The SEC at least proved that Melnyk, besides being a 'meanie', is also a financial fraud. Not surprising considering Menlyk took the golden goose price he paid to buy the SENS and mismanaged his way into oblivion.

But, if or when the day comes and it's proven in court that OSEG has reneged on numerous contractual obligations and "destroyed families", then of course my opinion will change - I stopped going to Renegades games because of the Glieberman's shenanigans.

Until that day comes, though, Go RedBlacks!

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Melnyk has never hurt my feelings, far from it…lol

And whether you like it or not, OSEG's reputation in Ottawa far exceeds Melnyk's reputation.

And If these vicious allegations you spout regarding OSEG are indeed true then they should be proven in a court of law because unfortunately your credibility and bias doesn't hold a whole lot of water. The SEC at least proved that Melnyk, besides being a 'meanie', is also a financial fraud. Not surprising considering Menlyk took the golden goose price he paid to buy the SENS and mismanaged his way into oblivion.

But, when the day comes and it's proven in court that OSEG has reneged on numerous contractual obligations and "destroyed families", then of course my opinion will change - I stopped going to Renegades games because of the Glieberman's shenanigans.

Until that day comes, though, Go RedBlacks!

Someone already provided a link from a Citizen article to a story about it. Read it and draw your own conclusions. I know the McKellars from Amtech. They speak the truth among others. And they are all in court.

This is a major derailment and I won't speak of this anymore. I have made my point about it and basically establishing how whether you are Melnyk or Greenberg, business is business.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Hey Tuna99. ....it's 1:17am in ottawa, but it is 7:17am in Italy. All you have to do is add 6 hours to Ottawa time and it gives you the difference in time zones. Don't forget to add it as it is six hours ahead! Go ahead, give it a try. I am having my coffee before I head out the gym in Italy. Lots of very beautifully tanned people here. So far, while wearing my Sens cap, I have been approached by a Maple Leaf fan and he thinks the sens fans are ridiculous with their demands. He said the senators team should get new fans. Pretty funny.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Hey Tuna99. ....it's 1:17am in ottawa, but it is 7:17am in Italy. All you have to do is add 6 hours to Ottawa time and it gives you the difference in time zones. Don't forget to add it as it is six hours ahead! Go ahead, give it a try. I am having my coffee before I head out the gym in Italy. Lots of very beautifully tanned people here. So far, while wearing my Sens cap, I have been approached by a Maple Leaf fan and he thinks the sens fans are ridiculous with their demands. He said the senators team should get new fans. Pretty funny.

Right, because Leafs fans definitely know the situation very well and are in the best position to judge it. Those ridiculous demands of hoping for the team to be run normally like the rest of the league.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Nope, they invited me. And for the record, 4am for you is 10am in Italy. There is a six hour difference bud. But please, do tell me how to vacation. I believe you need one with the negativity you surround yourself with. I will take your opinion of a vacation though. I would like my family to try something different. And when I am away, I can give you my two club bell tickets to one game if you would like.

Next time I’m at the CTC I’ll just look for the guy with the Ferrari who’s with the future owner of the Ottawa Senators.

Thanks for the offer but keep the tickets, I like being up in the 3rd section eating pizza and beer with the Honda owners.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I like how on 3 different occasions you've been approached by 3 different people who bashed the fanbase in 3 totally separate locations.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
A post for the ages. Thank you.

(read it out loud as Alec Baldwin playing Donald Trump)

WOW this is pretty hilarious, it works really well...I honestly thought that you were quoting a joke post, but I kept reading, and sadly it doesnt look like thats the case....

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
You don’t have to look to far. I am usually in valet.....the Ferrari is red, if you see me, yell “mysens” and maybe I will rev the engine or maybe I can take you for a little spin. No phony here. BTW, there are more than one Ferrari in valet when the weather is good. See you in October! The weather is still pretty good to drive to games.

Reactions: Pancakes Pancakes

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
There's one very successful Ottawa based entrepreneur whose name hasn't come up yet in these ownership rumours:

Robert Wang aka the Instant Pot creator - he must have sold millions of those suckers by now.

Edit: someone already posted this idea earlier in the thread

Last edited:
Reactions: Senator Blutarsky

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Can you please please please hold up a little card saying Hi HFsens with some sort of italian-ness in the background, upload it to imgur, and post it here? I would die if you actually did this :laugh:

Silex

Jan 22, 2009
Ottawa
All I need now is for MYSENS posts is to HAVE random capitalized WORDS in his posts and an exclamation mark at the end! of each sentence!

"What you UNGRATEFUL & POOR fans and the FAKE NEWS MEDIA are doing to the honorable Eugene Melnyk is just SAD! He saved this terrible franchise from going bankrupt! A COMPLETE WITCH HUNT! NO COLLUSION & NO SALE! MERA! Make Eugene Rich Again!
Stop shaming mysens because of his opulence. What if he has great financial advice to dish out that could only really be taken by people who already have a trust fund in place? Do you think he'll be sharing those pearls of wisdom now?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Hey mysens, I got back from France/Italy a couple months ago. Awesome trip!

Twice I drove over that bridge that recently collapsed, so that's a thing, I guess.

Have a great time. My family and I loved it there.

Have fun!

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
If nobody stares at MySens when he pulls up to the CTC, does he just go around the block again until someone notices him? I have this sad little vignette in my head of him circling the block until a 6 year old gasps and waves.

I'm just teasing big guy. Everything is relative and everyone has their own path. Enjoy the car!

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Can you please please please hold up a little card saying Hi HFsens with some sort of italian-ness in the background, upload it to imgur, and post it here? I would die if you actually did this :laugh:

Damnit, this is a great idea.

We need some global Sens pics.

Anyone on a trip, or anyone not living in Ottawa, post a pic of a sign saying "Hi HF Sens, from (location)" and your HF name.

Better yet, have the sign say, "Hi DrunkUncleDenis, from (location)"

Yup. That's the ticket.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
At least 50% across the board? :laugh:

Let's keep this discussion grounded in a little bit of realism.

Yes, I'm the one who's not realistic.

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 10.51.14 AM.png

That's the average ticket prices of all the teams in the NHL in 2016/17. There's Ottawa, in last place for all the Canadian teams, and in the bottom 10 of the NHL.

So fans want a better, more experienced management team (more money), a better coaching staff with more experienced coaches (more money), a larger scouting team (more money), more player development personnel (more money), some high-end UFA signings (maybe not every year but certainly the ability to do it, more money), re-signing star players to very expensive contracts with huge signing bonuses in some cases (more money).

And you expect to have all of this without paying a ticket price that is commensurate with that level of spending. You guys want this team to have success like the Bostons and the Washingtons of the league and yet we're trying to do it on a budget that reflects the huge difference in ticket prices.

So yeah, if you want the Senators ($64) to compete with the Bostons ($115) or the Washingtons ($100) you need to increase the cost of tickets and other parts of the experience by at least 50% to create a revenue that justifies the kind of spending that is demanded.

But of course I'm the one not being realistic and drinking the Melnyk Kool-Aid because I don't believe in the "spend A LOT more money and charge the same price" school of economics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad