Prospect Ranking Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #3

Who is the Sens 3rd best Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
My list:
1. Yakemchuk RD
2. Kleven LD
3. Ostapchuk C/LW
4. Halliday C
5. Sogaard G - potential decline
6. Guennette RD - potential decline
7. Petersson RW
8. Merilainen G
9. Andonovski LD - potential riser
10. Donovan LD
11. Boucher RW - potential decline
12. Stanley RD - potential riser
13. Eliasson LD - potential riser
14. Eilinas LW - potential riser
15. Montgomery C/LW - potential riser
16. Bourgault C/RW
17. Van Tassel RW
18. Rolofs LW
19. Moore LW
20. Reidler G / Nikilin G

It's perfectly fine if you have personal preferences and beliefs but Boucher 5 spots over Bourgault? I'd like an explanation on that one.

And why is Stuart Rolofs considered a Sens prospect?

Why is Jan Jenik not ranked? I mean, you had Sokolov quite high

Why is Van Tassel ranked 17th? He looks like a guy who will not even get a contract. Reidler and Moore are much much better prospects IMO.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's perfectly fine if you have personal preferences and beliefs but Boucher 5 spots over Bourgault? I'd like an explanation on that one.

And why is Stuart Rolofs considered a Sens prospect?

Why is Jan Jenik not ranked? I mean, you had Sokolov quite high

Why is Van Tassel ranked 17th? He looks like a guy who will not even get a contract. Reidler and Moore are much much better prospects IMO.
Have you ever seen any of these guys live?

Boucher - if he ever gets healthy & stays healthy can still be a good middle six player, he still has a skillset this team needs, I don't know much about Bourgault. Maybe he can be a player maybe not, we'll see. I had Jarventie out of the top 10 before they traded for Bourgault because I was losing faith in him too. The difference IMO is that Boucher has the size & toughness to create a role for himself on the bottom six, he can hit, he can fight & he can score & already has an NHL wrist shot & bulk. If skilled guys don't make the top six they are usually useless anywhere else & sometimes have trouble finding a role especially if they are easy to play against & lack physicality.

Rolofs - was a development camp invite, my mistake I thought they drafted him, but they did not. He was impressive at camp IMO, good motor, works hard & plays a rugged game something they need in the bottom six. He has good size & isn't afraid to mix it up.

Jenik - I forgot about him too, not sure what he is, probably a career minor leaguer. Sokolov had more consistent offence IMO. I like tough guys though & maybe Jenik can create a role for himself on the bottom six, we'll see.

Reidler - I've watched him for two camps now & I'm not that impressed with him tbh, but I don't know much about goalies. I prefer Merilainen who IMO was the best goalie at camp. Nikilin at times looked good too.

Van Tassel - another hard worker, doesn't give up on plays & has decent size, made some nice defensive plays at camp. I'm not sure most if any of these guys we are discussing make it to the NHL, they could all be a cup of coffee players & not enough potential to be interesting.

Moore - I don't know much about him either, he was okay at camp, good size, decent skater, but really didn't do anything noticeable. He was knocked off the puck a few times I watched him & I didn't see him do anything offensively to create offence, but it was his first camp. As I said Rulofs I thought looked much better at camp with a much better motor. I'm quite sure others may have different opinions on these guys, but these were my impressions from camp of the guys I saw who attended.

I also preffered Luke Ellinas LW over Moore at camp & Montogomery C/LW who IMO showed much more drive & jam, but again it means nothing, he could have done more when I wasn't watching him & impressed someone. There are a lot of guys on the ice at one time & they are at different ends of the ice at times & it's hard to see everything that is going on at the other end. I'm not really commited to any of these guys & I think any of them could climb up the rankings or flame out.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I rank them like this...

01 - Carter Yakemchuk
02 - Tyler Kleven
03 - Zack Ostapchuk
04 - Stephen Halliday
05 - Mads Sogaard
06 - Jorian Donovan
07 - Matt Andonovski
08 - Xavier Bourgault
09 - Leevi Merilainen
10 - Max Guenette
11 - Hoyt Stanley
12 - Gabriel Eliasson
13 - Angus Crookshank
14 - Jan Jenik
15 - Theo Wallberg
16 - Luke Ellinas
17 - Oskar Pettersson
18 - Blake Montgomery
19 - Tyler Boucher
20 - Kevin Reidler
21 - Javon Moore
22 - Tomas Hamara
23 - Donovan Sebrango
24 - Owen Beckner
25 - Filip Nordberg

NR - Jamieson Rees, Oliver Johansson, Jake Chiasson, Vladimir Nikitin, Cole Reinhardt, Nick Van Tassel, Cam O'Neill, Tyson Dyck, Eerrik Wallenius, Philippe Daoust, Djibril Toure, Lassi Thomson, Wyatt Bongiovanni

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Have you ever seen any of these guys live?

Not sure what it has to do with my questions but I haven't been to a NHL game in years, pretty much in apathy after 7 years of losing despite being incredibly positioned for a rebuild. I used to go to Q and AHL games too but no point these days. Wanted Dorion reign to be over but not inspired by the new management's work so far. It remains to be seen what will happen though so I stay open minded

Boucher - if he ever gets healthy & stays healthy can still be a good middle six player, he still has a skillset this team needs, I don't know much about Bourgault. Maybe he can be a player maybe not, we'll see. I had Jarventie out of the top 10 before they traded for Bourgault because I was losing faith in him too. The difference IMO is that Boucher has the size & toughness to create a role for himself on the bottom six, he can hit, he can fight & he can score & already has an NHL wrist shot & bulk. If skilled guys don't make the top six they are usually useless anywhere else & sometimes have trouble finding a role especially if they are easy to play against & lack physicality.

I feel like we have been reading this for 3 years already, "IF"

IF he ever stays healthy enough to become a pro player, where do you see that offense coming from? A middle-six player is capable of putting 40-50 pts in a NHL season... Boucher has scored 39 pts in 3 seasons since being drafted lol

Bourgault as a NHL player is a lot more realistic than Boucher

I keep reading about the toughness and pro built but why TB keeps getting injured and others don't then? At some point, you can't play the game if you're never available

Rolofs - was a development camp invite, my mistake I thought they drafted him, but they did not. He was impressive at camp IMO, good motor, works hard & plays a rugged game something they need in the bottom six. He has good size & isn't afraid to mix it up.

Oh I didn't know that, would be great if we sign him and he ends up as a legit prospect. I haven't even followed the development camp this year. This team has wasted so much of my time already these last few years. I have been cutting the corners

Jenik - I forgot about him too, not sure what he is, probably a career minor leaguer. Sokolov had more consistent offence IMO. I like tough guys though & maybe Jenik can create a role for himself on the bottom six, we'll see.

Reidler - I've watched him for two camps now & I'm not that impressed with him tbh, but I don't know much about goalies. I prefer Merilainen who IMO was the best goalie at camp. Nikilin at times looked good too.

Jenik like Sokolov are both pretty longshots to become NHL players. Jenik is a much better skater though so we never know. The game is more about skating and hockey IQ than size and toughness nowadays. Jenik is also more talented in general.

Reidler is still only 19 years old though and a 6'6 goalie. It will be interesting to keep track of him as he could develop into a legit goalie prospect

Van Tassel - another hard worker, doesn't give up on plays & has decent size, made some nice defensive plays at camp. I'm not sure most if any of these guys we are discussing make it to the NHL, they could all be a cup of coffee players & not enough potential to be interesting.

Moore - I don't know much about him either, he was okay at camp, good size, decent skater, but really didn't do anything noticeable. He was knocked off the puck a few times I watched him & I didn't see him do anything offensively to create offence, but it was his first camp. As I said Rulofs I thought looked much better at camp with a much better motor. I'm quite sure others may have different opinions on these guys, but these were my impressions from camp of the guys I saw who attended.

I also preffered Luke Ellinas LW over Moore at camp & Montogomery C/LW who IMO showed much more drive & jam, but again it means nothing, he could have done more when I wasn't watching him & impressed someone. There are a lot of guys on the ice at one time & they are at different ends of the ice at times & it's hard to see everything that is going on at the other end. I'm not really commited to any of these guys & I think any of them could climb up the rankings or flame out.

Van Tassel, 20 years old already, 7th round pick, only 2 pts in 24 NCAA games... Unless he's a late bloomer, he won't become much

Moore, yeah I see but Rolofs is almost 3 years older. Moore is clearly not at that level yet but IMO could develop into a legit prospect and a nice find in the 4th round. We really need one of these

Good news about Ellinas and Montgomery, maybe there's something there

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1