Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #3

Who is the Sens 3rd best Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024

1- Carter Yakemchuk 86.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #1)
2- Tyler Kleven 71.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #2)
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

As we have been doing since 2004, we simply use the old HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o).

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just if the prospect is more NHL ready than others. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, shot quality, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2023-24 (who are still in the organization) :

Ridley Greig and Jacob Bernard-Docker

To be added :

Kevin Reidler
Jan Jeník
Luke Ellinas
Blake Montgomery
Tomas Hamara
Eerik Wallenius
Filip Nordberg
Lassi Thomson
Tyler Boucher
Philippe Daoust
Theo Wallberg
Kevin Mandolese
Cole Reinhardt
Cameron O'Neill
Tyson Dyck

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Halliday for me

I can't see Ostapchuk being more than a 3rd line checker, hard to see him scoring more than 30 pts in a season

Halliday doesn't have the same kind of "safe floor" but there seems to be something more with this player. I'd take my chances on him if I had the choice

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Halliday for me

I can't see Ostapchuk being more than a 3rd line checker, hard to see him scoring more than 30 pts in a season

Halliday doesn't have the same kind of "safe floor" but there seems to be something more with this player. I'd take my chances on him if I had the choice
I think Ostapchuk is a bit of a swiss army knife, he's going to be a great checking forward that can hit, fight and chip in with some goals. I'm not ready to put Haliday ahead of him because I'm not sure his skating will improve enough to allow his skill set to translate at the NHL level, but he's got Batherson level upside imo so I get the desire to put him ahead of Ostapchuk.

That said, I do think Ostapchuk's archetype typically gets underrated. He's a 6'4 210 lbs Pageau if he hits his potential, and to me that's an impact player.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I am going Halliday, based on his AHL playoffs.

Who knows if it is legit, but the bits I have seen from him have me believing he could be a late bloomer that sees improvement in the higher ranks due to his IQ, vision and hands.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I think Yakemchuk belongs in “tier 1” of our prospects, and then Kleven, Ostapchuk and Halliday are tier 2 imo.

Voted for Ostapchuk just because he’s the safer of the two, there aren’t really many questions about what he’ll be as an NHL player. But I believe Halliday will make it after watching him in the playoffs last year with Belleville. He’s just so smart.

Reactions: DrEasy

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I seem to not have followed Halliday enough. Didn't realise he was this high on some people's list.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Should Michael Simpson G be added or not because he signed with Belleville?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
This ranking is already messed up. Ostapchuk should be 2nd

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This ranking is already messed up. Ostapchuk should be 2nd
ccc0ee0b-be08-4b70-8d8e-01465e0d76f0_text[1].gif

Reactions: Bileur

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Yakemchuk, Kleven & Ostapchuk are the obvious top 3. After that, its mostly guess work for most people I’d think. Not easy to follow so many players and little to no exposure or chance to view them.

Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yakemchuk, Kleven & Ostapchuk are the obvious top 3. After that, its mostly guess work for most people I’d think. Not easy to follow so many players and little to no exposure or chance to view them.
I think Halliday will run away with the next one but after that there's about 8 guys I could see becoming NHL players and would be justifiable to go 5th

Reactions: DrEasy and aragorn

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Ostapchuk looks like a safe bet to be a middle 6 player for the sens. Sad thats our third best piece but no fault of his own.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Halliday getting a lot of love but we need to remember the guy is already 22.
He's the same age as Kleven and Jarventie.

This coming season will be close to make or brake for him, if he dominates in the AHL and gets a callup, he'll go a long way towards proving himself, but we have very little pro experience to evaluate him on. There lots of potential there but not a lot of runway

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I imagine there's probably two camps here. Those that saw Halliday play for Belleville and those who didn't.

It was certainly a small sample size so I understand people being a little skeptical, but what I saw from him was that he became the straw that stirred the drink for the B Sens. It all went through him. 50% of the goals during that 7 game run had him involved in scoring. He displayed vision, skill, and enough physical presence to do what he needed to do on the ice.

That's why I voted for him here. He might just end up being something.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Halliday getting a lot of love but we need to remember the guy is already 22.
As is Kleven.

A lot of the guys that are going to go in the 2-8 range are somewhat older players. Stephen Halliday is 22. Mads Sogaard is 23. Roby Jarventie and Leevi Merilainen will both be 22 in a few weeks. Max Guenette is 23. Many people are going to vote for Angus Crookshank around here, and he just barely slides under the 25 year-old age limit for the poll.

So not only is not an incredibly strong group, but it's also one of fairly advanced age. Only two of my personal top 10 are younger than 20 [Yakemchuk at #1 and Andonovski at #8].

Make or break time for many of these players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad