GDT: Sens @ Leafs pre-season - 7PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Does this count? ;)

images
Maybe I'll read that later.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Woll looked really good. Pacioretty, Tavares and Grebenkin looked solid. Cowan looks pretty good. Matthews and Marner invisible. Knies looked more noticeable when he got a shift with Nylander and Domi.

Not many people stand out in a period where you get 1 shot, a lot of players just shaking off rust and playing at a lower level. The forecheck and cycle play has been putrid. Every time you get 3 PKs and 0 PPs it's a bad time.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Will say it is kind of funny us getting outshot 14-1, while the Keefe Devils are outshooting the Isles 11-8 considering the narrative sorrounding both Leafs and Keefe
Just pre season so nothing to be concerned about yet though.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Some actual positives I saw:

Reaves was making some hits and didn't look like he was chasing (my biggest complaint).
Greb looked good and calm with the puck.
Woll looked good, not a fan of getting beat clean like he did, but overall great.

Not much to comment on... too many penalties and the flow was off.

Reactions: arso40

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Will say it is kind of funny us getting outshot 14-1, while the Keefe Devils are outshooting the Isles 11-8 considering the narrative sorrounding both Leafs and Keefe
Just pre season so nothing to be concerned about yet though.
Well it’s just the optics, yeah don’t worry we got this just stretching things out coach but don’t worry we will be there when it counts. It’s not like we are the defending champs.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Rielly cant and wont ever be capable to play strong defense vs a teams best players

Harsh fact Ive had to accept despite him being my favorite player

Hope is we add another top4D at the TDL who can take tougher minutes and reduce his defense concerns or one who provides more offense so he can be less offense pinch heavy so his flaws and weaknesses arent exposed as much
exactly why it should have been him traded not the younger sandin who thinks the game better than rielly he just cant skate like him

Reijo

Sep 22, 2024
Woll is a stud
He is so talented yes. Looks to be in form, so calm always. Lets see if our Nylander Domi line can stick. They will play together next time also. Berube has already promised that to nylander. When the season goes on.... we might need a new center though. A vet. If nylander cant do it.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I Just realized i chose this game over nfl regular season :-0
Seriously? Pre-season NHL might be the biggest waste of time in sports. It means absolutely nothing. The Leafs could be outshot 60-1 and it would have zero impact on their season.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
He is so talented yes. Looks to be in form, so calm always. Lets see if our Nylander Domi line can stick. They will play together next time also. Berube has already promised that to nylander. When the season goes on.... we might need a new center though. A vet. If nylander cant do it.
I don’t think the Nylander - Domi duo is even good on paper let alone on the ice. And then you’re throwing Nylander in a new-old position he hasn’t played in years… I don’t think those two will last very long together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad