Sens at World championship

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
In the first after a whistle Kubalik said something to Sandy and Sandy gave him a good shove… wish players were mic’d up

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I miss NIck Paul.
And filip gustavsson
Leading the tournament nicely
63A0CD0A-88BE-47DD-A027-E91A97EB33EB.jpeg

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Gudas is such a scumbag. Tries to put Tkachuk in a chokehold from the back. Can't wait to play the Quacks next season and hope Brady beats the shit out of Gudas

Reactions: DJB

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
And filip gustavsson
Leading the tournament nicely
View attachment 875097

True, but look at the defence in front of him.

I remember when Jeff Glass (Senators pick) dominated the 2005 WJCs.

Gudas is such a scumbag. Tries to put Tkachuk in a chokehold from the back. Can't wait to play the Quacks next season and hope Brady beats the shit out of Gudas

He'd be perfect for our team.

Reactions: Korpse

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He'd be a pricey 3RD for us, but it'd be funny to have him on the roster, especially because of how much he's ragdolled the Leafs

He's a solid defenceman but he's reaching that age where his skating can fall off a cliff. I think his puck handling and passing are actually a bit underrated considering his role.

He's got that physical mean streak that can be useful around our net.

Reactions: Cosmix

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kinda shows you the absolute dumbness of the fan-boy outrage over the Celebrini and Fantilli cuts.
Agreed. It also shows just how much the quality of play has improved at the Worlds in recent years. Teams like Austria and Denmark that used to be a soft touch at this tournament aren't anymore - they have some solid NHL calibre players and very good European pros playing at a high level. They are also men, while Celebrini, Fantilli and Bedard are still boys. There's a world of difference between a player at age 18 and a player at age 22...

So the Americans send their best team in years to the Worlds and still can't make any noise - they lose 1-0 in the QF to the Czechs. Not sure what it is about this tournament but the Americans always seem to underachieve in it every year...

Reactions: DrEasy and NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Agreed. It also shows just how much the quality of play has improved at the Worlds in recent years. Teams like Austria and Denmark that used to be a soft touch at this tournament aren't anymore - they have some solid NHL calibre players and very good European pros playing at a high level. They are also men, while Celebrini, Fantilli and Bedard are still boys. There's a world of difference between a player at age 18 and a player at age 22...

So the Americans send their best team in years to the Worlds and still can't make any noise - they lose 1-0 in the QF to the Czechs. Not sure what it is about this tournament but the Americans always seem to underachieve in it every year...

Part of it was the scheduling.

Both the Czechs and Canada had the level of competition ramp up throughout the round robin while the US had their tough games right at the beginning and then sailed through against the weaker competition.

Our pool was tougher overall IMO so we were better prepared.

Against Finland, Canada gave up 2 right away before coming back and winning, again I think because we weren’t quite ready having played weaker teams.

The US has to ape the Canada model of trying to build a team and chemistry on the fly and I’m not sure they are as adept at it.

I find a lot of the European teams already know each other from previous competition.

Finally, sure it’s not necessary to finish near the top of the group but it can help to avoid a tougher match up like the host nation in this case.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'd rather that MacEwen or another goon take on Gudas.

Game 7 Meltdown

Sep 24, 2019
Nah, we don't want to see our captain bringing a personal grudge to the ice. Would rather see him taking care of business when it counts.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
What would have been nice is :

- extend Nick Paul
- trade for Joseph instead of DeBrincat and keep that 7th OA pick.

Hmm, I don't think USA stand a chance
They didn’t, Kubalik’s team eliminated them.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Canada's going to need to rally back against Switzerland.
Canada is losing 2 to 0 after the first period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad