Prospect Ranking Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #14

Who is the Sens 14th best Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024

1- Carter Yakemchuk 86.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #1)
2- Tyler Kleven 71.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #2)
3- Zack Ostapchuk 64.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #3)
4- Stephen Halliday 42.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #4)
5- Mads Søgaard 46.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #5)
6- Leevi Merilainen 31.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #6)
7- Jorian Donovan 39.2% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #7)
8-
Angus Crookshank 32.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #8)
9- Matthew Andonovski 43.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #9)
10- Xavier Bourgault 28.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #10)
11- Maxence Guénette 29.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #11)
12- Gabriel Eliasson 41.7% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #12)
13- Hoyt Stanley 38.1% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #13)
14-
15-

As we have been doing since 2004, we simply use the old HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o).

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just if the prospect is more NHL ready than others. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, shot quality, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2023-24 (who are still in the organization) :

Ridley Greig and Jacob Bernard-Docker

To be added :

Kevin Reidler
Luke Ellinas
Cole Reinhardt
Filip Nordberg
Philippe Daoust
Vladimir Nikitin
Djibril Toure
Cameron O'Neill
Tyson Dyck
Jake Chiasson

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Pettersson was looking like a solid bet to be a bottom 6 contributor before last season.

Not willing to give up on him after a stagnant year. Still has decent tools and an excellent shot.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I've got Jan Jenik as the next name on my list.

He was a high achiever as a junior, his AHL production is slightly better than Crookshank's, and he has NHL size and aggression. He probably has the inside track on a 4th line spot out of camp.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

He was a high achiever as a junior, his AHL production is slightly better than Crookshank's, and he has NHL size and aggression. He probably has the inside track on a 4th line spot out of camp.
Also think he might have the inside track as he played for Andlauer/Staois and they went out of their way to acquire him.

Reactions: Ouroboros

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Going with Jenik too. I wasn't all that impressed with Pettersson last year in Belleville; pretty meh. Boucher just hasn't stayed healthy and its derailed him... He needs to put in some playing time.

Wallberg looked ok a OSU. Good size and mobility.

Reactions: BigRig4

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Going with Jenik too. I wasn't all that impressed with Pettersson last year in Belleville; pretty meh. Boucher just hasn't stayed healthy and its derailed him... He needs to put in some playing time.

Wallberg looked ok a OSU. Good size and mobility.
I liked Pettersson more a couple years back. Last season seemed like a tough one for him - Rögle weren't really using him in the SHL, and he barely played at all in the WJC which is really unusual for a returning player who was part of the leadership group.

Agree that when he came over to Belleville he wasn't very impressive. I like the motor and size, but I'm not sure the puck skills are there for any sort of NHL career. I think he and Boucher are basically interchangeable at this point, though I give the edge to Pettersson as at least he was decent defensively as a junior.

I have Wallberg next up on my list at 15.

Talking about Pettersson has me thinking about how many prospects the Senators have drafted recently that have struggled to get playing time even as juniors/collegiate players:
  • Tyler Boucher - Washed out of Boston University of the NCAA. Went to the OHL where things went marginally better
  • Ben Roger - Dumped by the powerhouse London Knights shortly after being drafted. He's playing USports hockey now
  • Carson Latimer - Dumped by the Edmonton Oil Kings. Played for Prince Albert, then Winnipeg then Red Deer. Now in USports
  • Chandler Romeo - Moved from Hamilton [by Staios!] to Sarnia and then Guelph. Has an ECHL contract for next season
  • Filip Nordberg - Bounced between Södertälje, Vaxjo and Tingsryds in Sweden getting little opportunity. Ended up in the USHL
  • Oskar Pettersson - Playing time in Rögle dried up, came to Belleville midseason which is fairly unusual
  • Tomas Hamara - Tumbled down the lineup in Kitchener who eventually moved him to Brantford
  • Tyson Dyck - Went to UMass as a freshman and didn't do much. Transferred to Wisconsin last year and it didn't go any better
That is really something.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I liked Pettersson more a couple years back. Last season seemed like a tough one for him - Rögle weren't really using him in the SHL, and he barely played at all in the WJC which is really unusual for a returning player who was part of the leadership group.

Agree that when he came over to Belleville he wasn't very impressive. I like the motor and size, but I'm not sure the puck skills are there for any sort of NHL career. I think he and Boucher are basically interchangeable at this point, though I give the edge to Pettersson as at least he was decent defensively as a junior.

I have Wallberg next up on my list at 15.

Talking about Pettersson has me thinking about how many prospects the Senators have drafted recently that have struggled to get playing time even as juniors/collegiate players:
  • Tyler Boucher - Washed out of Boston University of the NCAA. Went to the OHL where things went marginally better
  • Ben Roger - Dumped by the powerhouse London Knights shortly after being drafted. He's playing USports hockey now
  • Carson Latimer - Dumped by the Edmonton Oil Kings. Played for Prince Albert, then Winnipeg then Red Deer. Now in USports
  • Chandler Romeo - Moved from Hamilton [by Staios!] to Sarnia and then Guelph. Has an ECHL contract for next season
  • Filip Nordberg - Bounced between Södertälje, Vaxjo and Tingsryds in Sweden getting little opportunity. Ended up in the USHL
  • Oskar Pettersson - Playing time in Rögle dried up, came to Belleville midseason which is fairly unusual
  • Tomas Hamara - Tumbled down the lineup in Kitchener who eventually moved him to Brantford
  • Tyson Dyck - Went to UMass as a freshman and didn't do much. Transferred to Wisconsin last year and it didn't go any better
That is really something.
Hamara looked good at last years WJC I thought.

Agree on Pettersson .. wrt to his play in the WJC and the the type of player he looked like .. we saw some of that player but no significant step taken year to year. Have to see this year after a season to adjust to coming over , away from home and the smaller ice. I'd take him over Boucher as of now.. I think Boucher has to answer if he can be that crash and bang guy .. that gets up and down the ice. Big part of his game if he can't stay healthy.

No idea what's up with Nordberg either .. he had some good reports in his draft year.. a lot of distractions for him at a critical time.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Players with Javon Moore's size, skating and skill have upside. We have to see how he does against elevated competition but I could see him being top 5 on this list in s year or two.

Reactions: OD99

Ad

Ad

Ad