GDT: Sens @ Leafs pre-season - 7PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You need a chill pill man. It ain’t that serious. The maple leafs aren’t life or death. I don’t really give af that much honestly. So I’m not “accepting” anything. I just watch the games then do something else after lmao.

I’ll say it for the 3rd time. It’s day 2/3 of Berube having these guys. Coaches are not allowed to work with players in the off season. So yes it’s only been 2 days, the habits won’t be changed immediately. Pretty sure that was whole purpose of dressing a roster like this for game one. Berube wanted to see what truly needs to be fixed and get a feel for how he needs to manage the stars in real games. Game 1, this reaction is unwarranted. Game 6 or 7 of preseason I could understand the reaction.

no it doesn't. I watched pretty much every game today and it was similar in all the games. it wasn't good hockey. It was a lesiure skate for most vets out there today. Pre-season hockey hasn't ever been good, especially game 1. yall need to stop getting your panties in a bunch. it's pre-season game 1. no one's going balls to the wall if theyve already made the team, they're not going to risk getting injured. All the Ottawa guys today are fighting for contracts/spots on the roster they are going to have more jump. If the core is still like this after game 6 or 7 in pre-season then I find that to be a reasonable complaint. but game 1?

I'd say watching all 11 pre-season games looking for mediocre efforts throughout the league comparable to Toronto is taking it pretty seriously... I just don't really like the way the group is wired.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Well it didn't last 1 game it will probably be tried again but it won't last
"It didn't last one game"? It was a 6-on-5 with our goalie pulled and Nylander the extra.

I agree Nylander and Domi didn't look good together, but Willy played a decent centre, particularly for a first game.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Jesus, its our first pre-season game against a bunch of youngsters with something to prove

This game means absolutely nothing

I honestly couldn't care less how our guys play right now, just so long as they stay fit for the start of the season

I'm not taking anything seriously until we start playing games with points on the line
The people who always freak out over preseason year after year give me a serious laugh.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
New year, new coach, new captain... same old Leafs.

I didn't see a whole lot of difference under Berube. It looks like they went back to standard zone defense instead of that weird man on man defense they tried last year. And if by North-South they mean skating up and down the ice as fast as possible good job.

But other than that I didn't see a whole lot of changes.

I know it's just pre-season. But the same old habits are still there. Every year it's the same damn thing with this team.

They still play down to inferior opponents.

They're still not starting on time and are still checking out early. They're still defensively inept. They're still blowing third period leads.

Lol... they're still the same old Leafs.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
With Grebenkin, Patches, and Cowan battling, that probably puts Robertson in the minors again….
Robertson was always going to have his work cut out for him this year. There is just a lot of competition in the pipeline right now.

Grebs looks to be NHL ready which is what I already suspected.

Even if Cowan does not make the team, he will be back next year competing for spots.

It is a numbers game and unless Robertson starts producing, he will be on the outside looking in. This is why I was open to trading him last year if there was an interesting deal.

Reactions: Dreakmur

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
"It didn't last one game"? It was a 6-on-5 with our goalie pulled and Nylander the extra.

I agree Nylander and Domi didn't look good together, but Willy played a decent centre, particularly for a first game.

He was put back on wing before they pulled the goalie

Macman

May 15, 2004
The game showed how much work Berube has ahead of him to make this group to play “heavier” and stouter defensively. Not a great start in those areas for sure.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I know it’s one game, but OEL looks like he needs to be planted on the third pair and PP unit. Nothing higher.

OEL - Hakanpaa third pair.
Didn’t have a good game that’s for sure……..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad