Post-Game Talk: Sens 4, Pens 1 - It's Only January

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Rust with Sid sucks. Horny with Geno is worse. Lines completely lack cohesion. Olesky is a nice way to ignore how awful Letang and especially Daley have looked (and Maatta is back to being a turnstile). Sully is a mess as a bench boss. But, it's January, so no reason to worry.

EDIT: First back to back loss in regulation in 90 games.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
uUMW2lS.gif

I really want to know what Sully said, though.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
- **** off everyone
+ sully getting the game misconduct, made me laugh

+ okay maybe wilson looked good tonight for some time

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Superb effort by all tonight. The Chris Kunitz effect is really starting to rub off on the rest of the team. Much like Chris himself, it only gets better from here on out.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I hope Sullivan knows what he's doing. There's a fine line between working the refs and drawing their permanent ire.

But I guess he learned from Torts.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
- **** off everyone
+ sully getting the game misconduct, made me laugh

+ okay maybe wilson looked good tonight for some time

Sid and Geno look like crap right now. One would think that Sully might want to try some proactive things to address it. And, by proactive, I don't mean demoting Hagelin for Wilson.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Superb effort by all tonight. The Chris Kunitz effect is really starting to rub off on the rest of the team. Much like Chris himself, it only gets better from here on out.

We need to iron out these deficiencies ;)

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Maybe Sully begged the ref to toss him so he wouldn't have to watch anymore.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I like when Kunitz took a shift on the fourth line and a few people thought that was a change rather than a one off. :popcorn:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm gonna give the Sens some credit. They played tight against them and jumped on their chances.

Pens didn't have it at all tonight. Everything they touched they either muffed it or gave away what chances they had.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Bad news = Lowest point for the team this season.
Only good news = 26W 10L 5OTL

LOTS of work to be done if they wanna sniff a Cup this season.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
+ The third period, or most of it. They started to play like they do when they're on.

- The rest of the game.

Mattpilf

Jun 28, 2016
Guys who looked good

Sheary- great chances, only goal, and key to trying to beat the trap.

Wilson- close as hell chances but no dice. Looked very dangerous

Schultz- strong night

Fleury- Maybe our defensemen just sucked both nights more than either goalie sucking.

Things that might end up a positive. Kunitz could end up on the fourth line. Wilson will get another shot. Sid looked sub par, which maybe means Rust will be shuffled around.

Idk how Oleksy can stay in the line up after tonight. He's just been worse and worse every night.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Do you really think that people are all that mad or even worried?

Props to Sully as well though I agree that he needs to be careful in working the refs.

Still was fun seeing.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
All of the WBS kids from last year but Sheary (who has been able to have some really nice deflections) are not holding up well in the long haul of the regular season. Even after a week of rest they look slow and bored. And we're falling back into the Bylsma rut of when the stars aren't scoring, the team doesn't score.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
As painful as it is, I hope they keep losing until Sullivan finally has the clarity of mind to use the most obvious line combos that would lead to good player chemistry.

He played a good joke on me there at the end when I thought he actually moved Kunitz to the 4th line.

He also needs to quit being a stubborn a-hole when it comes to riding his best players. If you're down by 2 going into the 3rd or when there are less than 10 minutes in the game, quit rolling 4 lines and start double shifting your best players. You have 3 amazing forwards, use them. It's not rocket science. Kunitz is not going to save your game with a further time investment.

I like the emotion Sullivan brings and the strategy when contrasted with Johnston, but his bench management skills are horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad