Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Offer Sheets?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
yeah it sounds like they kind of want him gone (or at least aren't concerned about losing him) but don't want to take the hit of firing him

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Gaudreau:
-first part of the interview about Johnny Gaudreau

Salary Cap:
-no one will give him a hard number on the future cap number
-teams, agents, and players are very optimistic that the cap will continue to rise
-new TV deal in a few years and the league is setting some pretty aggressive targets

Demko:
-jokes about a text message that Dhaliwal sent him before the show "I don't release text messages like that, you never need to worry"
-Canucks are not panicking but there is an understanding that he may not be ready for the start of the year
-Friedman is not blaming Ian Clark
-Canucks feel Demko was working to hard and he believes that Demko agrees with that now and understands rest is important
-don't want him doing drills every day
-Canucks told Demko before the playoffs that they needed to see him play two games before; everyone wonders if that contributes to the injury
-Canucks feel they are good enough to start the year without Demko
-doesn't believe the injury is that serious and Demko can learn to play his way through it
-has heard this is not a devastating injury

Canucks Goalie:
-thinks the Canucks would like another goalie in training camp
-Lankinen probably waiting to see if something develops late and he gets an opportunity
-Lankinen is not disinterested in the Canucks
-Maple Leafs had a bonus at the start of the season, last year, to make him unappealing as a waiver claim

NHL Media Tour:
-in Vegas
-one player representatives per team
-Hughes representing the Canucks

Misc:
-Friedman donates the fee he charges for his interviews on Donnie & Dhali to Canucks for Kids

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I’d happily pay Brock whatever he wants after he scores another 40 and wins the Conn Smythe after going goal per game on our way to the st*nley c*p

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Exactly. It was speculated by someone in media, and I can't remember who, that it's possible the bumped him down to create the possibility that he gets poached.

Well it's not really cheapness since his contract will remain the same. They aren't paying him any less. This does allow another team to grab him and then they wouldn't be paying him.
i mean i guess it's still cheapness in some sense, making him more available to other teams.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
i mean i guess it's still cheapness in some sense, making him more available to other teams.
The sky is always falling.

Apparently the dude that got promoted up to main Goalie Coach is well thought of and now is working his way up through the ranks and seems to be well thought of.

Maybe Clark is being a f***ing diva. I hate the Aquillinis more than most but sometimes differences of opinion happen. They have always scratched check when needed.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
The sky is always falling.

Apparently the dude that got promoted up to main Goalie Coach is well thought of and now is working his way up through the ranks and seems to be well thought of.

Maybe Clark is being a f***ing diva. I hate the Aquillinis more than most but sometimes differences of opinion happen. They have always scratched check when needed.
well i don't think the sky is falling. I am not going to judge this until we see results from the new goalie coach. Just curious about what is the main reason that drives decisions around Clarke.

I think other goalie coaches in the league got the bump to the director position so it's not like this is some type of divaish expectation.

Reactions: credulous

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
well i don't think the sky is falling. I am not going to judge this until we see results from the new goalie coach. Just curious about what is the main reason that drives decisions around Clarke.

I think other goalie coaches in the league got the bump to the director position so it's not like this is some type of divaish expectation.

i actually think clark is overrated around here because his employment happens to overlap with the canucks getting some decent goaltending. losing him will suck because he is a great goalie coach but i don't think he's uniquely good. the new guy is probably fine and if not there are other goalie coaches out there

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
i actually think clark is overrated around here because his employment happens to overlap with the canucks getting some decent goaltending. losing him will suck because he is a great goalie coach but i don't think he's uniquely good. the new guy is probably fine and if not there are other goalie coaches out there
well the new guy was recruited by Clarke so if we are confident with Clarke then we should be fine with the guy that he picked and mentored in the 1st place. That's why I am not too worried and don't think we should be freaking out.

I think i understand why others would do, goalies are doing well and that's a good reason to prefer status quo.

Reactions: CanuckCity

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
I wonder if they think (or hope) that Willander can make the jump and be an option as another right side body at the end of the season. Just wonder how much growth he’ll have this season.
If you listen to Alvin during interviews
He is always bringing up Cole Mcwards name.I am worried about our defense as when Forbert and Sousey both injury prone go down it's not gonna look nice.

Reactions: Peen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If you listen to Alvin during interviews
He is always bringing up Cole Mcwards name.I am worried about our defense as when Forbert and Sousey both injury prone go down it's not gonna look nice.
I posted about this yesterday actually. I think they'll be active prior to the season looking for a defensive minded LHD who can slot in. Right now, the 4/5/6 guys on the left depth chart are Wolanin, Brisebois, EP2.

The knock on effect of that is PDG or Aman (outside chance Sprong if he tanks in camp) are on waivers (on top of one of Friedman/Juulsen) if they do grab a body at LHD

Last edited:
Reactions: brock hughes007

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Weak RHD market at the TDL this year gets weaker with Larsson off the board after signing a pretty reasonable 5.25x4 in Seattle. I think he took a lighter contract on his previous one too.

Guess he's pretty happy in Seattle.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Oh yeah for sure, just not a long term or offseason one. But I would also think that defence may be a priority over a 3C considering we have 5 capable centers.
I agree with this. The Canucks signed 4 wingers in the offseason plus gave Blais a PTO. I don't think they would add 4 wingers if they thought one of their centers would end up playing the wing.

Reactions: Nick Lang

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad