Prospect Ranking Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sens 8th best Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Cr

Crookshank is 5'10 Nick Paul is 6'4 Undersized skill wingers are a dime a dozen asset in hockey. I like Crookshanks hustle but unless he is on a scoring line he probably isn't an NHL player. He's the right choice here at 8 but I don't think he has anything in common with Paul. Paul is a two way player than can go up and down the lineup and play all 3 forward positions.
Yeah, Ostapchuk is probably more like who we can expect to replace Nick Paul.

Reactions: Xspyrit and bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Crookshank is 5'10 Nick Paul is 6'4 Undersized skill wingers are a dime a dozen asset in hockey. I like Crookshanks hustle but unless he is on a scoring line he probably isn't an NHL player. He's the right choice here at 8 but I don't think he has anything in common with Paul. Paul is a two way player than can go up and down the lineup and play all 3 forward positions.
Paul certainly had more paths to the NHL, and I think that's a trait that gets overlooked when evaluating prospects. A guy like Paul was able to grind it out on the 4th line or move up and play with Stützle depending on what we needed,

Reactions: bert

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It’s funny the fans have such enthusiasm for a 25 year old Crookshank but not for a 21 year old Tyler Boucher

This makes it seem like they have a 4 years difference but in reality it's 3 years and 3 months

Crookshank currently has 53 more goals and 51 more assists in the AHL and also 13 NHL games despite spending his 21 y/o season in College

Will Boucher catch that up or even 50%?

Ridiculous to be putting recent mid round picks ahead of our leading AHL scorer because they're a couple years younger.

Who? Donovan? Only guy that was picked recently (in 2022) outside of the 7th OA pick

I really don't see how Crookshank was underrated in these polls

And yeah, Nick Paul is a match up forward, you can't use Crookshank like that in a NHL game.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This makes it seem like they have a 4 years difference but in reality it's 3 years and 3 months

Crookshank currently has 53 more goals and 51 more assists in the AHL and also 13 NHL games despite spending his 21 y/o season in College

Will Boucher catch that up or even 50%?

3 years and 3 months but 4 seasons of development.

I think Boucher has a route to the NHL as a 4th or 3rd liner, Crookshank needs to be top 9 and probably doesn't last as a pure 3rd line. Crookshank has a tougher route imo, but is closer to being that top 9 guy than Boucher is to the 4th line,

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Crookshank is underrated like Paul was when he was rocking it on the big line in Belleville. Everybody writes guys off if they don't crack immediately. Ridiculous to be putting recent mid round picks ahead of our leading AHL scorer because they're a couple years younger.

Actually when it comes to prospect pools it's normally the older players that tend to get overrated, just due to the fact that they are closer to the NHL than the younger guys, not because they are more valuable.

If some team offered a mid-round pick for Crookshank the Sens would likely take it, as he's going to be eligible for waivers this year and is by no means a lock to make the roster.

If there's a high likelihood that 31 teams will have the opportunity to add Crookshank to their team for free, his value obviously shouldn't be very high.

While our pool sucks, there are numerous prospects more valuable than Crookshank. He shouldn't go earlier than 12-15 IMO.

Reactions: Xspyrit

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Good. I've got you all on the record now.

Bert, Hale and Xspyrit, I'm gonna enjoy a few ice cold Dave's Mexi-Quila Stingers from each of you in a couple years when my boy Crooked lights it up.

And don't you dare try to give me that "they don't exist anymore" crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: bicboi64

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
3 years and 3 months but 4 seasons of development.

I think Boucher has a route to the NHL as a 4th or 3rd liner, Crookshank needs to be top 9 and probably doesn't last as a pure 3rd line. Crookshank has a tougher route imo, but is closer to being that top 9 guy than Boucher is to the 4th line,
That'd be quite the turnaround for Boucher, that kind of trajectory usually doesn't end up in a NHL career.

Stefan Noesen miraculously was able to. Look at what he did in the OHL in his D+1 and D+2. then he missed a whole season and his career derailed. 2 years later after playing a full season in the AHL he was able to carve a grinder defensive role but still had some years bouncing back and forth until he finally established himself at 29 y/o

These cases are pretty rare.

Good. I've got you all on the record now.

Bert, Hale and Xspyrit, I'm gonna enjoy a few ice cold Dave's Mexi-Quila Stingers from each of you in a couple years when my boy Crooked lights it up.

And don't you dare try to give me that "they don't exist anymore" crap.

I wish him the best, we're just being realistic in what happens with prospects his age in general. It sucks that he got injured badly 3 years ago, I was sure he was making the team out of camp. It has been an uphill battle for him since, he deserves a chance for sure.

Reactions: dumbdick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad