GDT: Sens @ Leafs pre-season - 7PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Watching players individually -

Thoughts:
Webber - His stride is atrocious. He won't be able to play at this level if that isn't fixable.
Reaves - Honestly looks good. Playing with some jump.
Grebenkin - He's gonna be good. Give it time. He's patient, great hands. He's made nice plays.
Patches - Not sold If he can still skate at this level. He seems a little slow.
Cowan/Quillian - Have not seen enough ice to make an opinion.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yes I know, can I still not say Liljegren looks awful out there? I get they’re all a little rusty but for someone who we all know is fighting for a spot in the lineup, game 1 matters.

His last shift was ok. The whole team looks pretty rough.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The excuses for the Leafs awful effort tonight are aplenty

I just don’t get how this group can’t just come out and play a meaningless game hard, have some fun and success and go home happy, business as usual and feel good having made a good first impression. It’s just inexplicable how disinterested they seem to be in doing a job well when it isn’t required.

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Grebenkin and Knies will end up being our top two LW's and Cowan will end up our 2c in a few years. Those three are looking good.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Following the Marner special drop pass...Marner with the impressive giveaway shortly later, literally a cross ice pass directly to the opponent, a forced pass that wasnt there.

I'm sure Berube is gonna be working these risky plays out of his game. Reminds me of Quinn and Wellwood.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I just don’t get how this group can’t just come out and play a meaningless game hard, have some fun and success and go home happy, business as usual and feel good having made a good first impression. It’s just inexplicable how disinterested they seem to be in doing a job well when it isn’t required.
If there's any time to do that, it's now.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
Ottawa finishing all their checks
Our bubble guys wrapped in bubble
chief will have his problem changing that mentality because we don’t have those type of players

Reijo

Sep 22, 2024
Gunna be a long 4 years with OeL
Maybe they front that with a domi tavares nylander line. Nylander is top 6 winger on our earth planet. Then we would have a knies matty hatty marner too upfront. We dont need three lines. Just two. The other too lines can just play D and stunt that show on. Hit.

Reactions: Leafs87

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
It’s a preseason game, yada yada. But historically the problem with this group is they always seem to be saving it for when it really matters and end up playing down to the moment. Only for when it really matters they can’t elevate. You only get one chance to make a first impression. And it’s a bit shit, isn’t it?
I agree with this 100%. If they can’t be bothered to show up and put in a dam effort pre season or not it’s pathetic.
I hope Berube bag skates them tomorrow until they puke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad