GDT: Sens @ Leafs pre-season - 7PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I'm not too concerned about pre-season. I do find it frustrating that the way they lost is reminiscent of the same mistakes they've made for years now. Let's hope they get it out of their system now.

We will see how they play game 1/82. The pre-season may be meaningless but every game of the regular season matters.

Sep 18, 2009
I'm not too concerned about pre-season. I do find it frustrating that the way they lost is reminiscent of the same mistakes they've made for years now. Let's hope they get it out of their system now.

We will see how they play game 1/82. The pre-season may be meaningless but every game of the regular season matters.
It is the same team but mlse will make you beleaf

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Keep and eye on #16 that is Marner in case you're aware. :wg:

Who is the player standing right beside Yakemchuk, with one hand on his stick and a lazy half ass effort to prevent the winning goal?

Kind of reminds Leaf Fans on Pastrnak series winner last year in the playoffs with Marner the last man back and 0% chance of changing the result.

Lucky this was just a meaningless exhibition game, however if that was a real game coach Berube would be tearing Marner a new one for that effort on the play. IMO

yeah probably hooking/slash at 2 hand ( who was probably his only solution remaining other than what he did) would be a better solution in your world.

and please pastrnak goal... Even Marner was close of Pastrnak, 1st foward off the rush is D responsabilities on EVERY SYSTEM. Pastrnak was the 1st foward off the rush so he became Rielly coverage. It's hockey 101.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I'm waiting to see how they play in the playoffs myself. So sick of losing!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Keep and eye on #16 that is Marner in case you're aware. :wg:

Who is the player standing right beside Yakemchuk, with one hand on his stick and a lazy half ass effort to prevent the winning goal?

Kind of reminds Leaf Fans on Pastrnak series winner last year in the playoffs with Marner the last man back and 0% chance of changing the result.

Lucky this was just a meaningless exhibition game, however if that was a real game coach Berube would be tearing Marner a new one for that effort on the play. IMO
You’re trying too hard and it’s not a good look.

Reactions: Rude Dog

barilko05

People...they're the worst!
Jan 28, 2011
Ok, I'm not gonna lose my shit over 1 exhibition game. But here's my take: We played a lot of our big guys vs, what was essentially Belleville. But here's the difference: Their 4th liners and PTO's outplayed most of our team, especially our bubble guys. And that's troubling. Because if I'm Calle Jarnkrok, or Llijgren, or even Domi, I'd be worried. Both Jarnkrok and Domi were invisible, Tim wasn't...in a bad way. None of them put out much of an effort. I was Lilj's biggest supporter but after last night, I wonder if he's even interested in trying to get better. Kid, you are on the bubble for a job...but you played like you already had it locked up. Also, if I'm Berube, Grebs has solidified his spot on this team. The only guy last night who seemed to understand that nobody's handing you a spot...you gotta show up. That fight and that celly afterwards? Primo. Coach Craig must have been bustin', Jerry...bustin'!

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Dude, stop taking the troll bait. You're the only person that still responds to this guy and the only reason the rest of us are seeing his nonsense. STOP responding.

Same for this guy. Just stop dude.
Amen to that.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
It’s only game 1 buddy. I think you honestly have to give it time. And before you go ballistic saying it’s been 8 years which I understand. They are trying to change the culture. You are not going to be able to change deeply rooted issues/habits in 3 days. I don’t care how good of a coach you are.

The best thing we can cling to is Berube’s post game comments. He got to see first hand what he will no longer tolerate. Might take a few weeks. But there are things I saw from last nights game I DID like. Look at how our goals were scored. In the slot. It wasn’t a lot of fancy plays. Just good shots/tips in the slot. PP has faster movement and our d could actually break the puck out. Will take some time to get the effort level thing going.

I also had a moment of eye roll when Marner had a chance to cut to the net but circled around the net. But I’m hoping we get rid of that part of his game.
No doubt it will take some time and it might even take one or 2 of the core guys taking a seat in the stands to make a point.

Reactions: francis246

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Ok, I'm not gonna lose my shit over 1 exhibition game. But here's my take: We played a lot of our big guys vs, what was essentially Belleville. But here's the difference: Their 4th liners and PTO's outplayed most of our team, especially our bubble guys. And that's troubling. Because if I'm Calle Jarnkrok, or Llijgren, or even Domi, I'd be worried. Both Jarnkrok and Domi were invisible, Tim wasn't...in a bad way. None of them put out much of an effort. I was Lilj's biggest supporter but after last night, I wonder if he's even interested in trying to get better. Kid, you are on the bubble for a job...but you played like you already had it locked up. Also, if I'm Berube, Grebs has solidified his spot on this team. The only guy last night who seemed to understand that nobody's handing you a spot...you gotta show up. That fight and that celly afterwards? Primo. Coach Craig must have been bustin', Jerry...bustin'!
None of Domi, Jarnkrok or Lilligren are bubble guys worried about a job.
Domi was terrible though, no argument there.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Exhibition games don’t matter, but the parroting the term “meaningless game” every time they play like shit is at the heart of the entire culture problem with this franchise. You accept low standards, inconsistency, periods and nights off cause they’ll figure it out next time. Well, guess what, they don’t do too well in “meaningful games” either. It’ll be nice to see Berube give them a rough ride.
If I could like this post a million times I would. Very well said.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Odds are it wasn’t about having fun but Keefe or one of the 1000 niche advisors on the staff reading some study that music helps XYZ performance outcome. If I remember correctly, there was a study that showed getting elite athletes to do stationary bikes with a VR headset on improved their endurance by something like 10% because they had something else to focus on besides how shitty they felt by the end of it.
I can absolutely see that on the stationary bike.

barilko05

People...they're the worst!
Jan 28, 2011
None of Domi, Jarnkrok or Lilligren are bubble guys worried about a job.
Domi was terrible though, no argument there.
Okay. Bubble is maybe the incorrect usage. I mean, I know Domi is starting the season in the top six or nine. But the other two, along with Kampf and Holmberg, are guys who could be squeezed out, benched or traded for cheaper alternatives if they get off to slow starts.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I'm talking end results in terms of wins and losses which matter and and you're talking about in game subjective situations ..

Matthews scored, Willy scored, Tavares actually set up 3 goals recording 3 assists. Those 3 all impacted the outcome of the game. Marner is earning participation awards and has Matthew Knies to thank for his only statistical contribution.

Marner's 15% lazy effort with 1 hand on his stick and in OT 18 year old rookie scored the winner determined who won and who lost.

I can guarantee you coach Berube is not putting Marner on any pedestal for that performance for a guy seeking to be paid top 5 in the NHL.

View attachment 909020
Knies to thank? Marner put it right on his tape for a gimme. Marner was one of the best players on the ice last might. McCabe screwed up in ot. This is getting silly.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
This place is beginning to feel like the US election. 50 percent of the people think the other 50 percent are nuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad