Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #8

Who is the Sens 8th best Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024

1- Carter Yakemchuk 86.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #1)
2- Tyler Kleven 71.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #2)
3- Zack Ostapchuk 64.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #3)
4- Stephen Halliday 42.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #4)
5- Mads Søgaard 46.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #5)
6- Leevi Merilainen 32.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #6)
7- Jorian Donovan 39.2% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #7)
8-
9-
10-

As we have been doing since 2004, we simply use the old HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o).

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just if the prospect is more NHL ready than others. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, shot quality, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2023-24 (who are still in the organization) :

Ridley Greig and Jacob Bernard-Docker

To be added :

Kevin Reidler
Luke Ellinas
Tomas Hamara
Eerik Wallenius
Filip Nordberg
Lassi Thomson
Philippe Daoust
Theo Wallberg
Cole Reinhardt
Cameron O'Neill
Tyson Dyck
Jake Chiasson

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Despite the low ceilings of the guys in this part of the rankings, there's still a number of them left that I really wouldn't be surprised if they carved out an NHL career.

All is not lost.

Reactions: Dionysus and DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Despite the low ceilings of the guys in this part of the rankings, there's still a number of them left that I really wouldn't be surprised if they carved out an NHL career.

All is not lost.
The two future backup goalies pushed these guys down the rankings...

Reactions: BondraTime

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The two future backup goalies pushed these guys down the rankings...

I still have hope for Leevi even if he isn't a prestige goalie prospect.

But I do think it's much more likely that guys like Donovan and Andonovski can make a longer lasting contribution to the big club.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
1- Lust for Violence
2- Andonovski
3- Jarv... Bourgault
Man I really hope Eliasson turn out to be a NHL player, but I personally have a hard time putting anyone drafted outside the 1st round this year ahead of guys like Crookshank and Guenette who will likely get the odd callup this year.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Man I really hope Eliasson turn out to be a NHL player, but I personally have a hard time putting anyone drafted outside the 1st round this year ahead of guys like Crookshank and Guenette who will likely get the odd callup this year.
Yeah it's a classic case of floor vs ceiling.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Their Draft outside the first round may be the best part of it

The case you are making is the dilemna... I like Guenette .. I think he has a shot to unseat JBD as a 6th D .. probably not this year to start anyway... Crookshank is a likable player and he could be a filler player, an injury replacement, maybe a 4th line winger on the Sens. So now you get to projecting younger, less experienced players , and being positive about them continuing to make strides in their development that will push them past these guys. I can see that possibility in Andonovski another Sens mid-late rounder and Stanley who had a good rookie year in the NCAA... both have good size and tools. Stanley has the added bonus of being a righty... so he may have an easier path.. than Andonovski who is hard not to like with how he played in the OHL this past year. I think from 2024 both Moore and Montgomery have the natural size and raw tools (+ Skating) to become regular NHL players. Obviously you have to believe the prospect with less development and currently further away from seeing NHL games has shown enough to think the potential is there to be better after 2,3,4 years from now.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Cup of coffee guy.

There really isn't a role for him in the NHL.
I think his potential is something akin to a guy like Balcers, he can play on a team that's still developing, maybe get to 200 gp over his career if he's lucky.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think Andonovski has Boro like upside, he'll be an NHL player imo, but limited to a bottom pairing.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Andonovski has Boro like upside, he'll be an NHL player imo, but limited to a bottom pairing.
Just based on what I saw at the development camp they are different players & Andonovski seems to be more of a complete player that is good at both ends & should add some offence. He can play physical, but not at Borocop's level & plays more of a cerebral game. He's in tough on the left side & will have to fight it out with Donovan, Kleven & Eliasson for a spot once Chabot is gone, but IMO he has top 4 potential. He's a dark horse to watch his growth in Kitchener this yr.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think his potential is something akin to a guy like Balcers, he can play on a team that's still developing, maybe get to 200 gp over his career if he's lucky.

Depends what Crookshank can do defensively in the NHL. Balcers had pretty good 2-way metrics on the Sharks and had 38 Even Strength Points in 102 games with 3rd line minutes, which is 31 pts in 82 games average. Could Crookshank produce that much without PP time and be as good defensively?

Problem with Balcers is he has a slight build for the NHL and was injury prone too. Too soft for NHL teams. Crookshank had a few injuries but seems much more solid and doesn't shy away from contact. Personally, I think he could be a 4th line energy guy with a bit of a scoring touch but the question with those is "how long?"

I see more a Max McCormick role/career type. Hopefully he scores a bit more so he ends up playing more NHL games (MM has 94 NHL games as we speak, 2-way contract for 2 more years)

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Crookshank is the same age as Brady. He’ll be 25 when the season starts. Hopefully he’s a really late bloomer but he seems like a tweener.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Crookshank is the same age as Brady. He’ll be 25 when the season starts. Hopefully he’s a really late bloomer but he seems like a tweener.
Now this is a guy we should be rooting for as his development stalled due to that cheap knee in the rookie tournament.

He was coming off a great finish to his collegiate career and was looking like he was a late bloomer. He has fought back from a lot, and while I am in the minority, I see a little something in him.

Reactions: PierresGabriels

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
His willingness to go into battles and get gritty is why he can carve out a 4th liner career as long as his health keeps up.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It’s funny the fans have such enthusiasm for a 25 year old Crookshank but not for a 21 year old Tyler Boucher

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
His willingness to go into battles and get gritty is why he can carve out a 4th liner career as long as his health keeps up.

Yeah and he is not afraid to go to the net, so I can see him chipping in some goals as a bottom six player. If he wants to have a longer career he's going to have to embrace and improve defensive play though.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Crookshank is underrated like Paul was when he was rocking it on the big line in Belleville. Everybody writes guys off if they don't crack immediately. Ridiculous to be putting recent mid round picks ahead of our leading AHL scorer because they're a couple years younger.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Cr
Crookshank is underrated like Paul was when he was rocking it on the big line in Belleville. Everybody writes guys off if they don't crack immediately. Ridiculous to be putting recent mid round picks ahead of our leading AHL scorer because they're a couple years younger.
Crookshank is 5'10 Nick Paul is 6'4 Undersized skill wingers are a dime a dozen asset in hockey. I like Crookshanks hustle but unless he is on a scoring line he probably isn't an NHL player. He's the right choice here at 8 but I don't think he has anything in common with Paul. Paul is a two way player than can go up and down the lineup and play all 3 forward positions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad